League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2027 Rookie Class - First Impressions

The Simmer
The Simmer Supreme

2027 Rookie Class - First Impressions

Post by The Simmer »

The rookie draft was completed in game and they should all be in the newly updated file/HTML now.

Feel free to add your thoughts on the draft class now that you can all see them in game.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2027 Rookie Class - First Impressions

Post by Stockton12 »

happy with all 3 of my picks , babb looks awesome and moore is good for a second round pick and no major flaws in his profile unlike philips ..but i can live with that

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Given we picked fairly late Im pretty happy with Sausinskas. Solid wing that has solid efficiency, can pass and play solid defense. Very intelligent as well. Fit's in nicely next to Fox/Cordi/Bridges/Lindell/Michineau in the backcourt.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Romeo Langford looks fantastic. His offense looks like an Elfrid who can shoot the 3 and his defense is slightly above average. His rebounding is a surprise. I didn't expect him to have 60ish rebounding potential so that was a nice bonus and fits my style of play like a glove.

Excited to have a young two-way player and will start my offerings to the basketball gods for a boom!

Really happy I still have a semi-decent Elfrid to model his play after some. Will make shot selection development faster.
Cleveland Cavaliers

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Basically what we expected. We wont know if mistakes were made until after training camp
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Waters has a good foundation, which we knew from our scouting. His development will be essential for our franchise. Waters + Hayes is the long term heart + soul of Indiana.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

It turned out pretty close with my scouting, although i hope i wont regret passing up on Gant. The Doom and Gant as early favorites for ROY it seems.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

For one of the last picks in the draft, Jalen Harris looks pretty good. Not sure what his shooting ability is like, but a pretty good passer and defender is a nice boost if he can actually shoot. Looks like we have a lot of work to do on his preferences though!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Hoard's SCR and DEF came in as better than I expected. Woodbury is indeed trash outside of rebounding

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Gant looks like a beast! No weaknesses outside of his FT shooting. Was not expecting a high DRFL like he has and he already has a HDL/PAS combination as a very low end PG. Excited to see him perform this season!
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

drumr wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:18 am Romeo Langford looks fantastic. His offense looks like an Elfrid who can shoot the 3 and his defense is slightly above average. His rebounding is a surprise. I didn't expect him to have 60ish rebounding potential so that was a nice bonus and fits my style of play like a glove.

Excited to have a young two-way player and will start my offerings to the basketball gods for a boom!

Really happy I still have a semi-decent Elfrid to model his play after some. Will make shot selection development faster.
I was about to trade into the top picks and this was the player I was looking for! Good pick for the Cavs. I know there are some concerns about his efficiency but my scouts didn't look this bad in ths regard.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

As expected lots of raw players, but pretty happy overall with my guys, as a good training camp will be huge for them.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

now that i am in file to see potentials, i definitely got the low ends on my guys potential wise.

I scouted Jessup 9 times and a most of my scouts came back with his score being in the 70s. I didnt get a single scout below 64 to give me pause that his score rating may stay low. Regardless, he will shoot at such a high percentage that he should still average 15-17 ppg but I was really hoping his SCR would have been in the low 70s instead of 64.

Brodziansky is looking more like a miss. Scouted him 8 times, half of my scouts had his SCR in the high 80s, two others high 70s, and the other two in the low 70s so of course his potential comes in at 72. You would think scouting him 8 times I would have received one scout for him in the 60s for score. Got the low end for him on ORB and Steals as well. Just a whiff and horrible luck there. At least he will be very efficient too.

Teske at pick 15, wasnt a miss but I still got the low ends again. Scouted him 5 times, 3 of my 5 scouts for ORB were 88, 88, 92, the other two were 78 79. So of course his potential is 79. I was hoping his blocks would have been in the 50s too but he is at least starter worthy and with the right team could easily average 17 8 and 1

Jeremiah Martin came in probably close to expected. Will have to see how free agency goes if we decide to sign him or not. But if I dont, someone else certainly will as he could be a solid #2 or #3 PG with range

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Good job by BT taking Kabengele over Brown. I had high ends from Brown than Kabengele, but per the norm it seems for me with this scouting period, all of the guys I liked (minus 1 or 2) I received the high ends on.

I almost took brown at 9 and I am glad I didnt.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Hudson's consistency is great, which was my main doubt about him since I didn't interview him. I'm really happy with him ... I think people often overlook consistency/discipline/IQ.

As for Bratec, well, I cannot expect more from a 56th overall selection. In fact, he has some interesting potential in some areas. If he hits those potentials, he could be a good shooter off the bench.
ImageImageImageImageImage

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Our first rounders are as expected. Doom is a stud, Bane is a bit lower than I thought but still decent and Adams is a ready to go backup PG. Second rounders are a bit disappointing though and we may end up waiving all of them
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Haven't had a chance to check the file yet but keen to see how some of these rookies look.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

bt

Post by bt »

Actually pretty happy with our draft overall. Kabengele is exactly what we envisioned and should fit perfectly with the Porter offense we run. He's also great insurance if we decide to move Bol on at some point as we have a replacement now.

Kind of really like Tate too. Can rebound, pass and man defend well enough with a corner three apparently. At 6'4" though and no handles, it remains to be seen how much of a problem that will be if he plays guard but at forward, that height could be a concern. My CSL PJ Tucker I guess.

Another kid we took via trade also looks decent to be a rotation player and make one of our contracted players available.

With the rest, I love Doumbouya. Andrei is putting together some serious young talent and with Varnado, Culver and Fernando, what a great young core. Wiseman doesn't look amazing but he's still a good solid big and Gant looks so interesting too with how competent across the board he is.

Waters looks perfect for Indiana and I like Green in Utah as looks ideal for 3&D. The guy we passed on in Langford looks pretty nice too but I'm still worried about his efficiency. Strategy/instructions might be able to fix that though.
sacramento kings

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Compare Langford to Elfrid and you'll see exactly why I'm not worried.
Cleveland Cavaliers

bt

Post by bt »

drumr wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:29 pm Compare Langford to Elfrid and you'll see exactly why I'm not worried.
Compare Isaiah Cousins to Collin Sexton and you'll see exactly why that means nothing.
sacramento kings