League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS22 Final File Updates (PLEASE READ)

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

DDS22 Final File Updates (PLEASE READ)

Post by emplep7 »

I want to take the time to thank you all again for being patient through this process as there has been a lot of great input from GMs behind the scenes to try to make this as seamless as possible (although I'm not sure I'm going to be here for the next transition).

The final file is upon us and we are really excited to get the Regular Season started!

With that said, we want to state the final changes to the file and some things to consider moving forward:

1. BLK Global Rating Decrease

We understand the feedback around not doing global changes and have always tended to do this in the past, so we have decided to perform the BLK rating decrease to ALL players using a similar tiered approach that we have for other ratings. 71 is the new high (as opposed to 70 before), but all players received a dock on their BLK rating in the updated file. This should remove the chance that the cutoff of 60 hurt those players who were at 60, but helped the players 59 and below and should make things more fair moving forward.

Reasoning: To make this more fair for the players that were right at the threshold for a decrease previously.

2. FG_RA Increase

I know we said we weren't going to make any changes, but we did make a subtle shift after some further testing to slightly increase FG_RA with the biggest tiered increases coming at the bottom of the league (and subsequently benefitting mostly guards).

Reasoning: When comparing our file to the DEFAULT file, every other shooting rating is within 5% on the high or low end on average (checked league wide and across each positional group) with the exception of FG_RA. Further testing proved that the DUNK Rate was not as strong as previous iterations of the game, which led to an increase (~5% on average) in FG_RA for players in our file. This should help modernize our ratings a bit from the previous engines and allow us to collect this data for future adjustments, if necessary, after this season.

3. Preference Changes

We will be allowing each GM up to five (5) full preference modifications (similar to pre-season) within the first two weeks of the Regular Season (new GMs will be able to make these changes within their first two weeks as a GM until the first season has concluded).

Everyone will still have the standard 20 preference changes throughout the season on top, but this will allow GMs to use what knowledge they gained through pre-season or testing to make wholesale changes to their players to start the season.

4. Weight Increases

We will allow each GM to provide weight changes (up to 20lb maximum) for up to five (5) players as well during the same time period as mentioned above. If you miss this within the first two weeks of the regular season you are out of luck.

5. Future Changes

We want this to work and be perfect just like the rest of you and appreciate all of the input from the veteran GMs who have reached out to provide constructive solutions during this time and really do thank you all who have done that.

With that in mind, we are reserving the right to make adjustments in between seasons as necessary based on what is being observed in the league after each full season. We don't think we will need to make massive changes, but slight tweaks here and there might be needed once all 30 GMs give it their best to try and find the next game-breaking bug.

If you ever have suggestions throughout the season, please send them to Andre and myself and we will look into and test these changes as the season comes to a close.

Thank you all again for your patience, I can't say that enough and I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited (I know Dennis and Gary are) to get this season started and try this engine out!

Thanks!
The Admin Team

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Re: DDS22 Final File Updates (PLEASE READ)

Post by Silogical »

I like all this except for FG-RA buff. I thought shooting might make a comeback but it looks like post play will be too strong for anyone to want to shoot.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Thanks for the hard work! I really do! I am joking around a lot of times, hope yall realize that. I am honestly not frustrated by you guys, as you guys are doing your best to make this transition as smooth as possible. I am just annoyed by Gary the developer since he always say he tries to make the game more in tunes with the modern game, but then he does the opposite. Also after reading some of his replies on the WS forums, it irked me at how stubborn he can be lol.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Amazing work right there, Jon and Andre. I’m extremely excited to try this engine out as well! It looks promising and much harder to find ways to break it, finally.

It seems like we’re going to play basketball now, instead of NBA Jam where players got to the paint and dunked it all the time
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Excellent work as always guys!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Great work and I am happy that we are moving closer to more reasonable start rather. Marcos said it right with NBA Jam that we had with DDS19

So for weight increase - there is an assumption that it affects big guys which is reasonable - but what about guards? Is the idea that driving guards will benefit from a few extra lbs?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Fair enough. Thanks for all the hard work, admin team! Can't say that I love all the changes, but it is what it is, and it'll be a good challenge for me to adapt to the new engine with my current squad. Above all else, I am still excited for the new season.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Thanks to the admin team, this took a tremendous amount of work and hours I imagine so thank you guys, truly.
Ball is Life.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

andrei wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:31 pm Great work and I am happy that we are moving closer to more reasonable start rather. Marcos said it right with NBA Jam that we had with DDS19

So for weight increase - there is an assumption that it affects big guys which is reasonable - but what about guards? Is the idea that driving guards will benefit from a few extra lbs?
There might be a slight benefit to percentages when driving into the post with increased weight, but their STP percentages will also see a dip as well so you need to balance the offense vs defense for guards where thats less of a concern for big men.

Vann_the_Red
General Manager

Post by Vann_the_Red »

Many thanks to the admin team for the work!

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Can we give an extra day to start the league? First SIM on the 12th?

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Great stuff! I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing in this engine lol
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Thanks for all the work. Let's get it on!
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

Appreciate all the hard work and adjustments to get us to the point. Really cool we have so many workarounds to fix commonly held problems.
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Thanks for all the hard work, it's really appreciated.
ImageImageImageImageImage

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Great stuff guys, much appreciated.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Yeah I ain't the lovey dovey type, but I see all the hard work being done the past few weeks and I appreciate it. Thanks
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

emplep7 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:15 pm 3. Preference Changes

We will be allowing each GM up to five (5) full preference modifications (similar to pre-season) within the first two weeks of the Regular Season (new GMs will be able to make these changes within their first two weeks as a GM until the first season has concluded).
Just to avoid any confusion, we have time until Sim #10, right?

Thanks in advance.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Since we started the season at the 11th we will instruct the Simmer to process the last preference modifications at Thursday 25th of August.
I think that would be right before Sim #11.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Flaming Homer wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:06 pm Since we started the season at the 11th we will instruct the Simmer to process the last preference modifications at Thursday 25th of August.
I think that would be right before Sim #11.
Understood. Thanks.