League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2022 Rookie First Impressions

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

2022 Rookie First Impressions

Post by Myles »

Ratings appear to be correct in the HTML so go ahead and discuss the rookie class

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2022 Rookie First Impressions

Post by Jestor »

I had most of Bagley's currents figured out. Biggest surprise to me is Ntilikina's starting DEF being better than I thought it'd be.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

All my rookies look exactly like what I expected, and I am excited to see how much they will improve over training camp.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Bagley’s floor is definitely higher than I thought it would be, expected more numbers in the mid-high 50s. Still has to hit his potentials, but he’ll at least be productive even if he busts.

I love that Tatum’s SCR is almost 70 from day 1. Hopefully he can get into the 70s and maybe even low 80s, as that’s the kind of player I need.

Also, Alex Caruso has a 56 SCR already, was expecting that to be a little lower. But if he can get those shots up, he’s going to be a fantastic backup guard.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Tried hard for Ntilikina. Looks like a good prospect
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Wow checked Eric Mika (the player I drafted for HOU), not bad DRB DEF BLK ratings at all

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

WillyJakkz wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:21 pm Wow checked Eric Mika (the player I drafted for HOU), not bad DRB DEF BLK ratings at all
Yeah I'm looking forward to working with him. He's gonna be fun. Forgot how low his SCR was though lol

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Wendell Carter looks a lot better in pass/handle and defensive ability than I thought (already knew his rebounding would be elite)

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Wow Tim Kempton looks awesome for a 39th pick. 80+ offensive rebounding is perfect in case LaVine goes Brickmode :)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Tryggvi Hlinason!!!
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

He's exactly what I was hoping for. I hope there's room for development so Allen turns out to be a 70+ player in DRB, ORB, DEF, BLK and DI. If he gets that +10 scoring boost, watch out. But if not he'll possibly become a productive starter like Gorgui Dieng with better DI and O but less on the D and rebounding aspect. Right now he's a solid 3rd big, exactly what I thought.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 pm He's exactly what I was hoping for. I hope there's room for development so Allen turns out to be a 70+ player in DRB, ORB, DEF, BLK and DI. If he gets that +10 scoring boost, watch out. But if not he'll possibly become a productive starter like Gorgui Dieng with better DI and O but less on the D and rebounding aspect. Right now he's a solid 3rd big, exactly what I thought.
All just for 2 guys who would be Day 19/20 grabs in FA! Good on you.
Clown.Show.League

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Wendell Carter looks like a beast which is good for MIL. The top 4-5 guys really are a cut above the rest, but there are good players that made it out to the 2nd round. Jaylen Adams has an interesting combination of skills, but I'm not sure what position he should play.

As for us, Keita Bates-Diop looks to be a potential 3&D starter once I get him to lose some weight and Bam Bam will be my starting center from day 1 with potential to be a better Whiteside for us. For all of the Arch hate, he also looks to be a top of the line backup PG/spot starter with good range.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Jon got a good one, especially now that he's dealt away Okafor and Harrell. I think Bam Adebayo is going to be a beast!

As for my guys, DeAndre Ayton is obviously ready to perform right away. Jonathan Isaac I actually expected to come in with higher block rating but 67/64/70 ORB/DRB/DEF from a rookie SF seems good enough to me to play next to Mario Hezonja. Dwayne Bacon looks to be a long ways away from contributing. God damn you Doug! That should have been Terrance Ferguson. Or I should have made the right pick and gone with Jo Lual-Acuil!

As for my 2nd round pick, Frank Jackson looks much better than I expected him to look! He's got 62 passing, 64 handles and 67 defense. His IQ is abysmal though and may relegate him to be a career backup if that doesn't grow into normal starting point guard ranges!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

As expected out 2 rooks are showing up quite raw and will probably only have an impact in maybe 2 seasons.
But a good camp could certainly help.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Bananas that we got these 3 guys in the 2nd round, where we did.

Kadeem Allen looks like he could start now in the right system - just not sure if ours is it. Not sure we even have a system??? But, 87/58/67 on DEF-STL-BLK is going to be nice on the wing. He has really low SCR and high PAS too, which will be nice bc he can't shoot.

Jalen Jones is going to be interesting to keep an eye on too with 76 HDL, 71 DEF, 70 STL already. If he can shoot even just a lick, he could slot in as a starting SF.

Bronson doesn't look great but if he can really shoot lights out, then he's set up to do just that.

Haven't looked at anyone else but will comment on the broader group when I get a chance.
Clown.Show.League

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

I definitely expected Trae Young to show a bit more potential. Hopefully, he can still improve.

Angel Delgado and Landen Lucas look like solid pickups for the second round. Have yet to decide how to allocate minutes to them but they'll certainly get some playing time.

Frank Mason looks okay for a backup point guard.
Last edited by ozymandias on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Ocons wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 pm Bananas that we got these 3 guys in the 2nd round, where we did.

Kadeem Allen looks like he could start now in the right system - just not sure if ours is it. Not sure we even have a system??? But, 87/58/67 on DEF-STL-BLK is going to be nice on the wing. He has really low SCR and high PAS too, which will be nice bc he can't shoot.

Jalen Jones is going to be interesting to keep an eye on too with 76 HDL, 71 DEF, 70 STL already. If he can shoot even just a lick, he could slot in as a starting SF.

Bronson doesn't look great but if he can really shoot lights out, then he's set up to do just that.

Haven't looked at anyone else but will comment on the broader group when I get a chance.
Who let this man get away with theft?
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Ocons wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 pm Bananas that we got these 3 guys in the 2nd round, where we did.

I'm really interested to see how Allen does. He could be a massive steal if you're able to bring his defense to the forefront and survive playing 4 on 5 on offense. But I think I could out-shoot him and I've touched a basketball maybe 6 times in the last year.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Happy with Brunson he should be good to go from day one.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year