League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Utah Jazz

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Utah Jazz

Post by Stockton12 »

I didn’t see this coming but 11 straight wins and sitting on top of the western conference and best record in the league . I hope they can keep this up go jazz!!!! Keep raining those 3’s

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Utah Jazz

Post by Dennis »

Ah post the Clown Show League jazz‘ are dreaming of
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah, they’re hot right now.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Mike Conley back to his old self.
Jordan Clarkson is legit.
Rudy Gobert is worth his contract to the Jazz, but still potentially not worth his contract on bigger markets.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I'd love nothing more than to see a team like Utah take down a powerhouse like the Lakers (fight me Lakers fans). Would be a huge win for all small market teams everywhere.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

The Jazz remind me of the 2015 Atlanta Hawks

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

then clarkson scores 40 ...crossing fingers for this season ..the jazz need a ring could it be this year

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

KW wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 pm I'd love nothing more than to see a team like Utah take down a powerhouse like the Lakers (fight me Lakers fans). Would be a huge win for all small market teams everywhere.
You gotta stop with this. The Lakers owners aren't billionaires and npt even close. State taxes take a majority of income. Markets are an illusion and if multi-billion valued owners can't be bothered to invest in their teams then I've never understood why fans care. Getting fans to buy into the idea of a salary cap between billionaires is ridiculous. Teams don't win when they make bad decisions for the most part. The Lakers paid Mosgov and Deng like idiots and spend 7 years as a bottom 5 team because of it. Jim Buss was not Jeanie nor Jerry. In the same city, Sterling never invested in the Clippers and they were the laughingstock of the league. Balmer has spent his own money on everything he can within the rules and now they're a destination. Lebron won in Cleveland when his owner decided to open the checkbook and upgrade every aspect of the team. Also in the same state Golden State went from spunky everymans team when they started shelling out money to financial juggernaut that footed the largest tax bill in league history.

Now if you wanna hate on the Lakers for their history of championships sure, but other teams are capable when they want to of investing. I'm happy for Utah on the merits of good basketball but them winning isn't gonna suddenly make an owner who doesn't want to spend money. If you want "small market" teams to flourish the problem is the league doesn't actually market them. Look at the NFL they'll turn the machine on for any team that wins. You rarely hear NFL fans discuss the cap the way NBA fans do or markets. Every fan base starts the season thinking they have a shot for the most part. Kansa City has been the premier destination. So it can be done.

Look at how many teams get national games. It's an intentional decision they've made to push the certain cities. There was a time the Spurs didn't get many national games even being in Texas. I'm not sure why the NBA does this. Lakers were still getting the max amount of games when we were a 10 win team. Why are the Knicks ever on TV? You don't really see the NFL doing that. They negociate contracts to control that and will blackout bad teams eventually.
Last edited by drumr on Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cleveland Cavaliers

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Clarkson represents, proud of you brother. 6MOY!
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Weber-Richards-Hifi
IR: Phills
2W: Houstan-Okeke

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

rh0xxy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:43 pm Clarkson represents, proud of you brother. 6MOY!
Allstar!
Cleveland Cavaliers

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah Clarkson was lights out that game as our bench couldn't compete with the production he was throwing out there. I was just happy to see Ben break out of his shell for once.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

crossing fingers ..now going to the clippers home court with a 2-0 lead and no conley for the last few games ..go Utah

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Go Jazz!!!
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)