League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Team Rumor Thread

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Re: Team Rumor Thread

Post by orangeparka »

hardenwithnod wrote:Curious to see who are you getting for those assets, as it seems like they've been in talks for a while now.
You can PM me for the offer to beat if you’re interested.

No deal that I like 100% yet - never like settling on any deal especially if it’s for assets I don’t mind keeping (Beal, CHA 1st, etc.)
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)

HiGrade
General Manager

Post by HiGrade »

INDIANA ACTIVELY SHOPPING UNTOUCHABLE?
Unknown sources have leaked intel that the Pacers have been actively shopping one of their "untouchables" in 22-year old George DePaula. Reports are that despite DePaula being 3rd in the league in assists per game, he doesn't fit in the scheme the Pacers are hoping to eventually run. DePaula is currently averaging 14.7PPG, 7.3APG, 5.1RPG while shooting 45% from the floor. The pass-first guard has another 6 years before he even reaches his prime, so it remains to be seen how good he will truly become. Indiana has made it clear they have no problems keeping him on the team, but if an offer comes along for the lockdown defender they crave, we could be seeing quite a blockbuster trade prior to the deadline.
In need of a home

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Chicago Looking For More.

With two deals already agreed in these first days of offseason, the Bulls are trying to get a better look at their next season’s roster much earlier in the offseason as they handled two teams offers these past days.
This would bring almost a full new group to play around Lauri Markkanen, the only safe player in the roster. Last year acquisition Kentavious Caldwell-Pope seems to be untouchable as well, although no source confirmed that information.

Right now with the 2 trades confirmed, Bulls roster stands at 11 players, making room for a Free Agent acquisition, if desired. It’s not clear yet if Chicago will elect to use its cap space to try to lure a household name or just resign their players while working with the exception.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Thunder considering rebuild

The newly crowned OKC Thunder are considering a rebuild. After just winning, is there really a point to repeat?
Speaking to gm Andrew, here's his thoughts:
"We are a little late in the game with rebuilding and need to play catch up with the other teams. Whether it's this or next year, the rebuild will happen".

Unfortunately no one wants to give up any valuable assets for Klay, Bledsoe, MKG, or even Stanley. It seems like teams are holding on tight to their young talent and picks. So right now, things are pointing towards another strong playoff run next season.

But anything could happen still...
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Jazz comfortable with taking their full time allotment. The team deciding between a few players but are hamstrung from not scouting positions/players that were not a need. Pick expected to be announced late Wednesday, January 9.
Clown.Show.League

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Ocons wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:50 pm Jazz comfortable with taking their full time allotment. The team deciding between a few players but are hamstrung from not scouting positions/players that were not a need. Pick expected to be announced late Wednesday, January 9.
Are you really pulling a Kevin?
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Yes, in that I want to get the usuals riled up. No, in that I'm not going to take forever to make this pick.
Clown.Show.League

Raidercj
General Manager

Post by Raidercj »

Ocons wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 pm Yes, in that I want to get the usuals riled up. No, in that I'm not going to take forever to make this pick.
And so it begins :lol: I don’t get what the issue is. They have a time slot for a reason. Let him take his time. Just my .02$
New Orleans Pelicans

Starters: Monte Morris | Brandon Knight | Chandler Parsons | Anthony Davis | Nikola Vucevic

Alternatives:Joe Jackson | Roy Devyn Marble | Brice Johnson | Malcolm Brogdon | Cole Aldrich | Rajon Rondo | James Ennis

Reserves: Tyler Dorsey | Nicolas Brussino | Derrick Jones

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

It's a yearly thing. Otherwise who cares. I respect holding it up for business but if it's just to annoy people why?
Cleveland Cavaliers

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Rest assured. A deal has been made, just ironing out the details.
Clown.Show.League

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Raidercj wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:28 pm
Ocons wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 pm Yes, in that I want to get the usuals riled up. No, in that I'm not going to take forever to make this pick.
And so it begins :lol: I don’t get what the issue is. They have a time slot for a reason. Let him take his time. Just my .02$
I look at it as common courtesy. It's like when you're sitting in public transport and an old person or pregnant lady walks in - there is no hard rule to say you absolutely have to give up your seat, but it's common courtesy as part of living in a society with others.

Also, if TJ manages to make his pick - there is really no excuse :)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I think Andrei's second reasoning should be part of every rule in the CBA
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

LOL. Absolute worst analogy but I get your point.

People don't stay in their seat to get an "old person or pregnant lady" riled up. I'd be the first one out of the seat for an elderly person, child , woman, etc. Matter of fact, if I'm on a bus or train, I tend to stand anyway so that seats remain available for others.

Either way, I took too long once or twice maybe (never intentionally) and now if it takes more than 5 minutes to make my pick it becomes a major deal around here. For some people in particular.

I'm not going to rush into the pick and I don't spend everyday or night prepping for the draft - making a board (roflmaogtfo). I scout and I pull together what I can in advance but when it comes down to it - I need time to see who is left and narrow it down. Honestly, this draft is the one I was most pre-draft ready for and it still didn't matter. Possibly because I don't like anyone left but who knows - everyone has different values.

PS: suck it
Clown.Show.League

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Don't you dare to laugh at my precious draft board ;)

I also prefer to stand in public transport. We should hang out dude - we have so much in common :)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

andrei wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:09 pm
Raidercj wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:28 pm
I look at it as common courtesy. It's like when you're sitting in public transport and an old person or pregnant lady walks in - there is no hard rule to say you absolutely have to give up your seat, but it's common courtesy as part of living in a society with others.

Also, if TJ manages to make his pick - there is really no excuse :)
Actually on the Vegas buses, the section is specifically marked for those groups, so yeah, your ass does have to get up.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Chicago Announces They Won't Renounce Capela, McCollum.

Certainly some fans were shocked with the idea of Capela and McCollum not being renounced in favour of fan favourite Derrick Rose coming back to the Bulls.
"We do have some other plans for FA and can't really have the luxury of disposing of enough time to risk there", said Marcos. "So we're going to keep bird rights on Clint and CJ and look to bring them back. Whatever happens next, happens".
The Bulls are expected to offer a 5 year deal to Capela. It's not been disclosed how much they are willing to offer McCollum, but some heard Marcos saying "it's definitely over the MLE. No risks losing that guy to another team".
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

San Antonio Express News:

News out of the San Antonio is Zach Lavine's agent has already been informed the team will be going another direction freeing up an additional $11MM in cap space this offseason. There has been no news on whether or not Kyle Anderson will be back next year, but it is know the team was pleased with his and Hamilton's performance together last year in the front court.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Thunder considering Rashad Vaughn:

The CSL Champion Oklahoma City Thunder are considering making an offer to bring in former Maverick and three point gunner Rashad Vaughn. No offer has been made yet, but the thought of having Eric Bledsoe, Klay Thompson and Rashad Vaughn gunning threes, with Michael-Kidd Gilchrist and Stanley Johnson there, just in case, to eat up the rebounds interests the Thunder Gm. Will they make an offer? Or will they just stand pat with what they have right now?
Stay tuned...

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Thunder back out from Vaughn talks:

The OKC Thunder wanted to add Vaughn to the already talented roster. They loved his ability to shoot threes to add with Bledsoe, Klay and Carroll. Unfortunately they didn't have what the Clippers were looking for. So for now, the Thunder have stopped pursuing the three point gunner.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Lol, you think you're the Lakers.
Clown.Show.League