League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

League Conduct Policy

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

League Conduct Policy

Post by emplep7 »

Due to recent events and feedback from several GMs (all of whom were not involved in the thread in question) around recent comments made on the forums, the League Conduct Policy will be revised within the CBA effective immediately:

League Conduct Policy
1. While competition is expected and promoted within the league, it is a general expectation of GMs within the league that communication between GMs will be respectful (this includes both on the forums and within PMs). If comments by GMs become personal in nature (i.e., attacking the way a GM talks, writes, their background, family, etc), that GM will be immediately subject to the following disciplinary actions (without warning):

- First Offense: Immediate 48 hour ban from the forums
- Second Offense: Permanent Removal from the League

If the offense is severe enough, the Admin team reserves the right to bypass the first offense penalty and go directly to permanent removal from the league.

Additionally, since the Admin team does not see every post within the forums - if another GM sees something that they observe as a personal attack of another GM (or themselves), please report the post using the following button (see below) on the applicable post. This will bring this to the Admin teams attention to review against this policy.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: League Conduct Policy

Post by emplep7 »

This will be effective moving forward and will not be applied to any posts made prior to this announcement. We will consider this a fresh start for the league.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Great decision.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

To say it beforehand. Incorrect reporting should be „punished“ as well. What are we doing against false accusations like the one by Dallas this week? If someone tries to let someone else look bad due to a different opinion and tries to steer something up by making something up, we can report as well?

In a nutshell, I’m not sensitive at all and honestly don’t care at all. But it sounds a lot like a kindergarden rule. I think so far it worked really well in most cases but people need to just be able to handle different opinions.

Personal attacks shouldn’t happen but so far only happened if one certain gm in the league was throwing personal punches as the answers got personal as well. So no big thing if that gm doesn’t do it anymore.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Thank you for that!

From a guy that left the league a while ago because of that issue, this is very much appreciated

This is a sim league and should be treated like one. We don’t know each other personally.
Let’s have fun and keep it respectful and CSL related only!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:39 am Thank you for that!

From a guy that left the Clippers a while ago ... keep it respectful and CSL related only!
Ball is Life.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

seems like a good move and overdue

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Good move, we see too many attacks passed off as an opinion and these opinions are usually always negative with positive opinions on the rare side... not to mention those that think it's fun to talk shit about offers they receive in public.

For a place where people come to have fun, and we all have fun in different ways when it comes to sim leagues (some want to win, some trade, some just want to talk), not everyone needs to 'harden up or suck it up' to enjoy something away from the grind of real life.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Good decision.

The fun had to stop eventually I guess. R.I.P. to the ClownShowLeague. 2015-2022
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I think it's sad this policy had to be enacted. Things will be quiet for a little while, but I unfortunately have little doubt this policy will continue to be tested until someone actually gets the boot.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

New policy: if a GM doesn’t make a trade for the season, then he’s getting a beat down.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

bt wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:27 am Good move, we see too many attacks passed off as an opinion and these opinions are usually always negative with positive opinions on the rare side... not to mention those that think it's fun to talk shit about offers they receive in public.

For a place where people come to have fun, and we all have fun in different ways when it comes to sim leagues (some want to win, some trade, some just want to talk), not everyone needs to 'harden up or suck it up' to enjoy something away from the grind of real life.
I agree! Like you and your friends Andrew & co trying to push everybody to see keldon Johnson at PF for some minutes as a cheat code. Hence, I fully agree on that not all opinions are opinions. Good that you emphasise that!

Regarding offers. I see that like media stuff. In reallife you have offers getting out to public as well. If you are afraid of an offer getting publish you offered something so bad that you know it was really bad. Else you wouldn’t care.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:57 am
bt wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:27 am Good move, we see too many attacks passed off as an opinion and these opinions are usually always negative with positive opinions on the rare side... not to mention those that think it's fun to talk shit about offers they receive in public.

I agree! Like you and your friends Andrew & co trying to push everybody to see keldon Johnson at PF for some minutes as a cheat code. Hence, I fully agree on that not all opinions are opinions. Good that you emphasise that!

Regarding offers. I see that like media stuff. In reallife you have offers getting out to public as well. If you are afraid of an offer getting publish you offered something so bad that you know it was really bad. Else you wouldn’t care.
Opinions are just that, opinions. Positive or negative, freedom of speech to express your beliefs is completely fine. The reaction is how that kind of opinion gets out of hand.

