League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

5(More!) Quick Thoughts

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

5(More!) Quick Thoughts

Post by Ramcus »

Now that we're around halfway through the season, let's take another look at 5 interesting things in the CSL.

1. The Philadelphia 76ers were an unknown factor heading into the engine change. How would their players convert over? Turns out, their stars swapped jobs. Jabari Parker took a massive hit, as his passing and ball handling were too poor for the engine to give him as many touches. Lonzo Ball, on the other hand, transformed into a top 3 point guard in the league. This, along with Moritz Wagner's impressive conversion, have made them one of the most deadly teams in the league. They support the #2 offense in the league, and are 2 whole assists ahead of the 2nd place team in Assists-Per-Game. They right now stand 2nd in the Eastern Conference, behind the massive juggernauts the Boston Celtics. With Lonzo Ball's expiring contract, one would hope that the 76ers jump on maxing him out, less another team pick him up.

2. Speaking of the Boston Celtics, they've continued their dominance. In spite of their GM's constant complaints, his team has the best record in the NBA, and are on a 9 game win streak. They've won 13 out of the last 14 games, and are the clear favourites to win it all. The Celtics are lead by second year forward Miles Bridges and multiple time all-star DeAaron Fox. Miles Bridges has exploded in his second season(all credit goes to the engine change), increasing all his box score numbers, besides blocks-per-game. DeAaron Fox, on the other hand, has also been elite. Although going down in points-per-game, Fox brings up the secondary scoring of the Celtics well, and dominates using his speed and agility. Unfortunately, the Celtics may not be looking to resign him in the offseason, so Fox may be looking for a new team.

3. Entering the engine change, many wondered how controversial star Stanley Johnson Jr. would fair. Some thought he'd convert fine, while many others believed his foul drawing antics wouldn't serve him well in the new engine. This season, SJJ have silenced the haters again, as he leads one of the best Eastern Conference teams, the Detroit Pistons. He's been a consistent double-double machine, averaging 22.4/11 per game. Their top 4 line-ups all include him, and for good reason. SJJ has been the catalyst to the Pistons finding their success.

4. Ever since the Kevin Knox trade, he's shown why he was deserving of a top 15 pick. In his first game for the Thunder, he showed off his elite foul drawing and adept scoring, as he dropped a 20/2/5 in a win against the Spurs. Continuing from there, he showed his dominance, and in 24 games in the season, he's averaged a surprising 21.5 Points-Per-Game, 4.1 Rebounds-Per-Game, and 3.3 Assists-Per-Game. Knox's scoring was never a question, it was whether or not they'd contribute to winning basketball was the issue. For now though, the Thunder continue to lose games. Regardless, Knox has clearly cemented himself into the future of the Thunder organization.

5. The Milwaukee Bucks are an enigma. On one hand, they have one of the worst offenses in the league. They struggle to get any efficient offense, and their ball movement across the team is often poor. On the other hand, the Bucks have one of the best defenses in the league, anchored by lanky wing defender Brandon Ingram and elite rebounding big Wendell Carter. Ingram, although not the scorer that everyone wanted him to be, has shown that he could be an elite 2nd option to any superstar, as his skills complement superstar scorers. He doesn't have the talent to be the #1 man on the offense, but often takes the #1 man on defense. Carter is an inefficient scorer but incredible rebounder. He leads the league in total rebounds; He has over 100 rebounds more than the closest total rebounder, Anthony Davis. This leads me to believe that if they had an elite scorer, say Morant explodes in his second season or they bring in an elite scorer via free agency, they could easily contend for a playoff spot in the tight and compact Eastern Conference.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: 5(More!) Quick Thoughts

Post by Andrewu91 »

SJJ is the most savage player in CSL history
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

The east is very competitive with only the Magic out of the running really. Looks like this is the year the Sixers finally put it together.

I'd say the Knox trade worked for OKC. In the 21 games with OKC so far, he's averaging 24.4 points on 47.8% from the field.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

bt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:51 am The east is very competitive with only the Magic out of the running really. Looks like this is the year the Sixers finally put it together.

I'd say the Knox trade worked for OKC. In the 21 games with OKC so far, he's averaging 24.4 points on 47.8% from the field.
Missed that part. Yeah, I've been watching him closely and surprised he was let go for a role player. He's like SJJ, with the free throws too.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I agree with most of this and think the Bucks should be much better than they are right now.

As for Knox, I might have to admit I was wrong about him as he has proven to be a legit threat in this engine. I’m glad it worked out for the Thunder.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:12 am
bt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:51 am The east is very competitive with only the Magic out of the running really. Looks like this is the year the Sixers finally put it together.

Missed that part. Yeah, I've been watching him closely and surprised he was let go for a role player. He's like SJJ, with the free throws too.
Donte gonna be a monster in 19 if he hits potentials. You heard it here first. Same reason why Zhaire Smith was a huge steal.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Philly really is looking strong, but I would not just "blame" the engine switch.
I'm sure Lonzo and Wagner would have been tremendous player in DDS3 as well (+ Parker who looked better there).
AND ... lets not forget that cascook is quietly managing this team very good, he always adjust's the DC and it seems he found a good and working rotation. Well done!

I expected Boston to be on top of the conference again, but with how strong the East looks this year it is quite a performance the Celtics are showing! Looks like the team to beat this year, but not with a comfortable margin imo.
And you are right ... good thing Fox sucks so hard, I may be able to get him with the LLE :lol:

SJJ ... not much more to say ... beast mode!!
Was trying a few times to bring him over somehow, but I was really not sure how he would translate to 19.

Knox looks really good on O, my biggest concern with him was if his defense would allow him to start. He may be the perfect fit for the Bucks with their first class defense.

Speaking about the Bucks ... BI is one of my favorite players here, I just love this skill set.
Unfortunately that may be to hard of a task to pry him away from Manu :-)

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:39 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:12 am

Donte gonna be a monster in 19 if he hits potentials. You heard it here first. Same reason why Zhaire Smith was a huge steal.
Let's wait and see. For now, I'm loving Knox. I was thinking about offering for him last year but the price was too high.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Flaming Homer wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:41 amKnox looks really good on O, my biggest concern with him was if his defense would allow him to start. He may be the perfect fit for the Bucks with their first class defense
Yeah, good point. I just had a look though and 1.3 steals a game with 80.3% drives stopped and 0.93 PA/SF isn't too bad at all.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

That is actually pretty good. Didn't look up the stats.
Playing better than his ratings!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Good read, as the Sixers are finally dangerous with a GM that's willing to gameplan, and adjust for sims. Meanwhile Miles Bridges is turning into an all star for Boston as well, even thought Dennis is never satisfied with the team hahaha.

Knox is balling out in OKC, and honestly I think this isn't a fluke, as he has always had talent, and I think his skillset actually suits better for the new engine as well.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Pretty spot on. I wish I had more time to plan for each game. Offense will take time to be efficient as we work on shooting preferences, as we just started.
ImageImageImageImageImage

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Damn, I didn't realize how well Knox has been doing on offense... impressive.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)