League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Pelicans & Grizzlies Matchup

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

Pelicans & Grizzlies Matchup

Post by Ramcus »

Throughout the season, there has been a small rivalry brewing about, between the New Orleans Pelicans and the Memphis Grizzlies. A war of words has been thrown about, and the pot has been slow burning throughout the entire season. This is what some of the Pelican's roster has had to say about it:
Paul George wrote:Rivalries have always been something to look forward to during the CSL season. The league, and I, both support these type of things. Although this may not be the most iconic rivalry, such as the LA rivalry, or the LA/Celtics rivalry, or even the Celtics/Knicks rivalry, we welcome the challenge
Klay Thompson wrote:As someone who's been in the league for a long time, I've always relished the opportunity to play the Memphis Grizzlies. For the majority of my career, I've played in the Western Conference, so I'm experienced in playing against a strong Western Conference team such as the Grizzlies.
We play them 3 times in the next 2 months, with a back-to-back against them on 4/13 and 4/15 respectively. We welcome the opportunity to play against such a strong team, especially one defying all expectations so far this season.

Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Re: Pelicans & Grizzlies Matchup

Post by Sharkn20 »

Ramcus wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:03 pm Throughout the season, there has been a small rivalry brewing about, between the New Orleans Pelicans and the Memphis Grizzlies. A war of words has been thrown about, and the pot has been slow burning throughout the entire season. This is what some of the Pelican's roster has had to say about it:
Paul George wrote:Rivalries have always been something to look forward to during the CSL season. The league, and I, both support these type of things. Although this may not be the most iconic rivalry, such as the LA rivalry, or the LA/Celtics rivalry, or even the Celtics/Knicks rivalry, we welcome the challenge
Klay Thompson wrote:As someone who's been in the league for a long time, I've always relished the opportunity to play the Memphis Grizzlies. For the majority of my career, I've played in the Western Conference, so I'm experienced in playing against a strong Western Conference team such as the Grizzlies.
We play them 3 times in the next 2 months, with a back-to-back against them on 4/13 and 4/15 respectively. We welcome the opportunity to play against such a strong team, especially one defying all expectations so far this season.

Going to be a hell of a battle, good luck my cocky friend!!

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Lol I love this rivalry

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Memphis is basically guaranteed a win, just like every other time Marcus writes an article before a game

EDIT: Clearly I can't read, this wasn't a pre-game wiretap :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by KW on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTwoWallaces
Senior Vice President

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Love me a good Mississippi Delta showdown
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Kispert | Martin
Johnson | McDaniels
Wiseman | Stewart | Petrusev

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

KW wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 pm Memphis is basically guaranteed a win, just like every other time Marcus writes an article before a game

EDIT: Clearly I can't read, this wasn't a pre-game wiretap :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're partially right. :lol: We still loss against a hot shooting Warriors team, and we even played.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Grizzlies are playing well so let's see what happens at NOP in a few sums. Excited to see who will take that one
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Let the games begin :-)