Example: Keldon shut down SJJ last game and had a great game.
Tonight, he was benched and couldn't do the same. My opinion he was being benched, so "cheat code" can't be exploited again.

Now the reaction is how this goes. We can have a nice civil response, or someone can get bent out of shape on the subject.

Just my analysis how things tend to get out of hand.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

You can say that he has no business being there (at PF). But adding cheat code is an accusation someone is actively trying to do something shady without the emphasis on a player being used a way you think it shouldn’t happen. And we both know that’s your goal man.

Also it is when someone says „I agree with Andrew“, like bt did right after the cheat code gate post of you.

So feel free to let others know that you think it’s a problem. However, don’t call it cheating - as it’s not and you just try to get something else running by that.

I honestly don’t care much if you do that. Also regarding cheating. But I hate when certain gms always try to act like they are the nice guys but they are actually not just because their attacks are not too obvious or a bit hidden behind phrasing. Not talking about you Andrew. Your attacks are always crystal clear lol.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:24 am You can say that he has no business being there (at PF). But adding cheat code is an accusation someone is actively trying to do something shady without the emphasis on a player being used a way you think it shouldn’t happen. And we both know that’s your goal man.

Also it is when someone says „I agree with Andrew“, like bt did right after the cheat code gate post of you.

So feel free to let others know that you think it’s a problem. However, don’t call it cheating - as it’s not and you just try to get something else running by that.

I honestly don’t care much if you do that. Also regarding cheating. But I hate when certain gms always try to act like they are the nice guys but they are actually not just because their attacks are not too obvious or a bit hidden behind phrasing. Not talking about you Andrew. Your attacks are always crystal clear lol.
Regarding "cheat code" scandal.

All I was implying was, he is way too small with no rebounding. So he shouldn't be playing power forward.
In my mind, he is. So, he has an advantage in some games. And cheat code is regarding that. I never personally said you are cheating.

But the reaction was: "My life isn't a sim league, like yours".

That's all I meant from it. It was actually kind of fun looking at Boston's box score and see if my theory came true or not. Haha

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Seems like different ways to see it. But yes, I will report you for everything little. Even if you use cheating. No matter if you target me or anyone else. So let’s see it as a fresh start and keep in mind thst im reading all of your and your crews (bt and co) comments. I won’t post in here anymore but will read everything. Just to let you know beforehand :P.

CSL Champions Image 2028

bt

Post by bt »

Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:57 am

Andrew my friend? Haha, Andrew and I definitely don't see eye to eye and I may not have worded it well but I was mainly talking about small players in the post hoping the game would hurt them. Nothing about cheat codes or anything like that... and it really hurt me to agree with him :lol:
bt wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:58 pm I hate to agree with Andrew but Johnson has no business being in the post with those rebounding ratings and you would hope the game would punish that with another big hammering him.
and the published offers only ever come out when you guys are 'giving your opinions' about something. It's used as an attack and only ever incites this kind of shit even more .. "just because I didn't trade you so and so for so and so", etc ..
sacramento kings

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Yeah you are very smart in the way you formulate stuff to leave space open for interpretation. You are a super smart person, so Im super sure you do that on purpose. In this case for example you let andrew do the dirty work letting him tell "its a cheat code", so that you afterwrads can say "I agree with andrew". If someone brings it up you can just say "I was talking about the small body in the paint" but if someone just reads it and no one challenges it you know exactly that others think you have been agreeing on the cheat code statements. That's exactly what I meant with smart GMs that play the nice guy role but exactly know how steer things with "more hidden" attacks / smarter used words.

But, for all of us a restart. Andrew just offered a fresh start via PN (I hope its fine to share), so it's all good for me and we can restart. Huge respect for him reaching out btw(!). Dude might not become my best buddy in here, but he definitely deserves a chance and fully believe he can be a guy I can get along nicely with.

PS: just because we are talking non personal attack levels doesnt mean we wont have a good competition going on though. I expect some payback from him during the playoffs for the regular season results :P
Last edited by Dennis on Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

CSL Champions Image 2028

bt

Post by bt »

Nah not really. Didn't even know who he was or his ratings until I read his post but whatever keeps you keen :D
sacramento kings

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

bt wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:35 am Nah not really. Didn't even know who he was or his ratings until I read his post but whatever keeps you keen :D
That's fine. Just making clear with the example that I agree on your statement about "opinions". It was a "coincidence" the best example for it was one by you.

CSL Champions Image 2028