League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Bulls shipped Smart to the West

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Bulls shipped Smart to the West

Post by rh0xxy »

The Chicago Bulls have finally decided to throw the white towel on the ring floor? That seems to be where the Bulls are heading after dealing superstar Marcus Smart following a terrible team performance during the first quarter of the season. But when the press asked for GM Rhox explanations, it said otherwise.

"No, not really. The thing is we are trying to change the culture of relying too much on one player to win games, as if we are winning haha. The team has become too reliant on him since he has arrived here, most especially on the offensive side. And despite the career resurgence, the team has been performing far beyond what i had hoped."

This move could potentially work for the entire team at present and for the future regardless of the outcome from hereon. On one instance, it could fired up the remaining players on the team to stepped up since no one will command the ball anymore and give them enough opportunities to show their worth and win games as a team.

On the other hand, if the losing trend continues. They'll probably get a lottery pick to start a rebuild and work from there. They have compiled several picks this season already.

"It's a calculated move, I have to say. We have been discussing about it for several weeks now and the entire organization has the approval of it." said Head Coach Tim Duncan.

For the record, the Bulls have agreed to ship Marcus Smart to a title contending team out West in the Denver Nuggets. In return, the Bulls acquired spit fire point guard Jalen Brunson, 2027 1st round pick from Denver, 2028 1st round pick from Sacramento, and veteran Branden Dawson.

Smart will form a scary duo with another MVP contender, Jayson Tatum while Brunson might be on his way to be the focal point of offense for his new squad. Either way, it's an interesting scenario for both teams. Something to look for and watch around.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Bulls shipped Smart to the West

Post by emplep7 »

I don't have a big problem with this trade personally (maybe its because it makes you weaker in the near term), but I'm also a pretty big Brunson fan. Those first round picks won't be very good and I don't know what other offers you got, but either way you are picking up a ton of picks right now.

Looking forward to seeing the long term plan here.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

good pick stockpile .never know what you might get for them or trade up . not a fan of the brunson contract thou

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:04 pm I don't have a big problem with this trade personally (maybe its because it makes you weaker in the near term), but I'm also a pretty big Brunson fan. Those first round picks won't be very good and I don't know what other offers you got, but either way you are picking up a ton of picks right now.

Looking forward to seeing the long term plan here.
Jon, Rhoxx and long term? C'mon now lol
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson