League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Hawks trade franchise icon Michael Young to Denverand acquire Marcus Smart

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Hawks trade franchise icon Michael Young to Denverand acquire Marcus Smart

Post by Flaming Homer »

The Hawks, looking to close the gap to the East elite, did some trades shaking up this year’s roster. Most stunningly the franchise and fan favorite Michael Young will also don a different jersey.

Young was drafted late in the first round as a defense role player by the Hawks. He was scouted as a having potential to be a top rebounder and after the ratings were revealed, he even showed good talent as a low post defender. He developed very quick and an additional scoring boost made him a legit 2-way player.

Since the franchise is planning a rebuild sooner than later, it was a writing at the wall that Young may have to move on if he doesn’t want to waste good years of his career playing on a team of rookies. The question only was for a rebuilding package or another star player.

Now the Hawks move on from him and also White, McGary and Clarkson. Some of them fixtures in the Hawks lineup. In comes all-star Marcus Smart who leads the league together with Cousins in scoring.

Hope is that he can create a dynamic team with AD and OP to push the Hawks to a good playoff run, it is championship or bust.

Good luck for all of them with their new teams. They were all very good fits and valuable role player. Young was even more!

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Re: Hawks trade franchise icon Michael Young to Denverand acquire Marcus Smart

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

AD + Smart is a pretty epic duo. Add in that old man experience of Porter and Drummond and I really think this team could do some damage. Nice to see you go for it!
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah, this is a dangerous team right here and with the experience it going to really help come playoff time.

I am a huge fan of Michael Young as he's another player I would love on the Pistons, but when you can get a game changer like Smart to pair with your ready now team, you just have to go for it and I respect that you did what a handful of other GMs would be too scared to do.

I would say good luck, but I'm hoping for the opposite if we meet in the playoffs.

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Yeah i also like Young but i think it's worth the gamble if you somehow manage to control Smart's over eagerness to shoot sometimes. It might affect the whole team in the process negatively but if you can find the right mix right away, this could click all the way to the title. All i can say is good luck.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

emplep7 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:44 pm I would say good luck, but I'm hoping for the opposite if we meet in the playoffs.
Haha, I can already smell a rematch ;-)

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

rh0xxy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:57 pm Yeah i also like Young but i think it's worth the gamble if you somehow manage to control Smart's over eagerness to shoot sometimes. It might affect the whole team in the process negatively but if you can find the right mix right away, this could click all the way to the title. All i can say is good luck.
This will be indeed the big challenge. He sometimes looks out of control and that whole thing can totally go belly up.
Hope not, because I never had such a explosive offense weapon and would like to see him scoring within the team strategy.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

The Hawks are for real.

As if East wasn’t great enough already… Surely the best available move for your team, the lack of a PG and depth are the only things that could make this team not win it all.

That starting unit is just INSANE. Defensively, there’s no holes in this team. Offensively, the fit seems to be perfect. Man, this is going to be a bloodbath to make it out of the East.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

This is probably my favorite move of the whole year. This has Elton Brand vibe to it.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

hawks took a big gamble and i think it will pay off ..go hawks

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Love this move for you, I don't know how you pulled it off, but man what a big time move to contend. Love to see it!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

approved for scouting