League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Managing the Miami Heat

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Managing the Miami Heat

Post by Andrewu91 »

With the recent announcement, of being the new Miami Heat Assistant GM, I figured I would write an article, to be used for scouting points.

I quit the CSL before the Playoffs last season. Let's fast forward two months later ..

I saw the Thunder not using their cap space or GM'ing their team correctly, and asked to take that position back. Unfortunately I was told no. It was then I said okay, let's wait and see what happens.

One day, Silo Pm'ed me, asking to be the assistant General Manager. As a league champion, under normal circumstances, I would say no.

I then thought, I started my career as the Heat assistant General Manager, before the Thunder job. I faced the Heat in the Finals, so maybe I could be useful as an assistant again.

If other GM's offered, I would have considered their offers also

It's not like I can be putting out DC's 24/7 like I used to, so this position is perfect for me.
Two GM's managing a very talented team. Silo will continue doing what he always does... But I will be that second eye that gives advice and helps when needed, and feeding him cheesesteaks. The meal of a Champion.

I will scout other teams lineups, screenshot things when the playoffs roll around, and ultimately be the guy that brings a Championship to Miami.

Our team is very talented, and I'm excited to get started on my new journey in the CSL, for now...

"We are Miami"

CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Re: Managing the Miami Heat

Post by Silogical »

A ring would be nice, but what im really after is the title Most hated team in the league. Dennis could hire the corona virus and we'll still be more hated.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 pm A ring would be nice, but what im really after is the title Most hated team in the league. Dennis could hire the corona virus and we'll still be more hated.
I'm basically the cornavirus, I never go away, and keep coming back stronger.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Why are you using this article to bash the current Thunder GM? I’m contemplating deleting this thread since this is worth zero scouting points as far as I’m concerned.

IMO the current thunder GM did a great job of staying the course and using his cap space signing 3 very good players to one year deals who will be great trade assets this season.

If you’re going to use this assistant role as a smear campaign against a new GM after you decided to leave the league then I will just say your stay here as an assistant will be short.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

emplep7 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:33 am Why are you using this article to bash the current Thunder GM? I’m contemplating deleting this thread since this is worth zero scouting points as far as I’m concerned.

IMO the current thunder GM did a great job of staying the course and using his cap space signing 3 very good players to one year deals who will be great trade assets this season.

If you’re going to use this assistant role as a smear campaign against a new GM after you decided to leave the league then I will just say your stay here as an assistant will be short.

Maybe he’s the one pregnant lol not his girl ..I think okc gm did a good job especially if he gets pieces for durant and cousins

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Totally agree with Jon and Phil!

Not a smart move to burn all the cap right away. Get familiar with the game and player value, decide for your long term plan and then use it.
Good job to stay patient.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Flaming Homer wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:41 am Totally agree with Jon and Phil!

Not a smart move to burn all the cap right away. Get familiar with the game and player value, decide for your long term plan and then use it.
Good job to stay patient.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 pm
Silogical wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 pm A ring would be nice, but what im really after is the title Most hated team in the league. Dennis could hire the corona virus and we'll still be more hated.
I can handle you guys - easy. Stay away from new joiners, guys.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

I would have to say I agree the Thunder did a good job, considering we did similar moves haha
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:33 am Why are you using this article to bash the current Thunder GM? I’m contemplating deleting this thread since this is worth zero scouting points as far as I’m concerned.

So giving my opinion is not allowed now? I barely mentioned them

Don't start an argument. Makes zero sense. Don't be that guy.
No one is going to trade for 35 year old Durant at the end of the day.

And I am assistant GM because its best situation for me right now.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Stockton12 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am

Maybe he’s the one pregnant lol not his girl ..I think okc gm did a good job especially if he gets pieces for durant and cousins
I am getting chunky, maybe I am the pregnant one haha

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:28 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 pm
I can handle you guys - easy. Stay away from new joiners, guys.
Easy huh? We will see about that, my man

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

i give this one week

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:17 pm

DO you have weird cravings?

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

KW wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:48 pmi give this one week
4 days.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dylan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:32 am
KW wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:48 pmi give this one week
4 days.
At least a season. I have another title to win

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Stockton12 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:30 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:17 pm

DO you have weird cravings?
Lately craving toilet paper. But seems like everyone else is too

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 pm

You have made 5 posts critisizing the new GM of the Thunder since FA started. And you "barely" mentioned them by saying (and I quote)..."I saw the Thunder not using their cap space or GM'ing their team correctly".

You literally said their not using their cap space, which is a lie since they did use it to sign 3 guys, and that they are doing a bad job GMing. I don't care about you posting your opinions, but saying a new GM is doing a bad job when he's actually doing a really good job if not fair and not a worthy opinion. Keep you posts focused on the Heat and their upcoming season.

Also, let us not be too soon to forget how you felt when there were some toxic GMs around that I had to kick out of the league who had "opinions" about how you were doing as GM of the Thunder when you first started. I remember a lot of conversations about how you didn't like how you were being treated then too. So...how about you don't be that guy?

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:34 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 pm

You have made 5 posts critisizing the new GM of the Thunder since FA started. And you "barely" mentioned them by saying (and I quote)..."I saw the Thunder not using their cap space or GM'ing their team correctly".

You literally said their not using their cap space, which is a lie since they did use it to sign 3 guys, and that they are doing a bad job GMing. I don't care about you posting your opinions, but saying a new GM is doing a bad job when he's actually doing a really good job if not fair and not a worthy opinion. Keep you posts focused on the Heat and their upcoming season.

Also, let us not be too soon to forget how you felt when there were some toxic GMs around that I had to kick out of the league who had "opinions" about how you were doing as GM of the Thunder when you first started. I remember a lot of conversations about how you didn't like how you were being treated then too. So...how about you don't be that guy?
I'm glad we had that talk on messenger. You heard my points and I heard yours. That's how we handle a situation.

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Yup, moving on and no need for anyone else to comment on that point. Welcome back as the Heat assistant and good luck.