League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS19 Transition

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: DDS19 Transition

Post by Dennis »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:06 am
Myles wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm Yes we are still looking at the beginning of the 2024 season. My honest recommendation is to take over a team now and become their GM, just like LSUTigerJosh has done. The other thing you can do is wait until the transition to become the GM of a team, and you can choose from the teams available at that time. You'll definitely be first on the priority list so you'll have your choice of the open teams.
I would take a team now, but I don't have that version of the game :(
Myles can get you one for just 15 bucks or so. Definitely worth it to already get deeper into the lwague. I mean, switch still like 10 month away? Correct me if I'm off with my calculation.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Myles wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm Yes we are still looking at the beginning of the 2024 season. My honest recommendation is to take over a team now and become their GM, just like LSUTigerJosh has done. The other thing you can do is wait until the transition to become the GM of a team, and you can choose from the teams available at that time. You'll definitely be first on the priority list so you'll have your choice of the open teams.
Some others don't have the game too and they can manage without, but it would be really good to get a head start on building your team for the new engine. Not to mention you can get yourself a really solid situation in Memphis or Indiana's got some pieces to work with.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Dylan wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:21 am
Some others don't have the game too and they can manage without, but it would be really good to get a head start on building your team for the new engine. Not to mention you can get yourself a really solid situation in Memphis or Indiana's got some pieces to work with.
Can you refer me to the open teams? And where to check them out? Cheers!

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 pm
Can you refer me to the open teams? And where to check them out? Cheers!
http://www.championsimleague.com/viewforum.php?f=32

Grizzlies and Pacers are the two open teams, and you can see the rosters and stats and all that stuff by clicking the "standings" link above.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

A couple of questions (sorry if they have been asked previously):

1. If we switch engines in the offseason, how are we going to guarantee that players going from second to third season get the endurance boost?

2. Any idea on how are we going to prevent "cheating" on the defensive adjustments, given they leave no trace after simming?

Thanks in advance.
ImageImageImageImageImage

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Why do you believe defensive adjustments is cheating Manu? Didn't we always complain how DDS3 coach cannot matchup correctly when you move players across position i.e. Harden at PF. This engine allows you to do that. Where does cheating come in?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

andrei wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:38 pm Why do you believe defensive adjustments is cheating Manu? Didn't we always complain how DDS3 coach cannot matchup correctly when you move players across position i.e. Harden at PF. This engine allows you to do that. Where does cheating come in?
Because CSL big men are only efficient when driving. If you place a drive stopper defending them, they won't be able to drive. Drive stoppers are usually guards or light forwards. In real life, a big man will easily score over them in the post. Not here.

Edit: defensive adjustments are a great addition as long as they are used as they are meant to.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

mgtr81 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:41 pm
andrei wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:38 pm Why do you believe defensive adjustments is cheating Manu? Didn't we always complain how DDS3 coach cannot matchup correctly when you move players across position i.e. Harden at PF. This engine allows you to do that. Where does cheating come in?
Because CSL big men are only efficient when driving. If you place a drive stopper defending them, they won't be able to drive. Drive stoppers are usually guards or light forwards. In real life, a big man will easily score over them in the post. Not here.

Edit: defensive adjustments are a great addition as long as they are used as they are meant to.
Do you have proof that those little drive stoppers are great against big men? Did you try it in the 19 version??

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

mgtr81 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:52 am A couple of questions (sorry if they have been asked previously):

1. If we switch engines in the offseason, how are we going to guarantee that players going from second to third season get the endurance boost?

2. Any idea on how are we going to prevent "cheating" on the defensive adjustments, given they leave no trace after simming?

Thanks in advance.
For Question 1, we were going to announce this at the end of the regular season, but we will actually be using DDS3 for the off-season and switching over for the start of pre-season (with some additional pre-season sims built in). This would allow our rookies, coaches, retirements, etc to progress as normal and then have the next off-season be run using the new program.

For Question 2, we would need to look into this more as I wasn't aware there was no trace of the defensive assignments after a sim.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Sharkn20 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:50 pm
mgtr81 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Do you have proof that those little drive stoppers are great against big men? Did you try it in the 19 version??
Yeah it is.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

This is one thing I despise about online leagues. I would never have thought "big men do their best when driving, let me put a guard on him to stop the drives". I guess I just assume everyone plays straight up but I guess I should know better by now.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Rizzo wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:46 pm This is one thing I despise about online leagues. I would never have thought "big men do their best when driving, let me put a guard on him to stop the drives". I guess I just assume everyone plays straight up but I guess I should know better by now.
I agree with you, but we all know some don't. An easy solution would have been higher FGI's, but shouldn't bring back that up again.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

emplep7 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:57 pm
mgtr81 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:52 am A couple of questions (sorry if they have been asked previously):

Thanks in advance.
For Question 1, we were going to announce this at the end of the regular season, but we will actually be using DDS3 for the off-season and switching over for the start of pre-season (with some additional pre-season sims built in). This would allow our rookies, coaches, retirements, etc to progress as normal and then have the next off-season be run using the new program.

For Question 2, we would need to look into this more as I wasn't aware there was no trace of the defensive assignments after a sim.
Thanks. That seems like the best option.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

If it's untraceable, it's quite possible there might need to be a big man fix put into DDS 19. I don't think anyone would object bigs playing more like bigs. I've transitioned engines before and no matter the amount of testing or the accuracy of the results just before launch, there are obviously always things that won't align so if a change like that was going to be implemented, now would be the best time to do so at least.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027