League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Ball actions bug

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Ball actions bug

Post by mgtr81 »

Well, I finally found why the ball actions bug happens in every season changeover.

As most of you know, I run another league in DDSPB19. For the last two offseasons we have had this problem where some ball actions, specifically catch-and-shoot, has a negative value for some players. I've been doing a bit of research on my own and found the reason.

Good news: I know why it happens.
Bad news: it will happen in each season changeover.

It only happens to declining (old) players and happens both in DDS19 and DDS18 (I made the test). But it didn't happen in any of the versions prior to the ball actions introduction. And the reason is the following: the pass ball action being a secondary scoring rating.

When players get old and decline, most of their ratings decrease, specially the scoring rating. In these new versions of the game, not only the scoring rating needs to decrease but also the pass ball action needs to increase to effectively lower scoring. Since the six ball actions must add up to 100, increasing the pass ball action means the others need to decrease. If one of them is already at zero, the most likely scenario is that it will have a negative value after the ratings update in the season changeover.
ImageImageImageImageImage

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Ball actions bug

Post by KW »

This is what I assumed happened. Have they fixed it in 21? If not, that's definitely worth a Wolverine Studios forum post

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Re: Ball actions bug

Post by Flaming Homer »

Thanks Manu, that will make it easier to plan for the next off-season!!
I kind of doubt Wolverine fixed that, but have to check in 21.