League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Orlando Sentinel: Magical Off Season

Write updates about your team or the league here.
wms02a
CEO

Re: The Orlando Sentinel: Magical Off Season

Post by wms02a »

Ramcus wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:39 am
WillyJakkz wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:35 pm Going into the 2029 season ideally would be a great move for Orlando as they also have expiring Pelicans C Mo Bamba on their radar as well.

C Mo Bamba

We will soon see what Orlando has up its sleeve!

This will do it for the Orlando Off-Season Edition as we await the transition! Thank you for reading!

Go Magic!
You can only have Mohamed Bamba if you're willing to pay the max contract. I've been planning for the upcoming offseason for at least 2 seasons now, all in preparation to resign Markkanen and Bamba to respectable deals while having some money to extend Reddish. I'll be damned if I lose Bamba to anything other than a max contract. And I don't have to tell you or anyone else that Mohamed Bamba isn't worth 4 Years 82mil.
There is no way you were planning for Little's contract?????

Next year in NOH:

- Fultz: $14.1MM
- Little: $16.6MM
- Markkanen: $18MM?
- Bamba: $15 - 16MM?
- Reddish: $10MM?
- $73MM for 5 players... if Reddish and Bamba were maxed than it would be closer to $80MM

very doable for next year but could be challenging on going years
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

wms02a wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:06 pm There is no way you were planning for Little's contract?????

Next year in NOH:

- Fultz: $14.1MM
- Little: $16.6MM
- Markkanen: $18MM?
- Bamba: $15 - 16MM?
- Reddish: $10MM?
- $73MM for 5 players... if Reddish and Bamba were maxed than it would be closer to $80MM

very doable for next year but could be challenging on going years
I did expect Nassir Little to get some max offers. Im not happy about paying him that max contract, but I definitely did plan around it. It is a bit disappointing though, having to pay that max. Might lead to him or Fultz being moved before their extensions are over, simply because I can't afford to run 4 max/near-maxes on 1 roster and still have enough to sign a bench.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

blackice wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:00 pm Really happy for you Willy, you finally have a really nice core to build around and I can see the investment paid off. The future is bright in Orlando! Goodluck.
Appreciate it! Just have to do my best to make the right decisions running the franchise like a real life franchise vs a game which can be a thin line because it is actually a game. Past seasons I've made decisions like a game trying to have fun going Twin Towers (still have Twin Towers actually) and other type of themes while work got hectic couldn't really keep up.

We'll see! Thanks

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams