League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

What the f**k is happening in the NBA right now

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Re: What the f**k is happening in the NBA right now

Post by Rizzo »

I wouldn't say he failed to get George and Butler. The Bulls were asking for an insane package from Boston because we had so many assets. Just because we have a treasure trove of draft picks and young, cost-controlled talent doesn't mean you get to demand it all from us. Doesn't work that way. On Paul George, if Indiana had waited for us to sign Gordon Hayward then a deal could have been made. That's on the Pacers being impatient and getting a bad deal because of it.

On this trade, I'm shocked that the Celtics and Ainge decided to trade Isaiah Thomas. They typically fall in love with their own guys - to a fault - and I thought they would live and die with IT. With Thomas publicly pining for a max deal next year, he's a 5'9" guard that has a seemingly lingering hip injury and not someone I want to give $30m+ to for the next five years. Crowder everyone shit on last year when it came to the trades we "failed" to close on for Butler and George because we wouldn't include Crowder. The general public was saying the Celtics were foolish to not part with Crowder for those guys because he's not that good. Now all of a sudden we trade him away and he's a great talent. I don't buy that.

Ante Zizic - I'm embarrassed to say that I actually believe he could be part of the rotation this year. The kid is so far away from being a legit NBA player it's scary.

The Brooklyn pick I hate to give up because the draft next season is so loaded. I would have much rather have given up the 2019 LAL/2020 SAC pick but it is what it is. You get these assets to flip them for superstars. Go back and look at what Ainge dealt away to get Isaiah Thomas and now what he started with became an elite player in Kyrie Irving.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I feel the Cavs will really win this deal if that pick turns into someone like Michael Porter Jr, or Marvin Bagley. As now they have a potential franchise player to replace Lebron if he does bail.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Celtics landed them a franchise player. Irving is about to "break out". They got the best player in the deal. Cavs got some decent players but Irving man... Watch out next season

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I'm probably in the minority here (and could be way off), but I am not a fan of NBA Kyrie. He's got talent, but he's no franchise guy imo. I think he just looked better playing next to LeBron (dude's advanced stats on the court without LeBron were awful to say the least). Very interesting trade though, I'll be interested to see how it plays out over the next few years.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

GreenBear wrote:I'm probably in the minority here (and could be way off), but I am not a fan of NBA Kyrie. He's got talent, but he's no franchise guy imo. I think he just looked better playing next to LeBron (dude's advanced stats on the court without LeBron were awful to say the least). Very interesting trade though, I'll be interested to see how it plays out over the next few years.
+1

He never made it to the playoffs before Lebron and now claim to be a franchise player.
Boston will be successful because they have intelligent players (Hayward, Horford) but I am afraid he breaks their team spirit
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

GreenBear wrote:I'm probably in the minority here (and could be way off), but I am not a fan of NBA Kyrie. He's got talent, but he's no franchise guy imo. I think he just looked better playing next to LeBron (dude's advanced stats on the court without LeBron were awful to say the least). Very interesting trade though, I'll be interested to see how it plays out over the next few years.
Yup, I'm not a fan of Kyrie at all. He'll get his, but the rest of the team may not live up to expectations

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

hardenwithnod wrote:I feel the Cavs will really win this deal if that pick turns into someone like Michael Porter Jr, or Marvin Bagley. As now they have a potential franchise player to replace Lebron if he does bail.
What everyone is forgetting is a lot of team have incentive to tank and Brooklyn does not, Brooklyn got better idc what anyone says
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Mattybriand wrote:
hardenwithnod wrote:I feel the Cavs will really win this deal if that pick turns into someone like Michael Porter Jr, or Marvin Bagley. As now they have a potential franchise player to replace Lebron if he does bail.
What everyone is forgetting is a lot of team have incentive to tank and Brooklyn does not, Brooklyn got better idc what anyone says
They lost their only average starter in Lopez. Russell + Lin aren't taking a team anywhere by themselves. They will be a bottom 5 team in the league

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

I think this trade could either way for Cleveland as it can be a complete homerun or bust. I can see it becoming a homerun if IT4's injury ends up not effecting him next season and we see little drop off from last year's productivity and brooklyn ends up struggling and the pick is a top 5 pick. It could be a bust if IT4's injury is either more serious than realized or he signs with another team next year and brooklyn does well because the east is not very this year and the pick ends up being a late lottery pick. They could be left with little from this trade if IT4 leaves, the pick is a bust and LBJ ends up leaving... Tough to truly judge at this point
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

I think that's what mainly drew them into this deal actually, IT4 being able to leave. They know LeBron is gone so they have a clean slate next year if they want it. The last thing they wanted to so was get locked in to deals on guys they weren't sure on. They're much better than last year. . .Kyrie is not going to lead a franchise by himself (still doesn't have to in Boston), they replace him with Thomas who is just as capable for what they need. Bigger heart and hustle too. Get deeper with Crowder and have D Rose instead of Dwill. Plus, youre kisding yourself of you think the Nets could even make the NCAA tournament with that roster. This pick is top 3 lock.
Clown.Show.League

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I like Kyrie - the stuff he can do on offense is unbelievable. Now is the time to show if he can take over a team. I think he can but we shall see.

Opening night on 18th October with Boston/Cavs and Houston/GSW starting from 1am until about 5.30am in Dublin. I already beeked a day off cause I'm gonna be up all night :)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Boston's defense will actually suffer a lot. One of their best players was Avery Bradley and he got dumped. Crowder wasn't really a defensive pest gl but he was very solid as well.
I insist, if you are to make such big moves and break that team spirit, go for the jackpot and compete as hard as you can.

Isaiah Butler Hayward Horford ???? Was their best shot at winning something.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns