League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

There's No Place Like Home

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

There's No Place Like Home

Post by WillyJakkz »

With all of the talk about "random road Wins" and the glitch pointed out usually by Dennis I for the first time looked at the standings and saw the most strange result I have ever seen.

There are literally only SIX CSL teams with. ,500 or better record on the road and they all reside in the Eastern Conference:
Brooklyn, Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee, Atlanta, and Miami.

This is completely astounding and just made me ask the question.

Is this really an engine issue or team/ coaching issue? To me it has to be the engine as I have never seen anything like this is about 10+ yrs in these sim Leagues.

Has anyone else experienced this much of a lopsided discrepancy in Home vs Away records?

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: There's No Place Like Home

Post by emplep7 »

I don't think its an engine thing, I think its just the fact that the West is in limbo right now and the East has more established rosters.

Phoenix would have a winning away record is Shaq wasn't injured. Sacramento is still young and Ryan is toying with the roster a lot. Denver is close to above 0.500, but Brett is also still putting the finishing touches on that roster. Houston is very talented, but Kyrus is still mad-scientisting it up and has had a lot of bad luck this year and GS is the only other team, but even last year I don't think they were above 0.500 on the road.

I would find it hard to believe that an engine could code in that a specific conference would do better on the road as opposed to just looking at the state of the league and how injuries have impacted certain rosters.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Appears age is a factor. Can’t win shit on the road with my 23 years average line up but pretty good at home. Same for other young teams like sac.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Those are interesting points, I haven't looked at the ages of these teams.

As far as SAC and Phoenix (among other teams) those numbers are staggering still to see these experienced GM's be 5-10 games under .500 on the road.

I don't recall an NBA season even being that skewed but admittedly haven't fully checked.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

i think its always been that way ..we usually have a good home record but suck away

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Dennis wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 pm Appears age is a factor. Can’t win shit on the road with my 23 years average line up but pretty good at home. Same for other young teams like sac.
100% agree.

I always thought that was the case in DDS3 too. and it makes sense. In the NBA younger teams struggle on the road. Seems normal to me.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

It's not the age as we are one of the youngest teams in the league. Our average age of the rotation players (top eight) is just 23.63 years old. It could be the experience as we have made minimal changes through the years, but my guess is that it is just a matter of talent and meshing together.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

mgtr81 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:06 pm It's not the age as we are one of the youngest teams in the league. Our average age of the rotation players (top eight) is just 23.63 years old. It could be the experience as we have made minimal changes through the years, but my guess is that it is just a matter of talent and meshing together.
That wouldn’t explain a different of 15-3 to 5-15 something. If it’s talent home Games would be lost as well. I actually think dds19 is so stupidly coded that you have random ups and downs coded in. Else I can’t explain why we have several teams moving between 50+ and 35 wins between seasons without many changes or injuries
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

mgtr81 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:06 pm It's not the age as we are one of the youngest teams in the league. Our average age of the rotation players (top eight) is just 23.63 years old. It could be the experience as we have made minimal changes through the years, but my guess is that it is just a matter of talent and meshing together.
Good to see you chime in as you and jestor seem to be og's and have the most experience with all of these sim engines and could possibly provide a different viewpoint.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Just eye-balling it, it doesnt look like age makes a difference.

an average team should be around 7-3 home 3-7 raod. The celtics are an average team in the east
expected rounghly 14-6 6-14
real 15-4 6-14
not far off expectations.

The best road team(pacers) are barely older than the celtics.

TheTwoWallaces
Senior Vice President

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

i have no idea why we're so good on the road other than that I think most of our road games have been in the West while we get battered at home against the SEC (Stupid Eastern Conference)
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Kispert | Martin
Johnson | McDaniels
Wiseman | Stewart | Petrusev

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:57 pm i have no idea why we're so good on the road other than that I think most of our road games have been in the West while we get battered at home against the SEC (Stupid Eastern Conference)
SEC ruins everything. Securities, FOOTBALL, and now the csl
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

TheTwoWallaces
Senior Vice President

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Faaaacts
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Kispert | Martin
Johnson | McDaniels