League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

All ready

Write updates about your team or the league here.
mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

All ready

Post by mgtr81 »

The 2024-25 CSL is about to start. It will be a season of relative uncertainty as teams adapt to the new rules. However, no big surprises are expected, as talented players should still make a difference. With that scenario on the horizon, the Milwaukee Bucks enter the season with hopes of ending a long playoff drought. They won as many games as they lost during the last two months of the 2023-24 season, and they did that with many injuries to their key players. Needles to say, this is the first time in five years that the fans are excited to start the season. This is the promising and young roster of the Milwaukee Bucks for the upcoming season.

#1 Devin Booker / SG / 26 / 6'6" / 196 lbs

Booker will enter his second season as a Buck. Many think he was the best player on the team last season, as the 26 games he missed last year coincided with the team's worst part of the season. The Bucks exercised the team option on his contract this summer worth $3,300,000, with hopes he will adapt quickly to the new rules. Last year he averaged 12.6 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 24.2 minutes per game, shooting 40.0 % from three-point range. He may come off the bench this year, but head coach Chris Duhon has stated he is not going to talk about starters and reserves, since there will be plenty of rotation during games.

#3 Kelly Oubre Jr / SF / 24 / 6'7" / 195 lbs

Oubre will enter his fifht season as a Buck, but he still 24 years old. During all this time he has had his ups and downs, but has been able to find a place in the rotation as floor spreading wing. Last season he played in 64 games, averaging 5.0 points and 2.0 rebounds in 13.9 minutes per contest, shooting 41.3 % from beyond the arc. His role on the team this season may be similar. His length also helps defending opposing outside shooters, something that may come in handy this year.

#4 Quincy Acy / PF / 28 / 6'7" / 235 lbs

Acy was the first player drafted by the current Front Office and still remains in Milwaukee six years later. He may be a rare case where the captain of a team is not a starter, but he is the longest tenured player on the roster. He signed a one-year deal worth $1,700,000 this summer to enter his seventh season with the franchise. Last season he took part in 64 games, averaging 3.2 points and 2.3 rebounds in 11.7 minutes of game action. A solid physical defender that provides depth at the forward positions.

#6 Troy Brown / SG / 20 / 6'7" / 215 lbs

Brown had a very solid rookie season averaging 10.2 points, 2.8 assists, 2.5 rebounds and 0.9 steals in 24.8 minutes per game, shooting 40.9 % from the field, 80.8 % from the free throw line and 28.7 % from outside the arc. While those are not mind blowing numbers, given how raw he was when he entered the league no one could ask much more from him. He played all 82 games and showed his ability to play multiple positions, from point guard to small forward. And more importantly, he has improved continuously since being drafted. He is still far from the player he can potentially become, but he is getting closer day after day.

#7 Thon Maker / PF / 24 / 7'1" / 231 lbs

It has been a long time since the Bucks opted to invest a third overall draft selection in Maker, but the lengthy forward is still 24 years old. While not a player who can lead a team, Maker has established himself as one of the best defenders in the league (ask Stanley Johnson in the last two meetings between the Bucks and the Detroit Pistons last season, both Milwaukee wins). He has only missed 19 games in five years, and last season averaged 13.3 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.7 blocks, 1.6 assists and 1.3 steals in 29.1 minutes per game. His impact, though, goes beyond his stats. However, not all is positive for Maker. His three-point shooting has dipped from over 40 % in the 2021-22 season to 29.1 % last season. He spent most of training camp working to regain his old outside shooting form.

#8 Jarred Vanderbilt / SF / 20 / 6'9" / 215 lbs

Vanderbilt will start his sophomore season with hopes of improving over his rookie season, where he averaged 4.4 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 12.7 minutes per contest. His role on the roster is still undefined, but he may find his chance over a long 82-game season. He is still very young, so the coaching staff will be patient with him.

#10 Frank Mason / PG / 24 / 5'11" / 185 lbs

After a sensational rookie season two years ago, his sophomore campaign was a bit disappointing. Mason's three-point shooting went from 39.7 % to 32.6 % in one year. That may be a result of defenses being conscious of his scoring potential or an effect of the sophomore wall. Being in a contract year Mason will need to showcase his skills now more than ever. He comes off a sixth-man-of-the-year kind of season, producing 13.5 points, 2.2 assists and 1.9 rebounds in 26.3 minutes off the bench.

