League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Atlanta Hawks – 2027 Season Preview

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Atlanta Hawks – 2027 Season Preview

Post by Flaming Homer »

Coming off an Eastern Conference Final loss against the Heat and a mostly quiet off-season it is hard to place this years Hawks team. Overall, the team played well last season and was finally able to get over round 2 in the playoffs but still fell short of the goal to win a championship.

Management had limited assets available to improve the team. Again, no draft picks to bring some younger players in.

Instead they tried to address the somewhat disappointing back court play and traded away front court depth in Zach Collins. Another reason for this move was of course the looming FA of Michael Young, who like expected, scored a nice contract for himself. The hawks could just not afford to pay both the big money and traded Zach for the young PG Colin Sexton.

In another smaller move the team traded for the veteran Jordan Clarkson who had a surprising good season for the Trailblazers.

Hope is that both can bolster the back court and maybe even move Derrick White more to SG or SF.

Surprisingly Michael Carter-Williams was still available late in FA and re-signed with the team a minimum contract. I was sure we would be not able to bring him back.

That brings the team to 12 players with just 50T $ below the hard cap. Not much flexibility going forward and once again it comes down if AD and OP have enough let in the tank to push this team to a playoff spot and hopefully some more.

Overall, I think we lost a step in the ever-improving East. With Detroit bringing in Jabari Parker they signal, that they are fully committed to close the gap to Miami. NY counts on internal growth of a already impressive performing team from last year.

Also the young top talent player in Philly are getting ready to play with the big boys.
Not to mention the upcoming Bucks and Nets, the revamped Raptors, the established vet teams in Chicago and Cleveland or the talent laden teams in Charlotte and Boston.

It will be again a tough fight to even get into the playoffs.

Player movement …
Atlanta out:
- Zach Collins
- Kawhi Leonard
- Sam Dekker
- Guerschon Yabusele
- Raul Neto
- Bonzie Colson

Atlanta in:
- Colin Sexton
- Jordan Clarkson
- Omari Spellman

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: Atlanta Hawks – 2027 Season Preview

Post by blackice »

We talked about it but I truly believe Sexton will be the difference for you this year and Clarkson is a quality combo guard who will bolsters your bench. If Porter/Davis can anchor the defense and still give you some offensive punch I think the guard play will be much improved and could really help this team get to the next step in its progression. I really like Young and the bench is pretty good as well, this should be a playoff team with the chance to make some noise in the playoffs. Goodluck!
Ball is Life.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

cant wait to see what sexton brings to your team

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I think depth is going to be an issue for you guys this season, but otherwise it should be another solid run-back season. Your defense is absolutely elite with Davis, Porter, Anderson, and Young. The addition of Colin Sexton keeps this team as a guaranteed playoff team. It's just a matter of making it through the 82 game season without dropping too many games.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

True, depth is indeed a bit of a concern. Injuries always can decide how a season goes and I hope we have enough player to step up when needed.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I don't see how depth as a concern at all. We would all like to be 15 deep and a starter as a backup everywhere, but that's unrealistic. If sexton goes down White can fill in, you have several solid wings and have solid enough bigs.

Barring a major injury, this team should make the playoffs 2nd in the southeast. My biggest concern is if they will score enough.
Last edited by OneNole on Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

You'll have no problem making a serious run again this year (although I'm hoping to be able to still land a top 2 seed this year) and I'm sure you have some other moves up your sleeves to add talent for this year before you might tear it all down.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

This team still has the most dominant big in CSL history and the most underrated player in CSL history. You put them together, and they got you far last year. This year, although a year older, I can't imagine you missing the playoffs. Maybe not a #2 seed but not the #8 seed either.

Good luck man
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

approved for scouting