League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Pacers at the Quarter Pole

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Vann_the_Red
General Manager

Pacers at the Quarter Pole

Post by Vann_the_Red »

Twenty-one games into the season, the Pacers are a hair below the pace I anticipated at 10-11. As expected, the strengths of the team have been overall depth, defense (6th in defensive rating, 7th in blocks), and rebounding (8th overall). Semi Ojeleye has been a rock, averaging 21.4/7.3/3.3 plus over a steal and nearly 2 blocks a game on 43.7/38.5/80.6 shooting. Jamal Murray is rebounding from an abysmal start and is averaging 23ppg over the past seven games realizing the inside outside balance central to the team.

So, how does this team get better? Jaxxon Hayes has been a defensive monster, but more offense is needed. Averaging fewer attempts per game than Isaiah Hartenstein gets up in over six less minutes per game is unacceptable. Tremont Waters needs to surpass wily vet Sinan Guler. In roughly even minutes, Guler has the advantage in free throw volume and efficiency, assists, and turnovers. It's close, and at some point Waters needs to take over.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Pacers at the Quarter Pole

Post by emplep7 »

IM honestly surprised Semi is still playing this well as I expected a step back in the transition, but he's clearly just a really good player. I've always liked Murray a lot so theres no surprise there, but did expect Hayes to do more offensively at this point in his career (although he still is super raw offensively).

You would be a playoff team if they started today and I expect you to make the play in tournament at minimum, but you do have some serious talent and could make a decent push depending on how your players develop.

Vann_the_Red
General Manager

Post by Vann_the_Red »

Thank you for the kind words.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

based on the talent this team has, I expected them near the top defensively, and they are! so good job there.

Think another perimeter shot creator would do Indy a lot of good. Maybe Waters can become that guy in the future?

Also I miss Davon Reed :(

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This team needs a Devonte Graham kinda scorer!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Vann_the_Red
General Manager

Post by Vann_the_Red »

I could definitely use an upgrade at 1, 2, or 3. Check out my trade block, y'all!

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I really like Semi (still) and Hayes and how he progresses.
Overall very solid play so far, but yeah an upgrade at guard/wing would help a lot.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

This is a solid team. The middle of the pack type team. Not good enough to win it all, but not bad enough to land a good draft pick.

I would keep anyone younger than 23 with potential and get the best value for the rest and rebuild(after this season).

If you don't want to do that, dangling around a few young players for win now pieces would help in the immediate future. A pass first point guard would help and another scoring 6th man.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Vann_the_Red
General Manager

Post by Vann_the_Red »

Thanks for the advice!