League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Spurs GM on Hot Seat

wms02a
CEO

Spurs GM on Hot Seat

Post by wms02a »

San Antonio: There has been a lot of rumblings coming out of the San Antonio Front Office as of late. Spurs GM, Billy Smith, is believed to have told the Spurs ownership group at the end of the offseason that he expected the team to compete for a playoff spot. Smith was betting on ZDK and Harrison being one of the most dynamic backcourts in the league. To date that has not really panned out along with the Spurs front court weakness compounding the problems. The Spurs though have had one of the top offenses this season scoring almost 106 points per game behind surprise 6MOY leading candidate Marcus Smart. As good as there offense has been, there defense is only that much more terrible allowing 108 PPG.

Spurs ownership believes they were sold a bill of good from Smith that is not coming close to true. Currently, San Antonio is 14 -29 with the worse record in the division. Insiders are not confident Smith will make it through the rest of the season with the organization and it is believed some around the league have already received phone calls from Smith asking to potentially join other organizations.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Spurs GM on Hot Seat

Post by Marcos_Beck »

That's interesting.
Also, worth pointing out that Jeff is a Spurs fan... :roll:

Maybe there's a change coming, with Billy getting another team and Jeff his beloved Spurs? Who knows?

I'd like to see that, though.
And I'll be back in Chicago one day Rhox, if you allow me to.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:09 pm That's interesting.

Maybe there's a change coming, with Billy getting another team and Jeff his beloved Spurs? Who knows?

Hey I am life long Spurs Fan!!! I dont want to be fired from my team I love! Grew up in San Antonio and have peed my pants twice while sitting under the hoop during a game when i fell asleep.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:09 pm That's interesting.

Lol no way haha jk
I'm fine either way...
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke