League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Rumors Coming out of San Antonio

wms02a
CEO

Rumors Coming out of San Antonio

Post by wms02a »

San Antonio: With the recent news coming out of the CSL league offices about the changes to max contracts, it has the San Antonio front office scrambling to make changes to their off-season strategy. Currently the Spurs will have roughly $50MM in capspace going into free agency and initially they were going to target clear tier 2 players to build around both Gant and Graham, but with these changes the front office has begun to look at both of Detroit's RFAs as two of the first five max contracts they can offer in the first day. It is also believed the Spurs are preparing to offer former Spurs draft pick Khris Middleton with a $17MM/year contract seeing him as a perfect compliment to new Spur JaKeenan Gant. With the upcoming MIddleton offer, the Spurs are contemplating offering Troy Brown a max contract in order to put cap pressure on Milwaukee while helping their chances to sign Middleton, their preferred target. Other players on the Spurs radar for >$10MM/yr contracts are Deyonta Davis, Davon Reed, & Chimezie Metu.

The front office is optimistic they can nab one of the top RFA's this off-season but believe it could take risk in offering contracts to other player initially not on their radar. More to come of free agency kicks off.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Rumors Coming out of San Antonio

Post by Andrewu91 »

I mean it's not a bad strategy at all. I'm sure you will grab one of them if you max them. Even tier two guys, will probably sign for a "good" offer.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson