League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Can The Lakers turn it around?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

0-6 start injuries to Davis , bowman and Kennard have all put a delay on the success of the los Angeles lakers but the question is how much can they recover from this and where might they end up?

Stockton was eyeing a 40 win record but that now might not happen after a brutal schedule which is still going which The lakers playing Detroit next but then have Portland , New Orelans and Brooklyn Nets before going away to face Atlanta , New York and Suns .

The Positive side is all three players are back but a loss is expected vs Detroit , but Stockton called out his players after the game agianst philly ..giving each player a huge high five after scaring the 76ers and only losing by 6 points.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Re: Can The Lakers turn it around?

Post by Flaming Homer »

Tough start for sure and with so many competitive teams in the league it is not easy for younger teams to win!

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Thats a brutal schedule, but I'd be interested to see what you're running as Bagley is playing abnormally bad with low usage through this first stretch.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

emplep7 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:14 pm Thats a brutal schedule, but I'd be interested to see what you're running as Bagley is playing abnormally bad with low usage through this first stretch.
Yeah it was a terrible dc and bagley Sucked through it.. Now he's getting more

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

You could always ship Bagley to Dallas if you feel like it.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I think 40 wins is being too optimistic. The division is too hard and you're the 5th best team in the division. I think 30-35 wins would be my expectation but wouldn't be surprised if its in the 20s.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I think you can and will

I don't get the references to a brutal current schedule in the context of expected 40 win season. I mean, you will have to play Detroit and Phoenix and the likes at some stage anyway. No difference really when these games happen.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Use post focus, if you aren't already for Bagley
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Sharkn20 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:00 pm You could always ship Bagley to Dallas if you feel like it.
so you will ship doncic to la?

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Just keep plugging away and don't make any panic moves on small sample sizes. Your tough early schedule and injuries to key players matter. My team hasn't looked the same since Shaq went down. Even though we have depth, you can't replace what certain guys do. Likewise with Bowman and Kennard.

If there's one thing I know about this engine it's that it's full of streaks (both hot and cold). You'll heat up. Plus your core is young and you own your first this year. So if things do fall short of expectations, there will be that silver lining.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I'd do everything I could to try and make Bowman and Bagley work, whether that is adding more shooting around them at the other positions or trying different strats, I'm not sure but they are both cornerstone pieces and you have plenty of time to make it work. Like Doug said, worst comes to worse you add a lotto pick to your core and get a year of development with your young guys. Goodluck!
Ball is Life.