League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Red Hawk down - Atlanta Season Preview

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Red Hawk down - Atlanta Season Preview

Post by Flaming Homer »

Finally, the rebuild of the Hawks arrived after thinking about for quite a while. Even if I still liked the team around AD/Smart/Porter I felt it was about time to start a new chapter. There was no real chance for the title, hell even making the playoffs in the East was not a sure thing with all key players getting a year older and no way to improve the roster.

So, I hope they will find success around the league and I ill not getting totally nuts in breaking losing records.

Obviously the first step to make this decision was to check out if there is a way I can trade for my pick for a price I think its fair. So as soon our playoffs ended in round 1, I contacted Ryan but waited mostly until his run ended … to make me wait of course in the finals.

But we were pretty quick on one page and I was looking for trades which could net the one or another pick for my vet player. Not easy in the CSL where it seems every player turning 30 is ready for retirement. Additional my first planned move including AD fell thru and I was re-thinking this decision a bit after that.

The most interesting part was definitely the talks about the Smart move, it went on for ever went all kind of directions and surprising every day … fun times haha
I just could not bail out of that one anymore after all this time and with him going to a team where can compete. So, I delayed the AD decision for later and pulled the trigger on Smart to start the rebuild. Luckily, also AD could switch team to a contender later during the FA period.

The trading was all fun and games but I did not really have the option to build anything decent yet and there is not too much to talk about this upcoming season. The expectations are literally zero, we will lose a lot of games for lack of talent alone. But we also have the chance to finally try some things out, without risking missing the playoffs.
We also have to finally scout much better to learn about the draft classes.

We got some useful vets back in the trades, especially Randle and Kennard should be on a better team, instead of watching our mostly 2nd rounders try to learn basketball.

Anyway, it will be a transition season just to get a feeling if there is any useful talent on the roster. During preseason players like Tre Jones, Lecque and Jemerrio Jones showed some signs to hopefully develop into useful role players but that was preseason.
What we mostly need, is some luck in the lottery in the upcoming years and hopefully add a franchise kind of player.

Should be a lot of fun … until its not 😊

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Re: Red Hawk down - Atlanta Season Preview

Post by rh0xxy »

We are in the same boat so I'm interested and will look silently as the season progresses. Patience is a virtue! Good luck on your rebuild, mate.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

when you getting your first back?

be patient man it takes time to rebuild at least u can try many options

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Quite a different team in Atlanta this year. Those in the East should be happy looking at your DC lol. It's one of those rosters where a guy like Kennard could end up averaging 20+ ppg this season.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

rh0xxy wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:29 am We are in the same boat so I'm interested and will look silently as the season progresses. Patience is a virtue! Good luck on your rebuild, mate.
Same to you buddy

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Kennard and Randle should have good seasons here indeed.
Somehow the AI cut Randle's minutes a lot in game 1 but with more minutes he can show if he has still some offense left.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Yea thank god Atlanta folded their hand. There are already 7 playoff locks in the East (NYK, BRK, BOS, PHI, DET, MIL, MIA). Atlanta's withdrawal opens up the final spot for a good fight between (most likely) IND, TOR, CHI, CLE, and CHA. Should be a fun season.

As for the Hawks, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those fighting teams came knocking for Randle or Kennard. For example, Charlotte's trade block says they'd consider trading a 1st round pick for a PF. Should be some deals out there.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Good luck with your rebuild. Just set a plan and be patient. Tre Jones was my target in the draft, so your first building block is a very solid one.
ImageImageImageImageImage

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Glad to see the Hawk's starting their rebuilding. I'm hoping to at least make the 8th seed in the East.
Ball is Life.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I know you were after this for a couple of years so its nice to see you finally go for a rebuild. Had some good runs, just couldn't win it all, but it's extremely tough to win in CSL. You'll be going at it once again in 3-4 seasons I'm sure.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns