League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Lineup Tracking

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Lineup Tracking

Post by bt »

This might be real simple and I completely missed it or am just looking in the wrong area but I'm confused about lineup tracking.

I haven't submitted a DC for a few sims so we've played at least 3-4 games with the same lineup with the starters being Cousins, Adams, Porter, Solomon and Nurkic. For certain these 5 guys start at least the first 4 minutes of each game so even if there were fouls, injuries, whatever, over those 3-4 games, these guys would have at least played those first 4 minutes (and probably more since they stay there most of the game).

In lineup tracking, I can't seem to find these 5 guys anywhere as if they've never been on the floor together. I clicked on the name which filters by PG then SG, etc, but that starting 5 does not exist anywhere. I haven't checked other teams but if this is correct, what a useless feature.

Is it possible that the game switches positions and logs them that way as there is an Adams, Cousins, Porter, Solomon, Nurkic lineup but I do remember running that earlier in the season so that should be there but the one I mentioned above... non-existent.

Anyone got any thoughts or know much about it or have I completely missed something really simple and it's right there and I've overlooked it?
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Lineup Tracking

Post by KW »

I think the tracker views Cousins/Adams/Porter/Solomon/Nurkic and Adams/Cousins/Porter/Solomon/Nurkic as the same lineup.

The lineup tracker has a lot of potential, but it's very very limited. I don't think it's very useful at the moment aside from knowing whether a 5-man lineup is a total failure.

For example I would love to know whether any lineup with Bender at SF and Winslow at PF is doing better than if they were flipped around. There's no way of knowing that for multiple reasons-

1) the issue you are bringing up,
2) each combination of PG/SG/C that is paired with them is listed separately, and
3) we can't copy-paste this info to excel in order to actually make the information useful

Also the "games played" total is inaccurate. That number just counts up every game after that lineup is introduced for the first time, whether or not those players play in a game or are even on the active roster.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Ah okay, thanks Biz.

I guess I get the '5 on the floor', etc but kind of makes tracking useless to see positional info, especially at point guard given how the game treats positions.

All good, will be careful using any of this information then.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I agree. It has only been useful for me ever since I ran rotations with only a couple different lineups per game. Used to make substitutions every 2 min

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I stopped looking into it sometime beginning of the season.
I had the feeling the MP doesn't add up, but never had time to really look into it.

Thanks Kyrus for the explanation, unfortunately that means indeed this nice tool is not really useful :-(