League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Bucks back

Write updates about your team or the league here.
mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Bucks back

Post by mgtr81 »

Finally: that is the word most heard these days from basketball fans in Milwaukee. For the first time since the 2017-18 season, the Bucks are back in the CSL playoffs. After two winning seasons that were not enough to make it, last season by losing the tiebreaker for the final spot with the New York Knicks, Milwaukee is back in the postseason after winning 56 games. Ironically, the Bucks have lost again a tiebreaker this season to the Knicks, this time for home court advantage in the first round.

That eight-season drought finally gets to an end this year. Back then it was LeBron James, Greg Monroe and mid-season acquisition Kyle Lowry who led the team. And that 2018 offseason when was Lowry, as a free agent, decided to leave Milwaukee to join the Memphis Grizzlies, starting a long rebuild process for the Bucks. During the first six rebuilding years the Bucks won 24, 11, 11, 22, 22 and 28 games, respectively. That changed in the 2024-25 season when the team won 42 games, but that was not enough to make the playoffs. Last season they won 43 games, but not enough yet. This year, with 56 wins, the team is in. Not only that, but that is the best record ever for the Bucks in the CSL era, surpassing the 46 wins of that 2017-18 team.

This Bucks team has a total of 59 games of playoff experience among his 15 players, but only two of the main rotation players has been before in the postseason: Khris Middleton with 16 games and Mitchell Robinson with four playoff appearances. This means that the most likely scenario is an early playoff exit, as the postseason is a different story from the regular season. However, this experience will make the young Bucks stronger for the future. Taking into account that the average age of the team's core is just 23.6 years old, this team is probably going to contend for a decade.

Middleton is one of the few Bucks with some playoff experience.

It was a long rebuilding process and a patient one. Offers kept coming continuously for many of the team young up-and-coming players, but the Front Office was focused on following the plan and did not engage in trade talks for the core players. Also, most if not all of the Bucks core players were questioned at some point of their mostly young careers: Brandon Ingram was never the awesome stat filler many expected from a first overall pick; Troy Brown was questioned since being drafted; Wendell Carter fell to seventh overall in his draft class and was questioned early on on his career by the press; Daniel Gafford almost fell out of the lottery despite being probably the second most talented big man on his class; Ja Morant has not been the super scorer many hoped he was; Dikembe Dixson was almost without a team as Los Angeles Lakers needed a roster spot and found his way to Milwaukee; Middleton did not met others expectations from his high draft selection; Robinson was without a team when joining the Bucks.

But, as head coach Boris Diaw reminds everyone who asks, this is a team. And for the most part of the season, right until the final stretch, the Bucks were a Top 3 team in the league, finally finding themselves tied for the fourth best record in the CSL. Now it is time for the playoffs, and the Bucks will make their comeback at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks, against whom they have lost the tiebreaker two seasons in a row.
ImageImageImageImageImage

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Bucks back

Post by KW »

Kudos to you for being so patient building this team. It's a serious force now.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I continue to follow Middleton pretty much every time I look at html. It's great to see how he is helping Bucs to win games and a well deserved playoff spot. All the best in the first round and beyond
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Good luck. You have the upper hand the first 2 games, with my 2nd best player out. If I lose both, it's probably over.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Glad you got better manu . Hard being patient but you did it. Good luck in the playoffs

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Can I say... finally?? I've pegged the Bucks to make the playoffs the last few seasons but it never happened. Now you guys got fired out of cannon for 56 wins. Awesome stuff
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

KW wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:16 pm Kudos to you for being so patient building this team. It's a serious force now.
This!

Manu's Milwaukee project is the ultimate role model I hope I can follow when its time.
Having this kind of patience has all my respect and I hope I can muster at least half of it!

It is a very interesting rebuild and it is far from over, actually now it really starts for the near future. A few of your picks were definitely surprising at the times but time proved your were mostly right on point. Keep it up Manu and good luck.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

People have been giving you shit for years, but as always, you stay true to yourself, your vision, and your team, and it pays off in the long-term. The most patient GM in the league when it comes to roster building and team construction. I'm very curious to see how far you guys get in the playoffs.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

It's been a long time coming, but the team is finally back in the playoffs. Congrats on a successful season!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Great work Manu.

It has been a long burn but you could just about put this in the text book on how to rebuild. With the rapid trading nature of sim leagues, quick rebuilds are possible but this is the way most would have to do it otherwise.

Good to see you reaping the rewards and good luck in the playoffs.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Tbh you stayed the course, without being influenced to do anything else. Kudos to that.

But . . .

Unfortunately you ran into me and now I must take you out back and spank that little ass boy. If you have a big ass, well I'll spank that too.

Get ready without my 2nd best player, for a beating. I'll see Detroit round 2

bt

Post by bt »

Knicks are easy to gamplan against. It's just a matter of if Zion goes off or not. That can completely derail any gamplan haha so a 7 game series will be really interesting.
sacramento kings

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

bt wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:27 am Knicks are easy to gamplan against. It's just a matter of if Zion goes off or not. That can completely derail any gamplan haha so a 7 game series will be really interesting.
Oh really?

bt

Post by bt »

Yes
sacramento kings

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 am Tbh you stayed the course, without being influenced to do anything else. Kudos to that.

But . . .

Unfortunately you ran into me and now I must take you out back and spank that little ass boy. If you have a big ass, well I'll spank that too.

Hah you were doing so well that I knew something was going to give. Why talk trash to a GM that literally has never talked trash to anyone? Save being a heel for a GM who will bite.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:42 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 am Tbh you stayed the course, without being influenced to do anything else. Kudos to that.

But . . .

Hah you were doing so well that I knew something was going to give. Why talk trash to a GM that literally has never talked trash to anyone? Save being a heel for a GM who will bite.
Just trolling. CSL has been very boring lately. Do you blame me?! Lol

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

But . . .

i hope you choke against the bucks after saying that

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Stockton12 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:43 am

But . . .

i hope you choke against the bucks after saying that
Thanks friend. A little trash talk doesn't hurt anyone after all.