League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Brian Schmitz Report: It's My Turner

Write updates about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

The Brian Schmitz Report: It's My Turner

Post by WillyJakkz »

*Article written in case I can scout more effectively this year but I may not be able to

FC Myles Turner

In a deal that sent GM Willyjakkz favorite F Robert Covington, the 2027 NYK 1st Rd Pick, and others to the Portland Trailblazers by way of the Sacramento Kings, the Orlando Magic acquire FC Myles Turner to bolster their lineup.

"The move was made primarily because we've had an eye on Turner who wasn't receiving playing time with the Kings. We feel he will be a very good asset moving forward in some capacity with his on the court performance here where he'll be sharing minutes with Festus Ezeli and Kristaps Porzingis", stated GM Willyjakkz.

He went on to say, "Ideally Myles will come in and provide a burst off the bench in offensive and defensive impact but it's more than likely he will have a starting role if that's what Van Gundy sees as a fit."

Turner who has had a minor role with the Kings after playing a more major role in Brooklyn seems to be excited about the chance to display his ability. "I come here with the expectation of being more pivotal and used much more than at my previous teams where there just wasn't anymore room for me. I'm excited to be given another opportunity to show I can still be a real player in this League and Orlando saw that in me and gave me another chance."

Although Turner was highly discussed in trade talks that would've sent him to another team and not Orlando, those deals never materialized into anything substantial although close.

Turner replied, "Well we'll just have to see what happens. I know it's a business and I'll be a Free Agent but right now I can't worry about that. I'm here with Milos who's a top assist guy and KP who is a nightmare to guard so hopefully I can take some pressure off those guys and bring some more Wins to the table."

Turner who is 28 years old and is in the final year of his contract will get to show if it's his Turn.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: The Brian Schmitz Report: It's My Turner

Post by Andrewu91 »

I would like Turner as my backup. Unfortunately the price was too high. :/
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

A good player for sure. He just was always a bit overpaid which made him hard to acquire.
Curious about his fit with Porki.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Yeah I'm glad it worked out the way it did as I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs on the team and as I figure out his role etc

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Very good option of the bench, massively overpaid, but if you bring him back at a better rate next season, around the same than Cheik Diallo, you got a keeper here as he can spot start too.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Sharkn20 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:22 pm Very good option of the bench, massively overpaid, but if you bring him back at a better rate next season, around the same than Cheik Diallo, you got a keeper here as he can spot start too.
Lol the consensus is practically everyone in this League is overpaid if they aren't stolen with a low-ball RFA offer that goes unmatched.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:36 pm
Sharkn20 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:22 pm Very good option of the bench, massively overpaid, but if you bring him back at a better rate next season, around the same than Cheik Diallo, you got a keeper here as he can spot start too.
Lol the consensus is practically everyone in this League is overpaid if they aren't stolen with a low-ball RFA offer that goes unmatched.
Lol is all about contract / efficiency per 36 ratio. You can find really telling numbers across the league that way.

The Moneyball mentality works very well in this game. And any other SIM game really.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

"Everyone" is overpaid because a lot of players are severely underpaid. That money has to go somewhere. Its the same in the NBA. The teams that collect the overpaid because that money has to go somewhere players dont win. The teams with stars on value contracts win.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Silogical wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:51 pm
"Everyone" is overpaid because a lot of players are severely underpaid. That money has to go somewhere. Its the same in the NBA. The teams that collect the overpaid because that money has to go somewhere players dont win. The teams with stars on value contracts win.
Value contracts are created here by teams signing RFA to underpaid offer sheets then said mother team GM "disappears" or another way is teams with capspace sign RFA's to underpaid offer sheets knowing they'll be matched if they max out the player in the first place so why offer a max thought process.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

WillyJakkz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:12 pm
Silogical wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:51 pm

Value contracts are created here by teams signing RFA to underpaid offer sheets then said mother team GM "disappears" or another way is teams with capspace sign RFA's to underpaid offer sheets knowing they'll be matched if they max out the player in the first place so why offer a max thought process.
That all makes value contracts even more valuable. The main reason behind value contracts is simply the "Max" If there was no max contracts would be significantly different. If there was no max teams would have no issue paying ayton 30-40m/year. Even at that price he's more valuable than a collection of Turners/Kennards/Allens totaling 30-40m/year.

rookie contracts also contribute. Luka is worth 30m+ right now but is making 5m. That 25m has to go somewhere.

Im not anti-max, removing the max could make the NBA worse, im not sure. Casual fans like super teams and dynasties.