League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Lakers Season Review

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Lakers Season Review

Post by Stockton12 »

Lakers Season Review
Bowman is the lakers future and untradeable

What a season it was for the Los Angeles Lakers which started with a horror starting schedule which had the lakers facing most of ther toughest of top teams in the first 17 games and that meant the lakers starting the season going 1-16 with the only win coming vs the Brooklyn Nets.

Half way through the season the lakers then traded Marvin Bagley to the los Angeles clippers in a deal that got them Zach Collins and Rui and in that span the Lakers won 6 games straight and looked to have their season back on track.

Then came to the end of the season where the Lakers became red hot winning the last 9 of 10 games and going undefeated in April ( 7-0 ) and ending up with a record 36-46 with bowman torching teams including 47 points against the Spurs and 40 against the Utah Jazz.

Unfortuantly the Lakers missed out on the playoffs just !

Lets Talk About some of the players:

Ky Bowman

Future Superstar Bowman upped his scoring by 7.5ppg this year , increased his fg % , TS and eff and even made it to the All Star bench ! Bowman is forever a lakers as along as Stockton is around.
PPG:23.8
ASPG:6.1
TS: .587
EFF:20.4

Nicolo Melli

Finished his first season after being drafted by the lakers after they traded their first round pick to orlando for him at pick 10.
PPG:8.2
RBPG: 4.8
3PT: .411
FG% : .471

Metecan Birsen

First year after being picked at #9 but he strugged with his shooting but kept his spot starting at sf as the lakers wanted to give him more experience .
PPG:9.1
RBPG: 3.2
ASPG:2.0

The Future?

The lakers have their first round pick this year which after the huge winning streak jumped from 6th to maybe now 10th but with stocktons sleeping in tatics at lotto time only time will tell where the pick will land.

Jordan Clarkson has a team option and the lakers will almost certainly pick it up and bring him back for another year, Randle has player option and the lakers think he will pick it up as he is there best rebounder and become a huge expiring and valuable contract next year.

Kostas is a restricted free agent but question remain what kinda money will be thrown at him during free agency but the lakers will monitor that and see what happens. As for the rest of the players the Lakers will look to stand solid and keep them unless they get an upgrade and hopefully start a winning stretch next year!

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Lakers Season Review

Post by KW »

you definitely found something that worked there at the end of the season. Interested to see how you take that next step.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I think you did a phenomenal job this season and certainly set a clear direction for the team. The trade with Clippers was brilliant (for both teams) and really created an identity for the Lakers: its all about Ky on offense and Rui on defense. Only way is up
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I really liked the Hachimura trade for you guys, although Bagley is clearly an all-star caliber player it clearly wasn't working out with him. Now you have the single best offensive guard in the league with a future DPOY contender. I think you should go the New York Knicks-route ala get a 3rd shot creator and fill out the rest of the team with 3&D wings, as you guys have a fantastic foundation set. If you guys can keep Kostas on a decent contract, next season will be a direct upgrade to this season. The Pacific Division will have 5 playoff contenders next season.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

The Pacific is so nasty when the Lakers are playing well. Bowman had a great sophomore season progression becoming much more efficient on offense. He seems like a good building block for the offense of this team and Rui can help on D.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

CrownEliteUL wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:22 pm Think that was my first loss too, made me really study how to do shit after that… either way it looks like your team building via trade made you pretty efficient towards the end, seeing what you did with the knicks and how successful they are thanks to you, will make it interesting to see how you can build the lakers into a power house next…
Lol, that's not what you told me in messages..
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Very happy your team was finally playing up to his potential. The tough stretch at the beginning of the season was a set back but the talent is there and I'm curious to see who you can add during the draft! Good job Phil!

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I was right on the Bowman/Bagley pairing not working and you needed to get rid of one. I was wrong (this season anyway) on that it was Bowman who needed to go. Terrific run at the end of the season that had you just missing the playoffs. This offseason will be critical in determining your future.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

CrownEliteUL wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:53 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm
CrownEliteUL wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:22 pm Think that was my first loss too, made me really study how to do shit after that… either way it looks like your team building via trade made you pretty efficient towards the end, seeing what you did with the knicks and how successful they are thanks to you, will make it interesting to see how you can build the lakers into a power house next…
Lol, that's not what you told me in messages..
What messages are these? I have had you as a foe for months and you’re blocked on any other account I have…. Only messages I can think of are the pictures you sent me from your personal life issues? But I have had you off of text for a while if you didn’t know bud…
Okay... Shane. One of those drinking nights for you I guess.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

CrownEliteUL wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:51 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:23 am
CrownEliteUL wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:53 am

What messages are these? I have had you as a foe for months and you’re blocked on any other account I have…. Only messages I can think of are the pictures you sent me from your personal life issues? But I have had you off of text for a while if you didn’t know bud…
No, I don’t drink that often? And if I did it wouldn’t be on a Sunday….
It's okay Andrew gets mixed up often he told me bowman should be 6th man

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Stockton12 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:14 am
CrownEliteUL wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:51 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:23 am

No, I don’t drink that often? And if I did it wouldn’t be on a Sunday….
It's okay Andrew gets mixed up often he told me bowman should be 6th man
Haha but he should

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Your team was on fire towards the end of the season, nice job, as you guys almost made it into the playoffs after that horrendous start. This team is shaping up nicely, and things can only go up from here.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

I like Bowman but honestly, with that type of defense. He might put up 30 eventually, but give up 25 on the other end. He's best suited for a 6th man role, in this engine. Against lesser players he can pick on, and his defense shouldn't be as big of a deal.

I think Rui has been the glue guy for you. He's the perfect player for any starting 5. In the West, you won 35 games but that's in the West. I feel like you need a #1 type franchise player still.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I think Bowman is fine but if you're going to make him the main focus, you need to build the team around that and no better way to do that surround him with defenders and Rui is probably one of the best options you can find.

Good work Phil.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Solid foundation here with Bowman, Collins and Hachimura. I was checking stats and was surprised by Rui's low stop driving numbers, given he's playing at power forward at only 220 lbs with his steals rating. Maybe he played on the perimeter for the Clippers before the trade. That could explain those numbers. Anyway, a bright future for this team.
ImageImageImageImageImage

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Honestly I didn't see Bowman getting to this level and thought Bagley was the guy to build around but you did a good job surrounding Bowman with defense and I think you guys made a lot of progress in a short amount of him
Ball is Life.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Like everyone said, Bowman is an elite scorer, Rui an elite defender. I like to build teams around players who are elite at certain aspects and you already found two of them.

The team needs more talent, more scoring and more defense, but I strongly believe Birsen will develop into a solid starter and Melli will be able to add scoring punch off the bench in no time. Finding a starting SG and better bench pieces can spark the lakers into a western threat.

Kennard clearly isn’t working for you guys, so he might be on the move this offseason…
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Yeah, Kennard for some reason just didn't work out for you guys.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

hardenwithnod wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:39 pm Yeah, Kennard for some reason just didn't work out for you guys.
actually kennard got better at the end of the season

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

mgtr81 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:01 pm Solid foundation here with Bowman, Collins and Hachimura. I was checking stats and was surprised by Rui's low stop driving numbers, given he's playing at power forward at only 220 lbs with his steals rating. Maybe he played on the perimeter for the Clippers before the trade. That could explain those numbers. Anyway, a bright future for this team.
ill have to look into that thanks manu ..not sure what he played for at the clippers