League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Re: CSL GM Expectations

Membership
General Manager

Post by Membership »

Here's a quick guide what is expected of our GMs in terms of activity.

1. Logging in

CSL GMs are expected to sign in regularly and look after your team. That means signing in at least five times a week.

2. Using the Sim Results thread

Every GM is expected to use the sim results thread on a regular basis. It takes about 5 minutes tops to view the latest results and make a quick two line post.

3. Interacting with the CSL community

It is expected that all GMs read and comment on articles (particularly of others) regularly and engage in discussions on the forum. It makes it easier for people to write articles when they know there will be good discussion in response.

4. Article writing

Articles are expected from everyone on a regular basis. Between the admin team and the active GMs we have a lot of people working hard. It's not fair if you are just being a passenger

5. Treat others with respect, no personal attacks

I know it can be difficult to control our emotions, and we are all deeply passionate about this league. Don't let it get to the point of attacking or demeaning other people's character, or name-calling, or anything like that. Keep it respectful.

All fiveare important points. Failing to perform adequately in even one category will reflect poorly on you and the membership team will start looking closer at your activity here in CSL, and consequently, your future as a GM will come into question.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

5. Treat others with respect, no personal attacks

I know it can be difficult to control our emotions, and we are all deeply passionate about this league. Don't let it get to the point of attacking or demeaning other people's character, or name-calling, or anything like that. Keep it respectful.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Re: CSL GM Expectations

Post by emplep7 »

I want to reiterate these five basic expectations which would take all of 5 mins to complete for a GM.

I especially want to focus on points 2 and 3 where this is a sim league and the reason we have been around for as long as we have is because we have a great community. Just posting DCs is not part of the community and you can do that in a solo league. If you cannot comment on the sim results, follow the playoffs, or comment on an article someone took the time to write then you should not be in the league.

We will start tracking this closely as we do have a waiting list and don't want to lose interest from the GMs in waiting.

-The Admin Team