League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Insider or Wiretap?

Moderators: KW, andrei

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Insider or Wiretap?

Post by KW »

Since this has become a point of confusion for quite a few people, and the previous guidelines are over 4 years old (about 8 seasons!!!), I'll write a new post about this.

Wiretap: A quick blurb about your team, the league as a whole, or a prospect. Somewhere in the ballpark of 200-350 words (or a couple paragraphs)

Insider: An article, ranking, podcast, visual, interview, stat, etc that takes a bit more effort. Articles should be 400+ words. Any other type of media that shows more than absolute bare minimum effort will get full insider points. Feel free to get as creative as your heart desires.

Couple points of note:

I've mentioned multiple times I'm not going to be a hard-ass about article length but I do want to encourage some amount of effort for Insider credit. Only if your article looks well short of the target word count will I even bother checking the word count. For example, If I check your word count and it has ~380 words, I'm going to let it slide.

Obvious filler text to bring up your word count will be ignored in the word count.

Copy pasting an article from wikipedia will not be accepted (yes, this has happened before)

I started writing "APPROVED FOR SCOUTING" in the article threads themselves this season because I'm about 90% sure at least one team was re-submitting the same articles multiple times for scouting points last season and I wasn't cross-checking all that stuff.

In most cases, if an article doesn't meet standards, I will simply have you re-submit the right kind of article.

Ramcus
CEO

Re: Insider or Wiretap?

Post by Ramcus »

I enjoy the "Approved for Scouting" comment, I always struggled with remembering which articles are submitted already.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

KW wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:51 pmCopy pasting an article from wikipedia will not be accepted (yes, this has happened before)
Was that rhoxxy? :lol:
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Rizzo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:52 pm
KW wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:51 pmCopy pasting an article from wikipedia will not be accepted (yes, this has happened before)
Was that rhoxxy? :lol:
Can't recall that lol
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke