League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Sun Setting Over the Pacific

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Sun Setting Over the Pacific

Post by Cyrisnyte »

Warriors Moving into the Dark
The much talked about meeting between General Manager Cyrisnyte and remaining superstar Kevin Durant took place today. It comes as no surprise to anyone with the announcement that Kevin Durant has demanded a trade from the Golden State Warriors. GM Cyrisnyte and Kevin Durant had a meeting which lasted just over 30 minutes today and then both parties took to their own ways of talking about the meeting.

General Manager Cyrisnyte had lined up a press conference and had the following to say.
General Manager Cyrisnyte,

"As you all are aware, I just finished a meeting with Kevin Durant about the state of the team here within the Warriors organization. We spoke openly about the situation in regards to James Harden choosing to go back to his former team and where that put the Warriors now. I can say that the meeting was mostly productive but we had very different views on what a commitment comes down to.

Kevin has demanded a trade from the organization as he feels we were not able to live up to our word by not actually resigning James Harden. I tried to explain we did everything within our power to get him to stay here in Oakland but he said the fact is, he's not here. When we spoke about the contract he was committed to, he simply said he will sit out if not moved.

We will now be engaged in trade talks with all teams we feel can offer a package which will put us in a position to be competitive in the near future. At this point, we will sit down with PJ Dozier and express to him the desire to build a team around him and his all around ability.

We will be active in giving the Warriors fan's a team they can support. I understand the level of frustration for Warriors fans as they were looking forward to an improved season. We ask they have realistic expectations as we try to react and figure out what will be best course of action for the organization."

Claims he will sit out entire season if he has to

Kevin Durant seems to have made up his mind he will not play for the Warriors again. While leaving the building he was asked what had happened in his meeting with GM Cyrisnyte and he simply said, "I'm outta here, look for my Instagram post shortly." Kevin Durant is known to be a huge user of social media, so it comes as no shock that shortly after he left the facilities of the Warriors, the following post was put up by Kevin Durant.

The Instagram post would have one believe that Kevin Durant has already been moved. Our insiders say that the Warriors had just learned of the post and that GM Cyrisnyte was furious. How this will effect any trade talks is unknown but one can assume at this point that this will begin a complete dismantlement of the Warriors team as we know it now.
Last edited by Cyrisnyte on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Sun Setting Over the Pacific

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Whoever feels like they only lack an Alpha scorer to contend should be salivating now.
KD is one of the best scorers in the entire league still. I think you'll be more than able to move him for a nice haul!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

He has been surprisingly healthy in Golden State, great medical staff.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

He should definitely be able to fetch some nice pieces, even at his age.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Who is CJ Dozier? I hope he didn't catch CJ McCollum disease ;)

Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Post by Cyrisnyte »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:59 pm Who is CJ Dozier? I hope he didn't catch CJ McCollum disease ;)
Ha! Thanks and corrected!

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:59 pm Who is CJ Dozier? I hope he didn't catch CJ McCollum disease ;)
rather the CJ McCollum disease than the PJ Hairston disease tbh

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

KW wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:21 pm
I disagree. McCollum lures you in with his solid play all year. It’s enough that you let the trade deadline pass without securing better options, and you begin to depend on him.

Then, when you need him most, he shits the bed in the CSL finals. And “shits the bed” is putting it nicely. What actually happened is too graphic for these forums.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I mean, you've got $20 million in cap or something like that. Might want to see if there's any big fish out there first before committing to a younger retool.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:25 pm
KW wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:21 pm
I disagree. McCollum lures you in with his solid play all year. It’s enough that you let the trade deadline pass without securing better options, and you begin to depend on him.

Then, when you need him most, he shits the bed in the CSL finals. And “shits the bed” is putting it nicely. What actually happened is too graphic for these forums.
You still can't forget it.. You have a ring already Dougie, CJ doesn't haha
Give him a break!
But yeah I moved on from CJ the moment I learned he couldn't be trusted in moments of pressure.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Jestor wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:28 pm I mean, you've got $20 million in cap or something like that. Might want to see if there's any big fish out there first before committing to a younger retool.
This

Of course if someone goes for Durant as top scorer now, its time to move on.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Flaming Homer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 am
Jestor wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:28 pm I mean, you've got $20 million in cap or something like that. Might want to see if there's any big fish out there first before committing to a younger retool.
This

I was also surprised he just let the 20m sit, this FA is a lot better than next years.

Tough to trade a player like Durant unless you're giving him away, even if you do give him away Dozier is too good to tank with. Dozier + Durant + 20m is a playoff team.

Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Post by Cyrisnyte »

Silogical wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:54 am
Flaming Homer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 am
This

I was also surprised he just let the 20m sit, this FA is a lot better than next years.

Tough to trade a player like Durant unless you're giving him away, even if you do give him away Dozier is too good to tank with. Dozier + Durant + 20m is a playoff team.
Just not going to spend the money because I have it. By the time I lost Harden to Houston, a lot of the key players I like were gone. The players who are still out there aren't exactly the type of player I want to offer long term deals to.