League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS22 Testing/Bug Thread

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: DDS22 Testing/Bug Thread

Post by KW »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:56 pm I think I just installed the game somehow and uploaded my tem.

But my question is, why is this games depth chart layout very confusing, compared to 19. I liked it better when you could have a whole page with each quarter(1-4)

Any way to change it back to that layout or just stuck with the red and green "buttons."

And how do I make a player multi-position for example, SG/SF. I don't see that option.

Thanks
Each spot in the grid corresponds to a minute (column) that a player (row) plays a position (select PG/SG/SF/PF/C). It works the same way as the old one in terms of having a player at multiple positions, it's just all in one space now, and I honestly like it a lot more. just wish it was a bit bigger.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah, its much different for sure, but I also like it a lot better (especially for the sub matrix portion). I do agree that it would have been nice to make it a bit bigger though.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Yeah. Definitely different n will take some time to get used to
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:56 pm And how do I make a player multi-position for example, SG/SF. I don't see that option.
Click on the right part of the field with the player name. That will show a row on the bottom where you can set position and sub-out

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:56 pm I think I just installed the game somehow and uploaded my tem.

But my question is, why is this games depth chart layout very confusing, compared to 19. I liked it better when you could have a whole page with each quarter(1-4)

Any way to change it back to that layout or just stuck with the red and green "buttons."

And how do I make a player multi-position for example, SG/SF. I don't see that option.

Thanks
Click next to a player's name. It will open at the bottom of the page something where you can edit player's position and also when to sub him (energy)
I don't see any way to go back to the old layout, I guess it's just getting used to the new one.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Okay okay thanks guys haha
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Does anyone else want to post their record from when they have put in an export this season vs when they haven't? I'd love to see whether my ridiculous disparity is just luck or actually means something.

This season, Houston is 3-10 in the first game after I put in an export. A ridiculous 20-4 in all other games (i.e. the second game of a sim, or just not putting an export that game).

We've had long winning stretches by just setting the lineups once and then letting them run for a week or two.

It's starting to confirm a theory I've had for about a full season now - that continuity matters too much, and that any changes to your depth chart or game plan severely decreases your chances of winning your first game. And as your players get more and more reps in that rotation and game plan they play better.

It really sucks as a serial tinkerer who prior to last season probably puts in exports close to 90% of the time since I like to make adjustments based on the opponent. I'd love to know if this is only happening to my team (possibly something to do with coaches??) or if this is some bug/feature Gary coded into the game for some stupid reason.

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

KW wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:29 pm Does anyone else want to post their record from when they have put in an export this season vs when they haven't? I'd love to see whether my ridiculous disparity is just luck or actually means something.

This season, Houston is 3-10 in the first game after I put in an export. A ridiculous 20-4 in all other games (i.e. the second game of a sim, or just not putting an export that game).

We've had long winning stretches by just setting the lineups once and then letting them run for a week or two.

It's starting to confirm a theory I've had for about a full season now - that continuity matters too much, and that any changes to your depth chart or game plan severely decreases your chances of winning your first game. And as your players get more and more reps in that rotation and game plan they play better.

It really sucks as a serial tinkerer who prior to last season probably puts in exports close to 90% of the time since I like to make adjustments based on the opponent. I'd love to know if this is only happening to my team (possibly something to do with coaches??) or if this is some bug/feature Gary coded into the game for some stupid reason.
I believe Silo is putting in an export almost every sim and yet still won long stretches lol correct me if i'm wrong
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Tells me you are no good gameplanner, kyrus :lol:
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I don’t know if anyone else ever watched the Cosmos series (with Neil deGrasse Tyson), but in one of the episodes, it was brought up about how the Human brain is wired to look for patterns and trends. Sometimes it’s great and leads to breakthroughs. Other times it just leads you into seeing patterns that don’t actually exist. Honestly, I say this without judgement, because I’m probably as guilty of this as everyone else. While some of our theories about this engine might actually be accurate, I feel like most of them are just completely wrong.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:39 pm I don’t know if anyone else ever watched the Cosmos series (with Neil deGrasse Tyson), but in one of the episodes, it was brought up about how the Human brain is wired to look for patterns and trends. Sometimes it’s great and leads to breakthroughs. Other times it just leads you into seeing patterns that don’t actually exist. Honestly, I say this without judgement, because I’m probably as guilty of this as everyone else. While some of our theories about this engine might actually be accurate, I feel like most of them are just completely wrong.
Oh I completely agree it would be stupid to assume it actually works that way, just pointing out a pretty weird coincidence

We are up to 4-10 now

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Not in my case. I try to gameplan (and export) as much as I can. I see no patterns there. I think DDS has always been about matchups, and everything else, including strats, has little effect.
ImageImageImageImageImage