League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Team Rumor Thread

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: Team Rumor Thread

Post by WillyJakkz »

The real (not "young pretend") Andre Drummond on the move?

Sources close to the Magic are saying it seems like the Magic and an unknown team are close to a deal if they can get "the pieces" right.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

After having 12 injuries in less than 10 games (Markkanen twice, Holiday 3 times, Crowder twice, Payne, Lillard, Allen, RHJ, Capela, and that’s just what I can remember), Chicago is already planning for next season.

“This one is over. That bug ain’t fun. It’s part of the game (injuries) but this was beyond ridiculous. I’m shutting down activities for this year, we’ve already lost enough guys. We just changed coaches and told everyone to rest their bodies for next season. I’ll be back come draft time.”
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Cool. Improves another of my second round picks.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

You can google this stuff and it happens to many teams in real life, in all sports... and in all the seasons simmed with 30 teams, it was bound to happen at some point to someone. Just bad luck this season.
Last edited by bt on Sat May 18, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Man would I've always shut down when losing guys to injuries.. oh boy.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Chicago is still a playoff team and can still make some noise in the playoffs. Upsets happen PHX was just swept in the 1st round. Get there and anything can happen.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

You're definitely not shutting it down, but I can see how someone would not want to risk next season with a long term injury after getting so many set backs. Sucks to see how the engine chooses certain teams that can't seem to catch a break every year.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

It's def a little foolish to think the season is over. You're the 5 seed and can probably hold the line. Everyone but Lauri will be back for the first round and if you escape, he should be ok to play in round 2. