League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Lost Trice as much

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Lost Trice as much

Post by Andrewu91 »

With a multi year double digit contract on the table since day 3, Travis Trice ultimately decided to go into Free Agency Part 2.

When the multi year contract was first offered, he was interested in the deal.

A few days passed and the New York Knicks added another 100k. The next day, another 100k to sign that day.

In the end and last day of talking, the Knicks took back only $200,000 and presented him with his original offer so they could add 3 minimum salary players to the roster. Unfortunately the player agent didn't have Trice's best interest at heart.

When talking to the New Knicks GM, he had a few words to say..

"Isaiah Austin" former All Star signs a 1 year 5 million deal but Trice declines a multi year double digit contract. What an idiot."

"There is some kind of vendetta against the Knicks and the player agent's ego got in the way. He did what wasn't in the best interest of his client."

"Comments in the thread towards the player should have no effect towards a player willing to sign. Player Agent even said so himself in past years. What a hypocrite."

"This is the first time in CSL history a deal over 5 million annually was declined in Part one of Free Agency.

The Knicks will be surprised if a team beats their offer. But glad the Player Agent ultimately was fired because of his incompetence and ego.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JnEPTG6K4pY
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Lost Trice as much

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Don’t blame PA for being cheap, mate.

Trice is a good player and should be back in NY but you messed up by reducing the offer, that’s something you cannot do.

Also rules were clear, anyone who did this would would decrease player’s interest in signing with their team.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:30 pm Don’t blame PA for being cheap, mate.

Trice is a good player and should be back in NY but you messed up by reducing the offer, that’s something you cannot do.

Also rules were clear, anyone who did this would would decrease player’s interest in signing with their team.
Yep. Teams try to get cute and pay for it.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:30 pm Don’t blame PA for being cheap, mate.

Blaming the PA over 200k. Not 1 million. Not 2 million. Not a taco but 200k. When he receives LLE or less, I will be the one laughing saying " see told you so." And blame this on player agent never returning again in a few seasons.

It is what it is. Haha

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I actually 100% sure you knew that will happen and just did it to be able to do some Andrew stuff. Wouldn’t even be surprised if even the article was already planned in your head.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Just for your information, 200k is worth more than a taco. So yes, Trice was justified in his denial of the contract. Any sort of decrease in a player's offer will decrease their interest in your team. So don't play games, just so that you can play victim to the system. Take it at face value, Travis Trice doesn't wanna play for the Knicks. You don't gotta make things personal, he's not dodging your team because of you. He's dodging your team because you can't give a consistent offer.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I dont think Andrew really cares because in the end trice will likely sign for much less. Andrew was actually being an idiot offering what he did to start when trice wasnt going to have the market to sign him at that.

I'm actually curious what the pa floor was for him.

I do hope that someone offers trice a large one year deal to spurn Andrew but I know that that is unrealistic.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

OneNole wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 pm I dont think Andrew really cares because in the end trice will likely sign for much less. Andrew was actually being an idiot offering what he did to start when trice wasnt going to have the market to sign him at that.

I'm actually curious what the pa floor was for him.

I do hope that someone offers trice a large one year deal to spurn Andrew but I know that that is unrealistic.
True. I was just fooling around with my offers and stuff. I would have played Nunn 10mpg at point guard if I had to.

Trice re-signed and now he can get GDP's left over water break minutes. Trice available if anyone is interested in a starting caliber point guard signed cheap for two years.