League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Eastern Conference Prediction

Write updates about your team or the league here.
rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Eastern Conference Prediction

Post by rh0xxy »

These are just plain prediction of mine. The engine switch may affect some rankings but i highly doubt it would be that huge.

1. Miami Heat - The #1 team last season is still intact so it'd take more than an engine switch to see them slip.

2. Boston Celtics - The reigning Champ has finally regained their bearings after a couple of disappointing season. They are off course expected to defend the title.

3. New York Knicks - Coming of a fresh 5-yr contract signing, Zion is again ready to carry the Knicks on his broad shoulders.

4. Milwaukee Bucks - The Bucks continues to climb the ladder and could be nearing the ultimate prize.

5. Detroit Pistons - The Pistons loses not one, but two of their prime players in the Off season but you just can't write them off just yet.

6. Brooklyn Nets - Another year older for Shai which makes him more dangerous. This could be the year he takes over the team.

7. Philadelphia 76ers - If the team decides to compete, expect them to be in the Playoffs, otherwise they fall.

8. Toronto Raptors - The Raptors takes the final ticket following their Playoff stint last season. They are deeper this season but no remarkable additions to go further.

Missing the Playoffs

9. Charlotte Hornets - The Hornets can make a big push with Stanley at the helm.
10. Chicago Bulls - I'm just being optimistic, i can't afford to be so low without my pick lol
11. Washington Wizards - As talented as they are, i think they are not ready just yet.
12. Orlando Magic - i like the changes with the team tbh, way to go..
13. Cleveland Cavaliers - Payton is old and gone so this is somehow a different team from now on and i'm not sure what to think
14. Indiana Pacers - With a new GM at the helm, expect a learning curve.
15. Atlanta Hawks - The rebuild continues..
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Vann_the_Red
General Manager

Re: Eastern Conference Prediction

Post by Vann_the_Red »

Fascinating post! I think we'll exceed that prediction, but level setting is a big part of a first season.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I feel like the Top 9 in the East is pretty clear-cut as outlined here, though the order is open to discussion. Of the 10-15 teams, Washington and Cleveland are the two wildcards who could surprise

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

here is my overview with some comments:

1) Miami - take the conference during the season as last year
2) Boston - Dennis can challenge Silo but he likes to suddenly surprise GMs in the playoffs
3) Milwaukee - same as Dennis. You never know what hidden gems are sitting there on the bench waiting to be resigned for cheap
4) Detroit - will always be there until Jon officially announces rebuild (and there is no reason to do that now)
5) Brooklyn - Ayton and SGA finally win the battle for best record in New York
6) NYK - Healthy Zion + JJJ means you get into playoffs by default
7) Philly - Marcos learned his lesson and will make sure he makes it. But can Philly take on the big boys in the East?
8) Washington - it's time for Gary to start getting some Ws. McL and Edwards are a dangerous combo.
9) Charlotte - Dylan can get this team to be much better but East is very tough
10) Toronto - they are pretty much the same but Was and Cha are improved so Toronto are on the bubble.
11) Orlando - retooled somewhat but don't see them making it in the tough East.
12) Indiana - not a bad team but a new GM is a question mark.
13) Cleveland - Anfernee Simons just signed for a super max. Enough said
14) Chicago - no need to do anything radical here. No pick this year but that should not stop you from continuing with the young core, even if it's a full year setback. Take it as a lesson learned to never trade 1sts
15) Atlanta - Homer is on the right track with the young and talented Hawks. Key is to focus on the youngsters and wins will come in time (not this season though)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

1) Boston - Champs and didn't downgrade much.

2)Miami- Silo always wins most games every year

3) Knicks - upgrade 6th man in Nunn and Collins as 3rd big.

4) Bucks -Didn't change much from last year. Still were behind the other 3

That's my top 4. 5-8

5) Philly - Plenty of depth and quality players

6) Detroit - They need their young players to improve a lot to make the playoffs. I think they can. Otherwise, lost two star players in off season.

7) Nets - SGA/DeAndre pair

8?)Hornets/Raptors - Both will right for the last seed.

10-15

10) Indiana - new gm and is looking to retool his roster. This is just a wild guess.

11) Cavs - They need their three young pieces Romeo Langford and Collins to show out. Smart gm so won't be last seed

12) Magic - young talent = wins

13) Washington - Slowly upgrading their roster and Edwards will have a great rookie season

14) Chicago - I need to visit this place sometime. I always wanted to go to Illinois

15) Atlanta - Another place I thought of traveling to
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Nice prediction thread thx for the thoughts on my team!

Looking forward to Jestor's more detailed version of an Eastern Conference Preview (if he was doing one).

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF J Isaac
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I'm always a believer in the champs belong on top unless some team can overcome them in next years playoffs.
With the engine in place it is harder to predict. Miami and NY should be right there again and for me Manu's team would be the last team I want to see in a playoff series :-)

Atlanta last ... not a good look, but yeah anything else would surprise me a lot.
No real talent there yet. The most we have is maybe hope that some may pan out long term.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I think detroit/miami/toronto will all lose a few wins from last season. Detroit has no offense/MIA wont win 66 again/Teams always overachieve when i own their pick, I dont own toronto's pick anymore.

Those wins should go to BOS/NY/BRK/PHI

IND could be dangerous if they get a PG, but running a squad without a strong PG is impossible in this engine.

WSH still sucks balls. Maybe next year.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Good stuff here, I don't think we are ready for playoffs yet, as our core is still very young. I think maybe next season is our chance, but we shall see.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Should be a fun season didn't lose anything on defense hopefully and added a lot of punch we missed last season.
Last edited by drumr on Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleveland Cavaliers

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

DET will be really interesting as they lost their two top scorers. Can Garland and Korkmaz pick up the scoring? If so, one or both could be an early candidate for MIP
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions