League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

One For Each - Deadline Deals

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

One For Each - Deadline Deals

Post by Marcos_Beck »

1. Atlanta Hawks - Backup floor general

Since dealing away Collin Sexton, Derrick White and Jordan Clarkson, Atlanta has been really thin on ball handlers, with Marcus Smart, a natural SG, handling PG duties. John Wall isn't capable of leading the offense anymore, so acquiring a more natural playmaker would greatly benefit Atlanta's ball movement and their number of assists, which have been really low the past couple of games.

2. Boston Celtics - Trade Skal Labissiere

Boston is finally back in playoff talks after winning 5 of their last 6, and they seem to have found success with the Hlinason - Whiteside duo down low. Labissiere's minutes are way down from the usual high 20s he used to get in his previous years as a Celtic, and with a 13.5M salary, this money could be better spent on more wing help and interior defense.

3. Brooklyn Nets - Some injury depth

Brooklyn is an elite team already, trailing only the Pistons in terms of record and with only one home loss so far. Yet, their team is really thin when it comes to capable rotation players, specially on the perimeter. They could part with their 2029 1st, or multiple second rounders, to bring in some veterans willing to add more depth come playoff time, as even the smallest of injuries could have a serious talent loss in their rotation, and postseason is long.

4. Charlotte Hornets - Trade Kris Dunn

It's tough to say that, but the Draymond Green move signalized one thing: the Hornets were not good enough to contend, and were willing to prepare for the future. With that in mind, next on the line should be guard Kris Dunn. Dunn has always had to share the rock with Young in Charlotte, but he could excel for a team that can give him more touches. The Hornets cashes in right before he turns 30 and has only one more season left on his deal.

5. Chicago Bulls - Trade a guard for more help at the forwards

Bulls' roster looks really different from the start of the season, when they had Smart and Exum at the wings. Now, they do have lots of talent at their backcourt, but both SF and PF spots are available for takers. Ideally, they'd move one of the guards for a more defensive oriented forward who could play both spots, although with Rhoxxy, nobody knows what's gonna happen.

6. Cleveland Cavaliers - Start the rebuild

Cleveland isn't good enough for the playoffs, but not bad enough to admit that or get a superstar in the draft. It's past time Elfrid Payton & co gets moved for picks, cap space and a chance of a better future. They have some intriguing talent, specially at backcourt, and lots of defenders for any contender to boost their roster for an extended playoff run, and with only John Collins as a true keeper, any future piece would be welcomed here.

7. Dallas Mavericks - Trade Killian Tillie

The Mavs are starting to build something around Luka, and already showed how much they value defense around their franchise star. Tillie, a former #7 overall pick, offers some defense, some rebounding and the ability to stretch the floor from a big spot, and could be useful for some teams' benches, while landing Dallas another asset for a player that doesn't seem to be part of their future plans.

8. Denver Nuggets - Trade Aaron Gordon

Denver really punted the season by trading Smart and not acquiring much immediate help, although it landed them some long term pieces around franchise cornerstone in Jayson Tatum. Gordon is currently starting at Center for them, but already 31, he isn't a long term solution. Trading him for a younger front court partner for Michael Young would be a wise move.

9. Detroit Pistons - Dont screw it up

Detroit is in such a good position right now, their best play would probably be skipping any deadline moves. Of course, they could add a bit more of defense, as it's extremely important during the playoffs and their team mostly relies on potent offensive players like Jabari Parker and SJJ, but the Pistons lead the league for a reason, and are true ring contenders right now.

10. Golden State Warriors - Upgrade the point

The Warriors are once again showing their trip to the finals was not by chance. Yet in order to become a top tier level roster, they have to find a better point guard than Coby White on both sides of the ball. The league is stronger this season, the West has Phoenix as a true powerhouse with their last move, and Golden State must do something so they are not left behind this year.

11. Houston Rockets - Trade Brooks / Abdur-Rahkman for defense

The Rockets are developing two identical players in Brooks and MAAR: guards who can really score the basket, specially from deep, but are really net negatives in terms of defense. Dealing one of them for defensive help, either on the perimeter or inside, would probably solve the future logjam for the position (with Malik Monk already being that kind of player) and help build a more balanced roster for the future.

12. Indiana Pacers - Decide the direction

Indiana has multiple ways to go, one of the most flexible rosters in the league. However, the Jae Crowder move, which costed them their first rounder this season, didn't move the needle for them. Either going strong at more talent or trading Crowder for some future help (assuming they lost the deal with Denver) would do good. Finding better backcourt players for next season should also be a priority right now, as the front court looks set for the future.

13. Los Angeles Clippers - Go strong while the West is wide open

With only one true elite team in the West (Phoenix), the Clippers should be looking to make moves to match up with them and position themselves for a chance at beating the Suns. From next season on, the West should only become tougher and tougher with many up and coming teams ready to strike, like the Kings and the Nuggets, so the time to strike and have a real shot at the finals should be now.

14. Los Angeles Lakers - Find a defensive SG

LA's move for Rui Hachimura gave them an elite defender to help overcome Ky Bowman's short-comes at that side of the court, but Ky is so bad defensively they need more. Having a defensive guard next to him while moving Kennard to the bench not only would let Bowman take care of the first unit's offense by himself but also have the other guard defend opponent's best perimeter player every night, giving Bowen the easiest matchup.

15. Memphis Grillzies - Trade for Tillie / Labissiere

Memphis could use help at the power forward, specially one who could shoot the ball. Those two names already appearing in that article should come at a reasonable price and should be very appealing to them, either as possible starters or future bench pieces. They would fit very nicely along Culver and Fernando as well.

16. Miami Heat - Get in better financial position

There problem isn't a GM who loves their roster more than Silogical does. However, the Heat are such in a bad financial position that it would make sense to address it right now rather than next offseason, in which they might have to make some forced moves and could even risk not having financial room to bring in their first round draft picks.

17. Milwaukee Bucks - Get some interior help off the bench

The Bucks have a really good roster right now, but they might need to add more power inside to beat the best, deepest teams in the East come playoff time. A big capable of making real impact off the bench and play both PF and C would do wonders for their rotation, and they have plenty of interesting wing pieces to trade for a big.

18. Minnesota Timberwolves - Find ways to acquire an alpha scorer

The Wolves are building something really nice for the future, but one question remains in the air: how are they exactly gonna find a true star scorer to lead their offense? Christ and Cam are good complementary pieces but a true leader will be needed in order to advance a level towards contention. Minnesota has to find a way to position themselves to find such player, either by draft, FA or trades.

19. New Orleans Pelicans - Find a true solution at SG

New Orleans has solid pieces at their disposal, and with the return of Lauri Markkanen next season plus a solid first round pick and better depth overall, they should be an improved team. However, they still have to find a true solution at SG. They could use a scorer, a shooter or even a defender there, but Harris, Lo, Booker and DiVicenzo are not enough to start for a good playoff team (even if they can be counted as good pieces off the bench).

20. New York Knicks - Acquire more scoring / defense from the wings

Zion is great. JJJ is good. DePaula does his job. But New York basically relies too much on them, and that's a receipt for postseason disaster. Ferguson, Crabbe, Simmons, none of those players will ever score 10 points per game, and more help for Zion and JJJ is needed, even if it's off the bench. New York also lacks a true stopper to stop the best perimeter scorers around the East, and their shooters can shoot well but doesn't do so in meaningful volume. The idea is to add offensively and defensively without taking the ball away from Zion's hands. Not easy, but doable.

21. Oklahoma City Thunder - Find diamonds in the rough

OKC is far from ready to compete for a playoff spot, but they hardly matters. Right now, their goal should be acquiring young players they can get for cheap and develop them into rotation players. Easier said than done, but there surely are some young dudes ready to blossom like Kevin Huerter has done this season. At this stage, finding a keeper is good enough for them.

22. Orlando Magic - Keep those d*** picks

Orlando is a mess right now. Andrew Wiggins has been with them since 2020 and never ever made postseason for the Magic. Porzingis has found his rhythm again but he'll be a UFA on a team that never wins games, this is a receipt for a disaster. Orland could do many things here, but the most important one is to KEEP THEIR PICKS. There will be a day Willy will admit that team hasn't been any good since Paul George left and will focus on developing young talent rather than trying to win with almost no talent.

23. Philadelphia 76ers - Trade Dante Exum

Kendrick Nunn was such a great move for the 76ers, helping spread the court and immediately making them a much better shooting team from deep. With that in mind, trading Exum for someone who can shoot better, or future pieces, comes right next into mind. Dante isn't going to find the shots he deserves playing on a perimeter oriented offense, and is too talented to be on any teams' bench. He's a top defensive option and regularly scores 20 PPG in the playoffs, but has to be in the right situation to do so. Philly just isn't.

24. Phoenix Suns - Improve at C

Phoenix already made a splash by trading for Draymond Green and that alone is enough to put themselves as the best team in the West. Unless other teams makes some strong contention moves, the Suns are expected to run away with their conference, so they are already in good shape. Yet, they could probably upgrade once more, this time at C. A better rebounder would do wonders for that roster, if the cost is right.

25. Portland TrailBlazers - Trade Nikola Mirotic

Making the playoffs shouldn't matter for the Blazers: they are in the middle of a rebuild, and have yet to find many young players who are going to stick around 3 years from now. Keeping Mirotic for the season might prove a terrible mistake, unless the offers are really, really bad. Adding a future asset for a player soon to be 31 and ready to depart Portland in the offseason should be the best decision for all parties involved.

26. Sacramento Kings - Acquire a secondary scorer

Sacramento's roster is extremely young and mostly undeveloped right now, so they are in no rush to anticipate their contending window. Yet, the Kings could use a veteran scorer to add more punch to a squad that relies so much on MPJ to get buckets. If there's some team willing to part with a good player for future assets, the Kings, who should be able to have two max deals this season, should jump on the opportunity and secure a player they already like while still going to the offseason with lots of cap room.

27. San Antonio Spurs - Trade Mudiay and Harrell

San Antonio has embraced a full rebuild. Some questionable moves were made, specially letting Reed, a player young enough to stick around for the rebuild, go. But they can't do anything other than look forward, and there are still two good trade pieces in the roster: Mudiay and Harrell. Both could contribute to contenders as good defensive pieces and have expiring deals for this summer, which should allow the team that acquires them to remain with salary flexibility.

28. Toronto Raptors - Acquire a true defensive SF

As good as Jonathan Isaac is, he's not a real small forward. Toronto currently has Isaac slotted as their starting SF, but with that poor combination of playmaking (or any ability to handle the rock on the perimeter, really) and good rebounding being underutilized, they would be better by trading one of Isaac or Swanigan for a true defender who can play at the wings.

29. Utah Jazz - Trade Joel Embiid

The Jazz are in a tough financial position right now, period. Shamet and Okobo, two of their youngest players, are about to get paid in RFA, and Utah can't pay ANY of them right now. The best path towards making room to bring back at least Shamet, who's doing great as a starter for them, is to trade Embiid for cap room. He's playing good basketball, but nothing close to what his salary suggests, and the Jazz could start Okafor and probably do better than now, anyway.

30. Washigton Wizards - Stay patient and find some keepers

Just like the Thunder, the Wizards are in early stages of a long rebuild. They don't have their pick this season, but Gary cannot let that affect the long term view: two or three extra wins aren't worthy upgrading the roster with short term additions. Focus instead in finding good young players unwanted in their current teams, and hope a change of scenery is enough to make them play well again. Then, you found a keeper for your rebuilding process!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: One For Each - Deadline Deals

Post by OneNole »

I think I agree on most of them. The one for my team, I agree but I also disagree. I will have close to two max slots available the following offseason, so trading Gordon would have to make sense.

Utah has to do something, anything.
Mirotic trade would have to make sense. The cap space has value, tim would have to determine what has more value. The cap space or the incoming "asset." Plenty people undervalue cap space in this league.

Whoever drafted tillie for the Mavs should be embarrassed. Such an awful pick with so many other very good players selected right after them. That team would have been set up so much right now had that pick not been wasted.

I agree clippers should make the all in move. If not they could repeat like charlotte. A team full of talent but never quite made the moves necessary to be elite. Now the clippers are far better than charlotte was but I still would not consider them elite.

I dont think Boston has to trade skal, they should, but they have so many valuable wi ngf s they need to move some for front court help
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

OneNole wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:22 pm I think I agree on most of them. The one for my team, I agree but I also disagree. I will have close to two max slots available the following offseason, so trading Gordon would have to make sense.

