League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Hiring and Training Staff

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Re: Coach Hiring and Training Staff

Post by Silogical »

Compare NBA playoff injuries with CSL playoff injuries, then factor in CSLs stupid playoff schedule. 1 minor injury in the csl playoffs is 4 missed games. The playoffs in CSL are a crapshoot mainly because of injuries.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

KW wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:53 am That's honestly not unrealistic. There was a stretch of games for the Hornets this season where we were down to 8 or 9 active players and missing 3-4 guys for weeks at a time (non of those being COVID absences). It does suck, but it happens. There's been instances in past seasons where NBA teams have to request emergency roster spots because they don't have 8 active players. I've never seen that here though I've gotten close once in DDS3 lol
I would not compare anything to this year's NBA. The season was very condensed and injury rates were predictably way up. I would throw this year and last year's time in the bubble out the window honestly. With all due respect to the Bucks and Suns, I don't think either team would be in the NBA finals in a normal year. But that's getting off topic.

GMs predictably have varying opinions on whether there are too many or too few injuries and that's okay. It's not like anyone has an unfair advantage. I'm just saying for me personally, it's gotten very annoying. Just having to redo my DC and submatrix every freaking sim has gotten to be a huge pain in the ass lol

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Definitely comes down to how it has effected the individual.

Like as much as I like keeping tabs on other teams, I don't really check which guys are playing/injured or how frequent so I can definitely understand some are frustrated if they've experienced it and some are okay with it as they haven't.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

All season long dealing with 2 or 3 injuries at the time, I don't know how normal is this in the NBA, but certainly I would like to have my players available more often.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I haven't personally had any real problems with the injury rate with this engine, but I can see why GM's have a problem with a consistently streaky injury rate. If testing could be done, we could find out whether the training staff matters to injury rate. At that point, we could decide on whether or not we start adjusting training staffs league wide, or how we can adjust injury rate in the engine.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present