League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Bagley demands out of LA

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Bagley demands out of LA

Post by Dennis »

Can’t believe you in that regard. Andrew still in there?
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:02 pm Can’t believe you in that regard. Andrew still in there?
Haha nah I left over a year ago. It's for the best
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

OneNole wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:33 am
Ramcus wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:25 am
OneNole wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:11 am Pot calling the kettle black? I'm sure everyone could do the same for your trades.

I'm usually not the biggest fan of someone trashing other deals when they have never built a winning team. Obviously, people can do what they want, it just holds 0 weight or credibility. It would be similar to elfrid payton waking up and trashing another players game.
I just find it interesting that you've addressed this exact point at least twice now. Which isn't a lot, but just kinda odd it happened twice. You got something against me personally? First in the facebook chat and now here.
I said above that I'm not a big fan of people calling out others when they havent proven anything and made their own bad trades. You have your right to call them out but then I equally have the same right to call you out too.

Prove you're a winner then make your judgements
Im not a big fan of people who discourage other people from giving their opinions. How dull do you want to make the league? Why not just debate him on his opinion?

Since the draft team is so conservative with player creation a star will rarely ever fall below pick 5. There are 3 ways to win from scratch in this league and stockton is applying one of them. So Ramcus is wrong Stockton is actually doing a good job by doing a bad job.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

The Problem is the Development in the game concerning stars going past 5. I mean the plus 10 helps for some randomness, but the way the engine is set makes it nearly impossible to have like 5 stars each class and them going somewhere in the draft and not always in the top 5

Regarding Brett he also just brought up his opinion. I don’t mind Marcus having a strong opinion, I often have one myself concerning trades, however, I have a strong opinion no matter of who trades.

The posts here feel a lot like attacking Phil because I’ve rarely seen Marcus going that strong with someone else who is currently having success. So I actually like to see Brett stepping in here.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:03 pm The Problem is the Development in the game concerning stars going past 5. I mean the plus 10 helps for some randomness, but the way the engine is set makes it nearly impossible to have like 5 stars each class and them going somewhere in the draft and not always in the top 5

Regarding Brett he also just brought up his opinion. I don’t mind Marcus having a strong opinion, I often have one myself concerning trades, however, I have a strong opinion no matter of who trades.

The posts here feel a lot like attacking Phil because I’ve rarely seen Marcus going that strong with someone else who is currently having success. So I actually like to see Brett stepping in here.
There was nothing wrong with Marcus post. He gave his opinion on the direction of the lakers. OneNoles opinion is you shouldnt criticize if you havnt won.

As far as player creation. its pretty simple stop creating players with with current ratings so similar to potential ratings. Stop making the 10th best player complete trash compared to the best player, balance it out. Do both of these things and drafts will be less predictable.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I think we disagree here in both cases. But thats fine. Barely happens I’m with Brett regarding something, but here it’s the case.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:29 pm I think we disagree here in both cases. But thats fine. Barely happens I’m with Brett regarding something, but here it’s the case.
if you're with brett you shouldnt be allowed to criticize because you have never won.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:32 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:29 pm I think we disagree here in both cases. But thats fine. Barely happens I’m with Brett regarding something, but here it’s the case.
if you're with brett you shouldnt be allowed to criticize because you have never won.
I’m not criticising a deal here, do I? I’m criticising how marcus was answering Phil’s post. You shouldn’t twist things. But moving forward I will try to explain it more understandable for you. As Brett said, Phil left the most stacked team which andrew inherited to take over another rebuild for which Marcus trashed Phil as Phil wanted to make it his team. Brett “defending” Phil by just trashing Marcus as well is what I liked by Brett. And I agree that I find it odd to appear arrogant about something you aren’t doing better in. Which Marcus obviously did here regarding Phil but I’m sure wouldn’t do if someone else posts something like this. But that’s only my opinion and I like we have different ones here

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:05 pm
I’m not criticising a deal here, do I? I’m criticising how marcus was answering Phil’s post. You shouldn’t twist things. But moving forward I will try to explain it more understandable for you. As Brett said, Phil left the most stacked team which andrew inherited to take over another rebuild for which Marcus trashed Phil as Phil wanted to make it his team. Brett “defending” Phil by just trashing Marcus as well is what I liked by Brett. And I agree that I find it odd to appear arrogant about something you aren’t doing better in. Which Marcus obviously did here regarding Phil but I’m sure wouldn’t do if someone else posts something like this. But that’s only my opinion and I like we have different ones here
To be fair, all I was left with was Fultz, Zion, JJJ, Johnathon Simmons, and a few bad contracts(Beasley, Lo, and someone else I forget).The Knicks only won 34 games when I took over. (With Fultz, JJJ, Zion, Simmons).

It took effort, but only 3 out of 15 remain on the team I "inherited". JJJ has improved 2-3 points in each area since. But overall, he did average 13-8 before I took over. People thought he could be a good third option. He has turned into a legit #2 or #1 option under my guidance.

Simmons is still the same. Fultz is gone for a pick.

So basically I inherited the best player in CSL history. Yeah I can understand that one.

Not directed towards you Dennis. This was the 2nd time I heard about inheriting the most stacked team in csl history. Lol when it wasn't the team. Best player in CSL history sounds better.

But we all know it takes a whole team to win. Not just 1 player, and I have tried to build the "team". :D

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Andrewu91 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:34 pm

To be fair, all I was left with was Fultz, Zion, JJJ, Johnathon Simmons, and a few bad contracts(Beasley, Lo, and someone else I forget).The Knicks only won 34 games when I took over. (With Fultz, JJJ, Zion, Simmons).

It took effort, but only 3 out of 15 remain on the team I "inherited". JJJ has improved 2-3 points in each area since. But overall, he did average 13-8 before I took over. People thought he could be a good third option. He has turned into a legit #2 or #1 option under my guidance.

So basically I inherited the best player in CSL history. Yeah I can understand that one.

Not directed towards you Dennis. This was the 2nd time I heard about inheriting the most stacked team in csl history. Lol when it wasn't the team. Best player in CSL history sounds better.

But we all know it takes a whole team to win. Not just 1 player, and I have tried to build the "team". :D
That's a tad ridiculous statement. A 34 win team that it's best players were rookies. The team also had several other good players like JUSTIN anderson picks and others I forget. Phil could have kept his eyes closed and won 50 games this season.

I find it laughable to think jjj improved under you when he was a developing rookie or first year player when you took him over
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Brett “defending” Phil by just trashing Marcus as well is what I liked by Brett. And I agree that I find it odd to appear arrogant about something you aren’t doing better in. Which Marcus obviously did here regarding Phil but I’m sure wouldn’t do if someone else posts something like this. But that’s only my opinion and I like we have different ones here
This is what i disagree with. Someone gives their opinion and instead of debating that opinion you just trash them by saying they are in no position to give their opinion. This thread is about LA if you dont agree with NOPs opinion debate it like BT did.

If you want to talk about NOPs bad moves go to an NOP thread and discuss their bad moves there.

If Onenole explained what Stockton did in NY and the steps hes taking to replicate that in LA, that would be fine.

Saying he's not a fan of people talking negatively about other teams who havnt proved anything and switching the debate to trashing them for their own moves is not how you debate. it will jsut lead to less debate and every reply will be "i like what youre doing itll be interesting to see how it turns out"

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

OneNole wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:07 pm

That's a tad ridiculous statement. A 34 win team that it's best players were rookies. The team also had several other good players like JUSTIN anderson picks and others I forget. Phil could have kept his eyes closed and won 50 games this season.

I find it laughable to think jjj improved under you when he was a developing rookie or first year player when you took him over
JJJ and Fultz were 2nd year players. Year before JJJ averaged 13-8, he had averaged 11-7. You don't go from those stats to become 20-11 without the right management and +1 in a few areas. What did Fultz do, and what is he doing now?

Justin Anderson is someone who I believed in, and I also am the guy who traded him twice. The year we made the engine switch, before I traded him, he shot a whopping 33.8% from three. And only 5.3ppg. I wouldn't call that a good player, when he was making 8+ million a year. I would call that shedding another bad contract. He's solid % wise and 6ppg with the Hawks, but that doesn't justify 9 million a year.

But like you said to Marcus, I'll say to you... "I said above that I'm not a big fan of people calling out others when they haven't proven anything".

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:34 pm To be fair, all I was left with was Fultz, Zion, JJJ, Johnathon Simmons, and a few bad contracts(Beasley, Lo, and someone else I forget).The Knicks only won 34 games when I took over. (With Fultz, JJJ, Zion, Simmons).
#8 Thybulle is a pretty good player JJJ/Zion/Thybulle would have dominated for a decade. You dont get this lucky in the lottery and not build a great team. So i have to agree with the others stockton built this team you took it over.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:09 pm
Brett “defending” Phil by just trashing Marcus as well is what I liked by Brett. And I agree that I find it odd to appear arrogant about something you aren’t doing better in. Which Marcus obviously did here regarding Phil but I’m sure wouldn’t do if someone else posts something like this. But that’s only my opinion and I like we have different ones here
This is what i disagree with. Someone gives their opinion and instead of debating that opinion you just trash them by saying they are in no position to give their opinion. This thread is about LA if you dont agree with NOPs opinion debate it like BT did.

