League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Fury Videocast 34 - [Jestor and RMarcus] Trade, Hot Seats and Player Islands?

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Coach Fury Videocast 34 - [Jestor and RMarcus] Trade, Hot Seats and Player Islands?

Post by Cleasby »

Joined this time by Jestor
Items covered this episode
1. Milos Trade
2. Hot Seats
3. Player Islands

Logo courtesy of RiotPunch

Episode link - https://youtu.be/0i9gSkrR1BA
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 34 - [Jestor and RMarcus] Trade, Hot Seats and Player Islands?

Post by hardenwithnod »

Going to give this a listen later on.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 34 - [Jestor and RMarcus] Trade, Hot Seats and Player Islands?

Post by WillyJakkz »

Good listen.

Hot seat nominees:
ORL: Faliures since Paul George trade regardless of injuries
MIL: Lack of movement no improvement yr in and yr out
WAS: Treadmill team maybe tank approach will help this yr didn't have to trade Milos for Mario to accomplish that
CLE: Not good enough to win it all not bad enough for great pick, Kyrie trade killed their growth with no substantial return on him
POR: Off to the races once again, soon as you think they're good enough they come up short to Kings Suns Rockets or Thunder

Player Island: Robert Covington

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF J Isaac
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I'll put my teams in hot seat (agree with some mentioned in the podcast btw)

Jazz, like mentioned, should've been much better in a relatively easy West.
Magic, because of Willy's refusal to add shooting.
Thunder, you don't see quality playoff teams being destroyed in a glimpse like it happened in OKC.
Wizards, trading his pick was not Gary's best decision, specially since Milos proved he wasn't enough alone for multiple seasons :/

I would have added Denver but Myles made moves to improve his team, that means a lot IMO. Adding Guler was really nice even with Wall there. Also, he's currently positioned for a playoff spot.

As for the island, I would have brought a guy I'm a fan of, Julius Randle. Having Markkanen taught me not every big has to block shots, and he can do everything else.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Didnt listen.

But Hot Seat prediction before that: Lakers
Prediction was correct.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:39 am I'll put my teams in hot seat (agree with some mentioned in the podcast btw)

Jazz, like mentioned, should've been much better in a relatively easy West.
Magic, because of Willy's refusal to add shooting.
Thunder, you don't see quality playoff teams being destroyed in a glimpse like it happened in OKC.
Wizards, trading his pick was not Gary's best decision, specially since Milos proved he wasn't enough alone for multiple seasons :/

I would have added Denver but Myles made moves to improve his team, that means a lot IMO. Adding Guler was really nice even with Wall there. Also, he's currently positioned for a playoff spot.

As for the island, I would have brought a guy I'm a fan of, Julius Randle. Having Markkanen taught me not every big has to block shots, and he can do everything else.
I had one good year left, then Klay/Bledsoe would have fell off a cliff.

Like the great Jerry Buss once mentioned, "You don't wait a year too late".

With the new engine coming, now was the perfect time for a complete rebuild. Only downside is my pick but I'll take the hit this year for the success in years to come.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Tim in this pod did not age well
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Interesting conversation and another Tim relic now.

I'll keep my hot seat to myself for now since I do potentially want to write an article about this, but I can't argue with any of the GMs you mentioned.

The SJJ island is an interesting one because I wasn't on there before I started thinking about bringing him on board and started looking closer at his ratings and stats. I don't know how that is going to translate to the new engine, but I do think that he will still be highly effective.

I was worried about how efficient he would be on our team, but hes been having a career best year so far so we will see if he keeps that up, but if he does I'll be happy.

My island player would probably be Briante Weber. He could be a very solid player, but shoots very poorly. I would love to bring him on as a project player to try and get his shooting % up.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 pm Interesting conversation and another Tim relic now.

I'll keep my hot seat to myself for now since I do potentially want to write an article about this, but I can't argue with any of the GMs you mentioned.

The SJJ island is an interesting one because I wasn't on there before I started thinking about bringing him on board and started looking closer at his ratings and stats. I don't know how that is going to translate to the new engine, but I do think that he will still be highly effective.

I was worried about how efficient he would be on our team, but hes been having a career best year so far so we will see if he keeps that up, but if he does I'll be happy.

My island player would probably be Briante Weber. He could be a very solid player, but shoots very poorly. I would love to bring him on as a project player to try and get his shooting % up.
How so?

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

In 32 games so far, hes shooting 49% and rising bringing his yearly shooting % up to 46% (which is the second highest of his career). His previous career high was 6 seasons ago when he shot almost 48%. All of this leads to my statement that "hes been having a career best year so far so we will see if he keeps that up, but if he does I'll be happy."

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:12 pm In 32 games so far, hes shooting 49% and rising bringing his yearly shooting % up to 46% (which is the second highest of his career). His previous career high was 6 seasons ago when he shot almost 48%. All of this leads to my statement that "hes been having a career best year so far so we will see if he keeps that up, but if he does I'll be happy."
Well yeah technically(just fg% wise). But if you look deeper, there is a reason why he is shooting better.

He's only playing 27-28min for you. Less minutes = less fatigue = less shots = higher percentage.
Pretty simple concept.

I'm gonna add up everything, to see if he really is shooting that well.

Either way, you are doing well fitting him in. Kudos