League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Pelicans Davis - Seeking Companion on Craigslist

Moderator: TMZ

Mattybriand
CEO

Re: Pelicans Davis - Seeking Companion on Craigslist

Post by Mattybriand »

8timechamp wrote:
GreenBear wrote:The league is full and has a short waiting list. It will still be around in 3 seasons
Good. Even though I'm not the most liked, if management needs some help, I'm willing to help if possible.

Hopefully it's around for another 5 seasons. I didn't rebuild for nothing lol

I'm not saying we won't, just coming from other leagues I know how fast things can go south
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Mattybriand wrote:
8timechamp wrote:
GreenBear wrote:The league is full and has a short waiting list. It will still be around in 3 seasons
Good. Even though I'm not the most liked, if management needs some help, I'm willing to help if possible.

I'm not saying we won't, just coming from other leagues I know how fast things can go south
Same. I've been in other leagues but this league is consistent mostly, with never missing a sim. I've seen leagues fail and this league still has potential to succeed even more imo.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

OneNole wrote:
Id beg to differ. Hes easily the top prospect to come out in a csl draft. Only one remotely close is Exum. And in 3 years when hea fully developed BG will be 32, KG will be 32, lbj is washed up, Westbrook is 32, and every other star not named AD will be 31.

So unless the draft department puts some major superstars in these next couple of drafts we are looking at a top 5 player after 3 seasons. Probably would be there regardless
This.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I've been around sim leagues for a while like you and this one is the most stable I've sim so far.
Not because I'm on it but we have a great core helping the league and it's not much work honestly to keep t working when multiple good guys are willing to help it.

I don't know how much we last but I'd bet we'll be here enough to see LeBron's son enter this league.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Marcos_Beck wrote:I've been around sim leagues for a while like you and this one is the most stable I've sim so far.
Not because I'm on it but we have a great core helping the league and it's not much work honestly to keep t working when multiple good guys are willing to help it.

I don't know how much we last but I'd bet we'll be here enough to see LeBron's son enter this league.
Yeah. Believe or not, I've been a mod at other leagues and this one is always consistent. I like discussing and arguing with general managers. That's what makes a league and the excitement that comes out of it.
I know eventually down the road(7-10 sim years) we will look at possible software upgrade but for now this league is a blast to be in.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Speaking of stable sim league.... what up w NLL? Any hope
It comes back?
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Marcos_Beck wrote:I've been around sim leagues for a while like you and this one is the most stable I've sim so far.
At least there's another one out there currently on its 17th season. ;)

And the NLL was great also for very long.
ImageImageImageImageImage

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Mattybriand wrote:
8timechamp wrote:

This league will never go away as long as I'm in it dudes so you can relax for now :D
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

andrei wrote:This league will never go away as long as I'm in it dudes so you can relax for now :D
:D
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

mgtr81 wrote:

Whatever happened to NLL 2.0 or whatever it was. I didn't make the cut apparently but I'm curious as to how it made out or if it's still going. :oops:
Clown.Show.League

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

There's a NLL 2.0 lol?
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

hardenwithnod wrote:There's a NLL 2.0 lol?
Yeah! There was supposed to be. It was like a secret society though. You had to apply and when the NLL ended you only knew if it happened if you were invited. . . and I wasn't. Never was well-liked there (sensing a theme) and despite my long tenure I didn't make the cut. I'm pretty sure some folks from here were recruited but I'm not sure what it ever amounted to.

I miss the NLL and the C2C for that matter.
Clown.Show.League

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Hahaha, a secret society. That's odd, and funny.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Ocons wrote:
mgtr81 wrote:

Whatever happened to NLL 2.0 or whatever it was. I didn't make the cut apparently but I'm curious as to how it made out or if it's still going. :oops:
The NBB. It does not exist anymore. There was no official announcement but it has not been anything happening for months. It did not finish its first season. I guess Myles can give more details on what actually happened, since he was one of the admins. I know Jeff did all he could, though.

It is unfortunate but I was right in my predicitions. If you remember, Kevin, when most of you (NLL members) were discussing how a new engine and/or a restart will give the league a new life, I was pointing out that the problem was not the engine nor the players, and that either a change of engine or restart would not solve anything. Unfortunately, time has proven I was right.
ImageImageImageImageImage

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

NBB failure was in large part for the same reason it needed to restart. The admins lost time, the commish had personal issues and had to step away and the engine choice, while an improvement, was still too old and was unable to find enough new members to sustain the league.

NLL failed bc it could not replace bad gms which drives interest down and fbb does not have a large enough network to recruit new members.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Does anyone play 2K17?
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

mgtr81 wrote:
Ocons wrote:
mgtr81 wrote:

The NBB. It does not exist anymore. There was no official announcement but it has not been anything happening for months. It did not finish its first season. I guess Myles can give more details on what actually happened, since he was one of the admins. I know Jeff did all he could, though.

It is unfortunate but I was right in my predicitions. If you remember, Kevin, when most of you (NLL members) were discussing how a new engine and/or a restart will give the league a new life, I was pointing out that the problem was not the engine nor the players, and that either a change of engine or restart would not solve anything. Unfortunately, time has proven I was right.
You were right to an extent. From our experience here, resurrecting a league is very tough and requires a lot of patience and persistence. Luckily we had a small group of about 6 GMs that did some heavylifting for a while to get the league back on track. But it was a real struggle especially to overcome all the 'csl is dead ' negativity initially
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

The key is level-loading here. You can't have a lone commish in any of these leagues, there is too much to handle. You need at a minimum 3 guys to head a league, with another 2-3 helping in some other aspects. Otherwise you burn out and it's not fun anymore and I think that's the key to this leagues success, which is what Andrei, Dennis, Jamal, Jake, etc all set up for this second go around.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

emplep7 wrote:The key is level-loading here. You can't have a lone commish in any of these leagues, there is too much to handle. You need at a minimum 3 guys to head a league, with another 2-3 helping in some other aspects. Otherwise you burn out and it's not fun anymore and I think that's the key to this leagues success, which is what Andrei, Dennis, Jamal, Jake, etc all set up for this second go around.
And, having a league full of people who understand that this is a fun sim league that we all enjoy but... that... there is life outside of that and the Admins live it too. The worst part is being an Admin with a bunch of melodramatic, ungrateful GMs who complain all the time.

On that note, thanks again Admin team for all that you do!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Agreed with Sun here, thank you for all the efforts, admins.