League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Bulls headlines deadline, bids Bam goodbye

Write updates about your team or the league here.
rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Bulls headlines deadline, bids Bam goodbye

Post by rh0xxy »

The trade deadline ends fairly well for the Chicago Bulls at least in the mind of GM rh0xxy. The team has finalized two deals just before the trade deadline buzzer sounds.

Out: Traevon Jackson, Bam Adebayo, 2027 2nd GSW

In: Sam Thompson, Marquese Chriss, PJ Washington, 2027 1st SAC, 2027 2nd WAS

Arguably, the team with the most number of trades this season, the Bulls pulled another deal again with the Denver Nuggets, sending spitfire guard Traevon Jackson and a 2nd rounder this upcoming draft for the services of veteran defensive wingman Sam Thompson. A deal that will boost the defense in the wing position. Thompson is still under minimum contract until next season. That doesn't end there though.

In a sudden twist of events, Bam Adebayo found his way packing to the West as the team bid goodbye and shipped him to the Golden State Warriors for prolific forward, Marquese Chriss. Chicago also acquired young promising forward PJ Washington and another 1st and 2nd round pick this year.

Former GSWarrior's Marquese Chriss is now a Bull

Press statement of GM rh0xxy, following the deal;
"We've been testing the market for Bam for a while now and this offer came all of a sudden. We have numerous offers for him but ultimately this one stands out. I mean, we're getting a lot of assets in this deal. That's basically three 1st rounder in exchange of one. Chriss and Washington are former 1st round selections and still young. We're about to get another prospect with the SAC 1st. Adding to that is a early 2nd rounder in Wizards pick. I think that's enough price for Bam.

I actually like Bam and hate to see him go but the latest acquisition of Azubuike gives us another player who is also in the mold of Bam. We can't afford to have no shooting at all in the frontline as both are inside operators. With Chriss, we have the flexibility offensively and defensively because he is a dual type of a player. He has the ability to score in bunches and he is no slouch of a defender as well. He has also proven himself as a starter for the runner up champ last season.

Aside from Chriss, i'm also pleased with the addition of PJ Washington. An efficient power forward who plays defense as well. Hopefully he can fill the rebounding gap that will be left by Bam. As for the pick, we'll probably consolidate some of the picks to move up in the draft or trade for future picks as it's still unclear if we'll have roster room for all of it. It's a good problem to have nevertheless."
It was a constant revolving door for the Bulls Front Office indeed. The names just go in and out. Anthony Davis, Laurynas Birutis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Eric Bledsoe, Milos Teodosic, Cameron Payne, Sinan Guler, Dante Exum, Marcus Smart, Jordan Bell, Caleb Swanigan, and Bam Adebayo just to name a few.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Weber-Richards-Hifi
IR: Phills
2W: Houstan-Okeke

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Bulls headlines deadline, bids Bam goodbye

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think value wise you did just fine here, as I am a fan of Chriss and PJ. Curious to see if Bam will become a difference maker in the Warriors's playoff run, as I feel Bam is one of those bigs that got nerfed by the engine transition.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I will say Chriss played really well for the Warriors during their playoff run last year. His efficiency was awesome and he has a solid 2-way game (when he's hitting his shots). His regular season shooting numbers haven't been as great the past couple years, but he clearly has that capability. I think he's solid.

I like PJ's game too. very good rebounder and a solid defender. But as a pending Unrestricted FA, he comes with a lot of risk since you can't match. You'll have to anticipate his market and outbid other suitors.

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Chriss was great for us so I think you'll like him. He's a bit inconsistent but can drop 25 points some night. PJ can help on the boards a lot too with the loss of Bam.

For us, with Looney and Ellenson we could use Bam's size and rebounding at C with Metu or pair them together for a shutdown front court. As I mentioned before, Bam's contract length and term for us was very attractive as well.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Makes sense for both teams. I like the fit of Bam in GSW. I think they lacked a bit of a "real" big man.
With Looney, Chriss, Ellenson all productive but not really the one guy who can protect the basket.

For the Bulls it brings in a talented player in Chriss and some draft capital. Sounds good to me.