Utah has to do something, anything.
Mirotic trade would have to make sense. The cap space has value, tim would have to determine what has more value. The cap space or the incoming "asset." Plenty people undervalue cap space in this league.

Whoever drafted tillie for the Mavs should be embarrassed. Such an awful pick with so many other very good players selected right after them. That team would have been set up so much right now had that pick not been wasted.

I agree clippers should make the all in move. If not they could repeat like charlotte. A team full of talent but never quite made the moves necessary to be elite. Now the clippers are far better than charlotte was but I still would not consider them elite.

I dont think Boston has to trade skal, they should, but they have so many valuable wi ngf s they need to move some for front court help
Valid points
Of course for Gordon and Mirotic, it has to make sense. But a team like Boston who could use a valuable bench big, either a stretch one or a defensive one, could trade Skal or some wings for them. There are some teams who could use that extra big but are not willing to part with rotation players for them and I have no idea why.

Trading Skal for Boston would basically mean going another route. I believe even Dennis is tired of him, and having him off the bench at 14M when your starting lineup can improve at multiple spots is really not the best option. A new chapter could bring Boston a better starter and Skal a starting role somewhere he fits better..

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Actually skal is our best +/- player on the Tram right now 😂. Maybe I should just roll the line up he’s part of
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dennis wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 pm Actually skal is our best +/- player on the Tram right now 😂. Maybe I should just roll the line up he’s part of
Lol
If I had game and saw that, probably I’d change it then hahaha

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:55 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 pm Actually skal is our best +/- player on the Tram right now 😂. Maybe I should just roll the line up he’s part of
Lol
If I had game and saw that, probably I’d change it then hahaha
I saw it just yesterday evening as well haha. Maye time to trade bridges instead lol
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I laready traded evans to address my cap situation. Ill have enough for my rookies and could even trade for another pick or use the money on a vet min.

nunn was a low key good move, I wouldve moved fultz before nunn.

It pained me when toronto used a lottery pick for harkless. There had to be a better SF out there.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Silogical wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:35 pm I laready traded evans to address my cap situation. Ill have enough for my rookies and could even trade for another pick or use the money on a vet min.

nunn was a low key good move, I wouldve moved fultz before nunn.

It pained me when toronto used a lottery pick for harkless. There had to be a better SF out there.
That toronto pick trade was just a horrid trade altogether

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

love this and yes we have been trying to get a defensive sg for a while now ..kennard isnt cutting it

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Waiting to see more deals and hope this article can help everyone!!!

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Great article Marcos. Will go over it shortly.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:46 pmThe Bucks have a really good roster right now, but they might need to add more power inside to beat the best, deepest teams in the East come playoff time.
I thought we were one of them ... unless "the best" refers only to the top two ;) . Nice article and interesting to read. No deals on our plans, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

mgtr81 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:37 am
Marcos_Beck wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:46 pmThe Bucks have a really good roster right now, but they might need to add more power inside to beat the best, deepest teams in the East come playoff time.
I thought we were one of them ... unless "the best" refers only to the top two ;) . Nice article and interesting to read. No deals on our plans, though.
You really are among them, and I can see you winning it all, as your team is really, really strong. But come playoff time when everything really matters, one small injury to a team lacking depth is enough to be the difference between two top rosters. Being ready for the adversity is as important as adjustments during the playoffs, because over the course of 20-25 games, a lot will happen.

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Nice read. Very informative and helpful especially to those looking to make moves in preparation for the Playoffs. For us, we are still open on anything.

Rozier could help contending teams but have no problem keeping him.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

A Mirotic trade likely isn't happening. Which is fine - I'm perfectly okay with riding the cap space into FA.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Pretty dead on for what you said about us. Fultz isn't a shooting guard.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

I thought Orlando would read Trade The GM

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I don't expect much to happen on our side. We are not actively taking any trades at the moment
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:07 am I thought Orlando would read Trade The GM

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Have to catch up a lot.

The idea for Atlanta was spot on but we used all our trade power in the Smart deal and were bound even if I would have had time to look for deals. That is something to be addressed in the offseason.