League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Two Sides of the Same Coin

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

Two Sides of the Same Coin

Post by Ramcus »

In the 2025 CSL Season, the New York Knicks shutdown Nassir Little and Markelle Fultz halfway through the season, in preparation for two offseason trades. Unknown at the time, both Fultz and Little would be heading to New Orleans, in an attempt to revive both of their careers.

Nassir Little really struggled his first 2 CSL seasons, resulting in both the LA Lakers and the New York Knicks to trade him away at lesser value. He had reportedly repeatedly shot both teams out of multiple games over 2 seasons, and had severely worn out his welcome in both big market franchises. Markelle Fultz had a similar story coming out of New York as well, but didn't nearly struggle as much. Fultz just didn't have his spot on the roster anymore, as New York had brought in perennial all-star DePaula, and Fultz was just the odd man out. Coming out of New York, Nassir Little was acquired as TRADE INCENTIVE to dump Maodo Lo's contract, and was expected to be raw but with room to grow. Markelle Fultz was acquired as the main target in a trade with New Orleans' 1st Round Pick; that is to say Fultz was expected to play well(efficient, high volume, distrubutes) and Little was expected to struggle with inefficiency.

Just 17 games into the 2026 CSL Season and the storyline had shifted 180 degrees. Markelle Fultz, expected to be a high volume high efficiency shot creator, has struggled extremely to find his spot on the team's offense. Although receiving consistent playing time, Fultz has struggled to both find the right shots and hit on those shots.
If you take a look at Fultz's shot chart, it's pretty clear why he's been struggling. He's been operating too much in the mid range, taking tough twisting mid range jumpers when unnecessary. When we've asked Fultz to contribute with what he's good with, 3 point shooting, he's been capable, but kinda cold.
2025 CSL Season(NYK): 41 Games Played | 34.8 Minutes | 14.4p | 2.6r | 6.0a | 1.2s | 0.5b | 3.4to
5.1-11.8 FG 43.7% | 1.6-4.8 3FG 33.7% | 2.5-3.3 FT 75.2%

2026 CSL Season(NOP): 16 Games Played | 32.9 Minutes | 9.6p | 3.4r | 5.7a | 1.3s | 0.2b | 1.3to
3.6-9.9 FG 35.8% | 0.9-3.0 3FG 29.2% | 1.6-2.1 FT 73.5%

On the other end of things, Nassir "Mr. "I was supposed to be inefficient" " Little has been a seamless fit in the team in his 17 games this season. He's already matched his games played from his last season in New York and Los Angeles, and he's been a revelation in those 17 games. A straight upgrade from last season, Little's scoring efficiency has skyrocketed thanks to how much he's gotten better at handling the ball. In 17 games this season, Nassir Little has hit career highs across the board.
2025 CSL Season(NYK): 17 Games Played | 19.2 Minutes | 10.1p | 2.9r | 3.1a | 1.2s | 0.8b | 1.5to
3.6-10.1 FG 36.3% | 1.0-2.9 3FG 34% | 1.8-3.3 FT 53.6%

2026 CSL Season(NOP): 17 Games Played | 28.8 Minutes | 15.5p | 5.4r | 3.9a | 2.3s | 0.9b | 1.5to
6.1-12.6 FG 47.9% | 0.8-2.5 3FG 32.6% | 2.5-3.6 FT 69.4%

I just found it interesting that although both players were brought in each for a different purpose, they ended up doing what the other prospect was supposed to do. Nassir Little was brought in as a raw/inefficient prospect with room to grow, and instead is an efficient secondary scorer who doubles as a lockdown defender. Markelle Fultz was brought in as an experienced efficient 3-level scorer who could lead the team as it's star shot creator, and instead is inefficient and will take time to adjust. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Two Sides of the Same Coin

Post by Andrewu91 »

Regarding Little, it's not surprising he's playing to his ratings. I gave him a lot of preference work last year, and if I kept him, I would have made him my backup power forward. He reminds me of MKG a little. Where he should be playing in the post some with those handles and above average rebounding.
Whatever you are doing is working though.

Fultz will become effective if he plays more point guard. He did horrible for me at SG too.

With Zion, JJJ,.Little is way better than a backup.

And with GDP, Fultz wasn't needed.

Both are still nice prospects though and hopefully you win with them this year.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

That's where fit comes to play i guess. If the player perfectly fit with your style of play he would more likely perform at his best.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Those numbers for Fultz are pretty terrible. Guess it all evens out in the end and you find yourself at .500
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I liked both deals for you. They also made sense for NY where the clock ticks to get Zion to the finals every year. Both would have been just sitting on the bench.

Low risk high reward trades. Both are young and Little already shows signs of what he could be.
Fultz is still talented enough to establish his role at PG or SG. Not really sure where he fits better.