League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

nba trade deadline

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

nba trade deadline

Post by Stockton12 »

your thoughts on the deals?

did houston give up to much?

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: nba trade deadline

Post by KW »

my quick takes on a few of the moves:

PHI/BRK: Harden for Simmons+ is the biggest win-win trade I've ever seen. Both teams get drastically better fits for their teams, and resolve the majority of their off-court concerns.

IND/SAC: This is where I'm in the minority but I think Sacramento did great. Both teams should be happy with what they did. Sabonis is a fantastic all-star level center who should immediately help the Kings. They're another move away from doing much as a team, but in a vacuum I like it. Hali is a nice young guard for a Pacers team starting over, so can't complain there either.

BOS/SAS: What the hell Boston lol... a nearly unprotected 1st, and a swap 6 years from now for a highly mediocre Derrick White?

POR stuff: They sold really really cheap on Powell/Covington, but got a GREAT return for McCollum. They should've sold off Nurkic too though, they'll lose him for nothing as a FA.

DAL/WAS: Porzingis for Bertans+Dinwiddie is a pretty braindead move for the Mavs... KP isn't overly valuable but those players are notably worse, Dinwiddie is a terrible fit with Luka, and the total money owed to those two is actually MORE than KP. Headscratcher, but great move for Washington.

CHA/WAS: Charlotte got a center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a great one, but Mason "Mr. 34 FT%" Plumlee was our starter all season, I'll take anything I can get for free

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Lame...
Bulls did nothing.......

76ers and Nets got what they wanted, which is great for them. But I feel for the Sixers who are going to have to pay Harden 55M when he's 37. Good luck with that.

Dallas / Washington deal was a really bad one for both IMO. KP wasnt cutting it in Dallas with Doncic, Washington comes in and try to pair him with Beal who's a lot like Doncic except a tier below........ And the Mavs get a really bad fit with Luka AND Brunson who's been amazing, and will pay more like Kyrus said. Bad management.

Spurs and Celtics did FANTASTIC. They win that deadline hands down. Celtics got Theiss back, White is a very good defender who should fit nicely along their stars and they got out of luxury tax. Spurs got like 2 or 3 firsts for players not named Jakob Poltl / Dejounte Murray. HOW?

I think this is it. Charlotte at least acquired a better C, even if defensively they'll continue to struggle hard. Don't think this will fix their issues, but it's a cheap upgrade. And the Pacers did very well by getting Haliburton and sending the Kings even further into NBA's treadmill.. Also, Buddy Hield is no slouch, maybe he just needed a change of scenery.

Suns got two good players for virtually nothing, specially Craig..... Watch out..
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Not a huge fan with what the Celtics did. It’s being spun as Theis’ contract gives them a valuable piece to make a trade for a 3rd guy to bring in next to Jaylen and Tatum, but I hate that he was the return for Schroeder. Would have rather done the DiVincenzo swap that was rumored. I don’t hate the Derrick White deal but how does he change this team in ways Marcus Smart doesn’t already?
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

That BKN/PHI deal is huge. I agree it helps both of them, but I thought maybe the 1st rounders were a little excessive. Getting a guy like Curry on Brooklyn with Harris out is big for them.

My Raps got Thad Young, who I feel like we've been after for a decade. He's older now, but a savvy vet who can help our bench. We still desperately need some guard help off the bench though, so maybe the buyout market will solve that.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

KW wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:54 am my quick takes on a few of the moves:

PHI/BRK: Harden for Simmons+ is the biggest win-win trade I've ever seen. Both teams get drastically better fits for their teams, and resolve the majority of their off-court concerns.

IND/SAC: This is where I'm in the minority but I think Sacramento did great. Both teams should be happy with what they did. Sabonis is a fantastic all-star level center who should immediately help the Kings. They're another move away from doing much as a team, but in a vacuum I like it. Hali is a nice young guard for a Pacers team starting over, so can't complain there either.

BOS/SAS: What the hell Boston lol... a nearly unprotected 1st, and a swap 6 years from now for a highly mediocre Derrick White?

POR stuff: They sold really really cheap on Powell/Covington, but got a GREAT return for McCollum. They should've sold off Nurkic too though, they'll lose him for nothing as a FA.

DAL/WAS: Porzingis for Bertans+Dinwiddie is a pretty braindead move for the Mavs... KP isn't overly valuable but those players are notably worse, Dinwiddie is a terrible fit with Luka, and the total money owed to those two is actually MORE than KP. Headscratcher, but great move for Washington.

CHA/WAS: Charlotte got a center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a great one, but Mason "Mr. 34 FT%" Plumlee was our starter all season, I'll take anything I can get for free
Interesting summary, appreciate the summary.
Ball is Life.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

The BRK/PHI deal really is going to come down to the primary pieces. How does Ben come back from this in any form? Does he try to prove the doubters wrong and develop some offensive presence (he doesnt really have to in BRK)? I still think in 2 years he forces he way to LA to take over for when LeBron is retired, but he's clearly soft.

For the Sixers, the 1st round picks are pretty worthless (2022 wont be a good one and the 2027 one is protected and will likley turn into two 2nds). Losing Curry hurts a bit because he was a good floor spacer, and Drummond was a very solid backup center to spell Embiid but they were both bench pieces and the buyout market should be able to replace them.

Which brings it down to Harden vs Simmons. If the Sixers win it all then its a no-brainer for them since they get a player who will play this year without wasting a career season from Jo. They also got to keep ALL of their young talent like Maxey, Thybulle, Joe, and Reed which is a huge plus since it has always been assummed they would have to be packaged. So they didnt mortgage their future in order to try and win right now.

Dame was my first priority for a Ben trade, but Harden was my number 2. I also lost a lot of respect for Dame with how much he really tries to push that he doesn't want to leave Portland. Good luck never winning anything with a team that just sold all of its talent and will never attract game changing FAs anyway so I hope he rots on that team now (even KG said after he retired that he wished he was traded to Boston years sooner after consistently saying he never wanted to be traded from MIN).

Either way, the East playoffs are going to be must-see TV now and I can't wait to see how it unfolds, but hopefully the Nets and Sixers meet in the playoffs.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

I am happy the Spurs are finally making it clear that they are rebuilding. I loved White but to bring back a 1st, a swap, and a possible asset in Langford.... im happy... they also traded thad young and got a first!
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions