League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS19 Potential Bugs

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

DDS19 Potential Bugs

Post by emplep7 »

Please post anything you find here so that we can address them right away. I know some of you will (or have) found them, so share them to the league so we can improve on the bugs quickly.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Re: DDS19 Potential Bugs

Post by mgtr81 »

I don't have enough evidence yet, but I'm starting to guess the attack defense may be the FCP of this new engine. I'll keep you updated.
ImageImageImageImageImage

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

After sim 3: pre-season best records and defense they're using:

Pacers (12-3): Attack
Cavaliers (11-4): Attack
Jazz (11-4): Straight
Suns (11-4): Straight
Celtics (10-3): Attack
Hornets (10-3): Straight

Pre-season worst records:

Thunder (1-13): Straight
Pelicans (3-12): Straight
Bucks (3-11): Straight
Timberwolves (3-11): Switch
Grizzlies (3-11): Straight

Very early to conclude anything, but this should be tracked to avoid another FCP issue.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

I’ve only used Attack once — used straight and switch the first two sims and went 9-1
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:34 pm I’ve only used Attack once — used straight and switch the first two sims and went 9-1
Thanks. That's why this is going to be hard to track and is less meaningful. You have also played very few teams using attack defense.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Also used attack the first time. Before it was straight.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

mgtr81 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:36 pm
TheTwoWallaces wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:34 pm I’ve only used Attack once — used straight and switch the first two sims and went 9-1
Thanks. That's why this is going to be hard to track and is less meaningful. You have also played very few teams using attack defense.
I have been running Attack defense all three sims so far, to run teams off the 3-point line. I haven't noticed anything that wouldn't have happened last year defensively, except we're averaging a couple more turnovers forced (who isn't?) and that KAT is facing a lot of drives (7.1 per 36min) and is stopping 10% of them instead of 88%. Despite that, our bigs are still only allowing 0.7-0.8 PA/SF so I'm not really sure whether to be worried about the awful drive stopping.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

We will track these as we are expecting to find things like this along the way and are monitoring how the winning teams are strategizing.

Regardless, Indy being that good here is clearly a cheat and they are being investigated for steroid use as we speak.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

emplep7 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:39 pm Indy being that good here is clearly a cheat and they are being investigated for steroid use as we speak.
While all you fools were twiddling away in DDS3 Indiana was preparing to dominate the future!
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

emplep7 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:39 pm We will track these as we are expecting to find things like this along the way and are monitoring how the winning teams are strategizing.
Knowing how the DDS:PB game has developed over the years, I would say that this attack defense is going to have a very similar effect to FCP. I hope to be wrong, though.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I had "attack" only for the last sim and it was also our weakest showing. The D did not what I was looking for, to prevent the other teams to shoot this many 3's. Didn't work tho.
First 2 sims I went with straight and it seemed to work a little better. But too early to tell.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I don't think you're going to find any trends this early on. They could be coincidences or just how statistics generally play out. The FCP bug and all issues from other games were determined over years of a multiplayer league and seasons of simming.

Not sure there is much point to trying to put blanket rules over anything just yet. Unless extensive testing is done, which is impossible given the number of combinations when it comes to 30 humans going against each other, I'd say the same will occur here. We'll figure it out, if there is anything to figure out, but it'll all occur throughout time. That's just the way it is when converting a league.

Statistics, yes. You can identify trends and you don't need CSL specific rosters to do that. The steal/shot/block, whatever mechanic will have evolved from game to game and that's easy to apply a factor to if need be but strategy wise, there's just no point going too deep at the moment. It'll play out over time unfortunately.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

I have found one big bug in the season changeover in another MP league. After the season changeover, ball actions are changed and a lot of players have negative catch and shoot ratings with increasing numbers in other ball actions. I did import into PB19 the PB18 file and after importing everything was ok. But when finishing the season, after the awards when ratings and financials are updated, the ball actions were changed with those negative numbers. As a consequence, the draft crashes and cannot advance (I was testing the new draft class).

I posted in WS forums: https://www.wolverinestudios.com/board/ ... 83&t=31629

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I wonder if Gary even pays attention to the 19 engine since 20 is his new baby.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

I have contacted WS but no answer yet. Is anyone here who has faced this issue?

Another thing ... it is a extremely small sample size, but for the last few sims I have used the defensive matchups for the first game of each sim, putting my best defenders on certain players. I have seen no difference at all in the performance of the players I put my defenders on. So my question is, does anyone have any evidence that this matchups actually work?

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I have evidence that the matchups at least do take place. I’ve put PGs on centers, vice versa, and when playing the game out in 2D mode I can see my matchups happening. So whether or not they work, I don’t know, but they do happen

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Myles wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:13 am I have evidence that the matchups at least do take place. I’ve put PGs on centers, vice versa, and when playing the game out in 2D mode I can see my matchups happening. So whether or not they work, I don’t know, but they do happen
I've set matchups for Winslow 3 times this preseason and in all three games the player he was assigned to guard shot terribly, so I'm hopeful this actually works.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Offline test shows it has an effect. Postseason series in 10 tests (5 games top scorer against best defender, 5 against random defender) the top scorer shot in average 1.7% worse against my top defender

CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

In my offline tests floor range changes haven't been taken into account by the engine though until the season changed. Not sure if again only my file, but if the case it makes it more difficult to adjust players inseason. Tested it with a guard that was mainly ATB and Corner whom I changed to post only.

CSL Champions Image 2028

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

It seems it was already that bug in 18:

https://www.wolverinestudios.com/board/ ... 62&t=28772