League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

New MN Timberwolves GM AlexS Press Conference

AlexS
General Manager

New MN Timberwolves GM AlexS Press Conference

Post by AlexS »

Welcome everyone to new Minnesota Timberwolves General Manager AlexS opening press conference. After an opening statement, please submit any questions to the new general manager.

"Thank you everyone, and thank you to owner Glen Taylor and CEO Ethan Casson for believing in me, and trusting me in leading the Minnesota Timberwolves. Throughout the hiring process, we have identified a shared focus and goal on how we can lead the TImberwolves to winning a championship. As an organization, we are looking at making smart business and basketball decisions that will give us a competitive edge. Building a championship caliber organization will not be easy, and it will take time, but with a shared focus and the support from the great state of Minnesota, we will achieve our goals."

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: New MN Timberwolves GM AlexS Press Conference

Post by Stockton12 »

will you bring cousins , Weber and Wright ?

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Welcome! Gonna be a long long road to glory. But if you stay motivated everything can achieved. Realistically every team can become top5 with wise decisions. It might just need 2 real life years.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Welcome dude!
First of all stop trading Minny picks since previous GM was all about that
Gonna be a long way towards the top but stay motivated, you’ll be able to get there!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:24 am Welcome dude!
First of all stop trading Minny picks since previous GM was all about that
This

Take your time to decide which way you want to go and don't be shy to contact the vet GM's!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Welcome, and good luck man!
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I'm curious to see what the future holds for Minnesota basketball. I don't know what the next winning team in Minnesota will look like or who will remain from this roster, but you should feel pretty free in that you aren't beholden to anything really. Have fun!

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Welcome aboard brutha! Love the avatar you’ve chosen. That old school logo is sweet! Best of luck figuring out a direction you want to take this franchise.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

Stockton12 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:19 am will you bring cousins , Weber and Wright ?
We first and foremost would like to thank Delon, Briante, and Booger, er, I mean Boogie for what they have contributed to the Timberwolves franchise and the state of Minnesota. We value the contributions Briante has brought to the court highly, it would be silly to not build around the backourt partnership he and Tyus have formed. Delon and Booger, ah Boogie, are fantastic basketball players and we view them as valuable assets who any basketball team in the CSL would be happy to have.

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

Dennis wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:31 am Welcome! Gonna be a long long road to glory. But if you stay motivated everything can achieved. Realistically every team can become top5 with wise decisions. It might just need 2 real life years.
Thank you, we will have a very flexible mindisght as to what the future holds for the Timberwolves. We believe in making smart, basketball decisions will always lead a franchise in the right direction.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Welcome once again, what is your ideal style of play for a team? Offense? Defense? Boards? Turk was? Efficiency? 3pt? Run and gun?
Big changes are coming in D.C.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Good luck! Minny needs someone who is really committed and being a fan of the real team helps a lot
Cleveland Cavaliers

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

Myles wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:29 pm I'm curious to see what the future holds for Minnesota basketball. I don't know what the next winning team in Minnesota will look like or who will remain from this roster, but you should feel pretty free in that you aren't beholden to anything really. Have fun!
I agree with this statement. I have been given full autonomy from owner Glen Taylor to shape this basketball team as I see fit.

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

Rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:55 pm Welcome aboard brutha! Love the avatar you’ve chosen. That old school logo is sweet! Best of luck figuring out a direction you want to take this franchise.
Thank you! My first order of business upon becoming GM was getting rid of the neon headache logo/uniforms and restoring this beauty!

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

hardenwithnod wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:30 am Welcome once again, what is your ideal style of play for a team? Offense? Defense? Boards? Turk was? Efficiency? 3pt? Run and gun?
That's a great question. I don't necessarily marry myself to playing 1 style of basketball, as I believe you have to play to the strengths of the players that you have. That being said, I believe in valuing certain aspects of the game (winning the turnover and rebounding battle, efficient shot selection, etc.) that will definitely be a part of the New Wolves Order.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Where do you see the team at the end of Year One, competing or tearing it down and going from scratch?

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:09 am Where do you see the team at the end of Year One, competing or tearing it down and going from scratch?
It's tough to say, things could go a few different routes, likely all depending on what happens with Boogie!