#12 Ja Morant / PG / 19 / 6'3" / 175 lbs

The Bucks surprisingly jumped to the third overall place in last June's lottery. As a result, they opted to choose Morant out of Murray State. While it was the obvious choice for most CSL analysts, the Bucks Front Office was actually divided between him and Cameron Johnson. At the end, Morant was the pick. It remains to be seen what he can actually offer at the pro level. He had a very solid training camp, yet not a spectacular one. Still, coach Duhon thinks he could end up having a similar impact to what Allen Iverson had on the late 90's Philadelphia 76ers, as a ball dominant scoring guard with excellent defenders around him.

#14 Brandon Ingram / SF / 23 / 6'9" / 190 lbs

A former first overall pick, Ingram did not become the difference maker most expected. However, three years later he is one of the most versatile and well rounded players in the league. And he is also one of the most underrated defenders in teh CSL. At age 23 he enters a contract year coming off a season-ending injury. He has missed 28 games over three years, which represent 11 % of total games. While that is starting to cause some concern among team staff, there is nothing to be too worried, at least yet. Last season he averaged 18.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1.2 blocks and 1.0 assists in 33.8 minutes per game, while shooting 43.7 % from the field, 79.3 % form the free-throw line and 38.2 % form three-point range. It is believed that the new rules will benefit versatile players, but that remains to be seen. Regardless of that, Ingram will be a key piece in the Bucks hopes of a playoff appearance.

#15 Przemek Karnowski / C / 27 / 7'1" / 304 lbs

Another player coming off a season ending injury, Karnowski signed a three-year deal this offseason to come back to Milwaukee. At $3,000,000 per year, with the third one being a team option, the Front Office considers the deal a bargain. The Bucks contacted his agent on the very first day of Free Agency, and were surprised no one else was going after him. Last season, his first with Milwaukee, he averaged 10.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, 1.4 blocks, 1.1 assists and 0.7 steals in 24.9 minutes per game, converting 56.3 % of his field goal attempts. While his lack of rebounding for a center may be an issue in most teams, that is not the case in the Bucks, as there is no need for another rebounder when Wendell Carter is on the court. What Karnowski brings is excellent efficiency scoring in the paint, a great ability to draw fouls and a great capacity of altering shots. It is true that he should improve his 54.9 % from the free-throw line, but that is a work in progress.

#17 Jonas Valanciunas / C / 32 / 6'11" / 240 lbs

Valanciunas will enter his fourth and final season with Milwaukee, where he has seen his relevance decrease over the years. Last season he played 10.8 minutes per game as a reserve and the projection for this season is not much different. At age 32 he brings experience and his large expiring contract will allow the Bucks to be key players in the 2025 Free Agency period. He could also be wearing a different jersey by season's end.

#20 Matthew Dellavedova / SG / 28 / 6'4" / 198 lbs

One of the league's best perimeter defenders and a reliable outside shooter, Dellavedova is one of the key players on the team. At age 28 he has the perfect balance of experience and energy, and that is something extremely valuable for a team trying to take the next step. Last season he averaged 7.4 points, 4.4 assists, 2.8 rebounds and 0.9 steals in 32.7 minutes per game, shooting 38.7 % from three-point range. His ability to play both guard spots provides great flexibility to coach Duhon when designing strategies for games and he is expected to have a big role on the team again this year.

#24 Hollis Thompson / SF / 33 / 6'8" / 205 lbs

Thompson is one of the three new faces on the roster this season. The 33-year-old veteran was signed to a one-year minimum deal in the offseason in order to bring experience and outside shooting to the team. He is one of the elite three-point shooters in the CSL, and for a team willing to compete, that is a key addition.

#25 Joe Jackson / PG / 32 / 6'0" / 170 lbs

Jackson was the starting point guard for the Bucks in the 2017-18 season when the new Front Office arrived. He was traded mid-season to the Miami Heat in order to acquire Kyle Lowry, who helped the Bucks to make a good playoff run ... then Lowry left as a free agent and the rest of the story is well known. Jackson signed also a one-year minimum deal to start a second stint with the Bucks. And excellent ball handler and soild defender, he will bring experience to help Brown, Morant and Mason grow into better players.

