League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

You're ful[tz] of sheit

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

You're ful[tz] of sheit

Post by Ramcus »

Following a rather disappointing sweep to the 1 seed in the West, the New Orleans Pelicans look back, on a new era-defining season. This was the very first season Lauri Markkanen had a true young core put around him, putting him in a place to contend. This team was aiming for the playoffs, and eventually they did get into the playoffs, despite the rather bumpy ride. Let's talk.

Nassir Little: Let's get the obvious out of the way. Nassir Little may not win the Most Improved Player award, but don't forget about Little, he played a massive role for New Orleans. Heading into his 3rd year, Little had already worn out his welcome on two other teams, and was looking for a fresh start to things. He was traded to New Orleans for a record-low value of just a newly signed Allen Crabbe, as New York no longer had a need for another ball handler. The trade to New Orleans would spell great things for Little though, as he was a seemless fit in coach Renard Grant's defensive scheme. Little, alongside a smart Guler addition and a quiet Jones addition, anchored a defense that wreaked havoc against opposing ball handlers. On offense, Little was a massive upgrade to other wing-sized ball handlers of GM Ramcus's past(James Young, Tyrone Wallace, etc.) being able to take opposing defenders off the dribble, scoring both through and around players. This is in stark contrast to his first two seasons in the league, when he often looked lost on the court. Almost like his pre-draft profile said he would be shockingly raw coming out of the draft. Renard Grant may be the brains of the defense, but Nassir Little makes it all happen. Come playoff time, when Markelle Fultz went down with a sprained finger, Little carried both the offensive and defensive load of the team. Although a fruitless endeavor by then, Little gave it his all on the court.

Markelle Fultz: Ah yes, the "enigma" that is Markelle Fultz. Let's recap. When Lauri Markkanen went down, Fultz was playing extremely poorly. Grant was getting Fultz to fit in on defense, play the scheme, but Fultz was ice cold on offense. Fultz was struggling heavily, inefficient from all around the floor. Interestingly, since then, Fultz has had a sort of mini revival on offense. His efficiency has gone up since then, across the board, while still filling in his defensive duties. Now, at the end of the season, Fultz has a big question to answer. Coming up to his first free agency, Fultz has the opportunity to do what he wants. Choose the team he wants to play for. Now, it's all up to Fultz.

I really like Sinan Guler, I really like Damian Jones. Two quality starters, who play their role to perfection.
Gary Harris, Devin Booker, Nikola Jokic, and Jusuf Nurkic all played their backup role to perfection.
Some less important stuff: Maodo Lo has another year on contract. I've still got rights to Dwayne Bacon and Bonzie Colson.

It should be a relatively quiet offseason for us. A new rookie, some quiet retooling of our bench, and Fultz returning on (hopefully)a team friendly deal. We've already set a good foundation, league-average defense with a specialty in turnovers/steals, and now we just need to build on the foundation.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: You're ful[tz] of sheit

Post by hardenwithnod »

Honestly this was quite a successful season for you as you didn't have Lauri at all. This season showed what some of your other pieces are capable of, and I think with the return of Lauri, this team will improve even more next season.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I agree with Gary. After Lauri went down I thought the chances to hold of Dallas (who had their own injury problems), Portland or the Lakers are not very good.
And the development of Little really helps!

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

You did a fantastic job getting the most out of Little and I think once Markkanen comes back healthy this is a team that could contend in the West depending on how things progress.
Ball is Life.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Yeah you got the upper hand value wise for Nassir Little. I still like Crabbe but if there was another 3/D available, I would trade Crabbe.

I'm hoping the Fultz trade works out for me in the long term. Like with you, he shows promise but then disappointing play. He's very inconsistent. I see why you might not match a max for him.

Your team played better than I thought, being so young. I consider this season a positive sign and hopefully you can get better this off season, for next season, when Luka will be waiting.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

With how many teams have cap and PGs still in short supply, I expect Fultz to see max offers. So you'll have a decision to make there.

Fantastic job reviving Little's career - I didn't see that happening at all.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Little showing the 3rd year endurance boost is really as important as ever in thi engine. He does still have to remain consistently efficient but the foundation is there, the path is set for him to rise to the top tier of two-way wings in the league, he’s very talented.

I like to see how good this team was even without a 25/10 guy in Lauri. Next season should, once again, point towards improvement for New Orleans. Not to mention you’ll have multiple 8-figure deals expiring after next season, so the financial situation is also pretty good. Allows you to match a Fultz max without any major problems if needed.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

From what I saw in the playoffs, it's a nice core going forward if you bring Fultz back.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027