If you want to talk about NOPs bad moves go to an NOP thread and discuss their bad moves there.

If Onenole explained what Stockton did in NY and the steps hes taking to replicate that in LA, that would be fine.

Saying he's not a fan of people talking negatively about other teams who havnt proved anything and switching the debate to trashing them for their own moves is not how you debate. it will jsut lead to less debate and every reply will be "i like what youre doing itll be interesting to see how it turns out"
I think you're looking at this a tad bit into the extreme. Plenty of people will still give their opinions/trash on trades.

I've been in sim leagues far too long to believe that criticism will ever leave a league.

Just funny to me that Marcus can be so over the top critical on teams moves like he actually knows what he is talking about. But then he is sensitive to the fact when someone calls him out to say that he actually doesnt know what he is doing.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Andrewu91 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:23 pm

JJJ and Fultz were 2nd year players. Year before JJJ averaged 13-8, he had averaged 11-7. You don't go from those stats to become 20-11 without the right management and +1 in a few areas. What did Fultz do, and what is he doing now?

Justin Anderson is someone who I believed in, and I also am the guy who traded him twice. The year we made the engine switch, before I traded him, he shot a whopping 33.8% from three. And only 5.3ppg. I wouldn't call that a good player, when he was making 8+ million a year. I would call that shedding another bad contract. He's solid % wise and 6ppg with the Hawks, but that doesn't justify 9 million a year.

But like you said to Marcus, I'll say to you... "I said above that I'm not a big fan of people calling out others when they haven't proven anything".
Fultz got worse in the engine switch just like depaula got better. Some of this stuff is lucky. Furthermore, a lot of players improve come their 3rd season in the league..

Is the team better since you took over? Yes, but let's not kid ourselves and think that this team wouldnt have won 50 games with 0 assistance. The team was loaded and I'd love to find one other opinion that would state otherwise that was in the league two seasons ago.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:09 pm

Okay I really think you try to ignore what I’m saying and want to stick to the topic you want to talk about lol. Again I will repeat. Marcus wasn’t fair in evaluation of Phil and Brett neither of Marcus. So I liked he just did the same. Again, my point is, Marcus wouldn’t talk about someone that bad that has success but a bad trade. He just trashed Phil here because he’s currently running a team that’s even worse than his. So, like said, Brett just doing the same like Marcus. I like a lot. Now you will start debating something again that’s not the point but that’s fine ^^..
Last edited by Dennis on Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

No worries man! Not taking anything personal in here lol. It’s just a sim league I check in here and there haha.

However, development here can’t be influenced and the core (JJJ, Zion, etc) was put together by Phil. You still need to use the talent correct though. So coaching wise your success, no doubt. But the team was built by Phil.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

OneNole wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:36 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:23 pm

Fultz got worse in the engine switch just like depaula got better. Some of this stuff is lucky. Furthermore, a lot of players improve come their 3rd season in the league..

Is the team better since you took over? Yes, but let's not kid ourselves and think that this team wouldnt have won 50 games with 0 assistance. The team was loaded and I'd love to find one other opinion that would state otherwise that was in the league two seasons ago.
I would have to disagree with most stacked team ever. There once was a Dallas team with Prime Steph Curry, Prime Paul George, Prime.. well, who cares. we know what happened with the most stacked team ever.

Stacked doesn't mean the best. You manage Fultz, Zion, JJJ like I did last year and you would be 14-21 also. Lol. So no I disagree, without a move, the team wouldn't have won 50 games last year by themselves. And there's probably opinions that agree with my statement.

It's about finding the right talent and balance, to even get close to 50 wins. 50 wins means you are a legit contender. The roster I inherited wouldn't have won 50 games without a gm...

Discrediting anyone of anything is just bias and hate my dude.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:40 pm

No worries man! Not taking anything personal in here lol. It’s just a sim league I check in here and there haha.

However, development here can’t be influenced and the core (JJJ, Zion, etc) was put together by Phil. You still need to use the talent correct though. So coaching wise your success, no doubt. But the team was built by Phil.
He got Willy's pick and yes drafted Zion. I forget what happened to the Knicks first that year. Anyone know?

Regardless, Phil did start with Zion and JJJ. What they become is up to the new manager.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I said inherited the most stacked young team. I didnt realize the dallas team I inherited was a stacked young team.

I'm fairly certain you have never had a winning record against me in any season. Even the year you won I'm fairly certain you lose 3 of 4 to me. This may be the first year ever you win, unfortunately we can play twice a year instead of the 3 to 4 games like the past.