#34 Wendell Carter / PF / 21 / 6'10" / 250 lbs

At age 21 and with just two pro seasons under his belt Carter has already established himself as a dominant force on the boards. Last season he averaged 10.7 points, 11.4 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.1 blocks and 0.5 steals in 29.9 minutes per game, converting 44.3 % of his field goal attempts (a big improvement from 40.3 % in his rookie season). Entering his third season in the CSL and after a training camp where he has improved his game, hopes are to see Carter becoming a new Dennis Rodman. That would certainly propel the Bucks to reach their goals.

So these are the 2024-25 Milwaukee Bucks. The goal is clear: to make the playoffs.
ImageImageImageImageImage

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Re: All ready

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

I would be really disappointed if the Bucks miss the playoffs this year. I think the team had talent last year to do better, and with the addition of Morant I'd expect even more. Lots of shooters on this roster too, which should hopefully translate well to the new engine. Best of luck Manu
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Even if the last few seasons were a struggle for the Bucks, they were able to add talent piece by piece.
The core of Ingram, Brown and Carter looks well balanced and I also think Booker will be more dangerous in 19. He did play well already last season in Milwaukee.
The playoffs are an realistic goal, but the depth in the east gives no guarantees here, a lot will depend how the teams look early on and what teams may decide to try a re-tool/build.

Edit: forgot Morant of course :-)
Not sure if he will be a factor this season already, but he will in the long run.
Last edited by Flaming Homer on Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I'm extremely excited to see how the Bucks do this upcoming season. They pressed their reset button a while ago, and finally the fruits of their efforts are starting to show. With some good spacing around Ingram and Morant, I can see this team pushing for a playoff spot.
I won't be expecting a 50 win team though. Anywhere in the 40 wins range would be considered a successful season as it is though, so I can't be too disappointed if I see the Bucks land below 50.
The biggest question on this team is "who is the go-to shot creator here?" When the play breaks down, you have both Ingram and Morant to take those shots, but it will be up to the coaching staff to see who takes that shot. Will it be the long standing Ingram, who may not be the superstar everyone expected, but is still certainly a strong versatile player, or the rookie Morant?
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

What a fun team -- My guess is that making the playoffs will depend on Morant's readiness. Mason seems an okay backup, but that's a big drop IMO. Ingram + Morant will keep this team viable for years to come. Good luck in the Central man!
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Ja is the guy you have been waiting for, for years. Up until now, your team had some talent but lacked that go to option. Long term, he is that guy for sure and I'm glad you were able to get him. I think the Bucks need one more year to get to the playoffs though, this is a conference where Charlotte and Atlanta both missed out.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

The addition of Ja wont be able to counter the core Charlotte or Atlanta have. They are on the right way, but being realistic, they will need another two years. Ja also doesnt look like he developed much this TC. Without him being able to carry the team, I dont think that Ingram will be enough to get it done just yet. However, one of the best young cores though!
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This team is coming along along slowly, but I think this should be a good year for this team, as a lot of your core pieces are now ready to play. The East will be deep once again, so playoffs might be a difficult goal, but this team has looked a lot better compared to a few seasons ago.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Glad to see this team finally coming together and I like the makeup of this roster. I'm not sure how its going to look in DDS19, but I'm always looking forward to the Central getting more and more competitive so I'll be pulling for the Bucks.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

You didn't bite when everyone said you should have drafted a PG two drafts ago. Instead of drafting for need, you stayed the course and added the BPA. Morant/Ingram/Carter is a very nice young core.
Ball is Life.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I think the Hollis Thompson pickup could be sneaky good in the new engine.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Well, as the last sentence in the article said, the goal was to make the playoffs. We didn't make it despite winning 42 games, but we were very close. The best part is that we went on a 20-5 run after the All-Star break.
ImageImageImageImageImage

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

42 wins in the east is terrific! It definitely looks like you've figured out your team's identity in this new engine. One more solid piece in the draft this year and you'll be good to go.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah, I think I'm most scared of you for next season in our division now, but it just adds to the competition in our division. Hopefully Lucas can get the magic going like he had early on in this season when they were on top, but I'd be interested to try to look at what changed for both yours and his team.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

You had this team rolling during the 2nd half of the season.
I have the feeling the East will be even more crazy next year, Milwaukee is ready to join the playoff race :-)

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Looking at this team, I feel they should have been playoff bound two seasons ago, when they handed out those large contracts. (Those who were here, know).

But the Bucks have been building, and building, and building, and eventually talent out ways activity.

I say you are in a perfect position to win the Championship next year! I'm serious.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

I had the Bucks making the playoffs this year, but the poor start was the nail in the coffin.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)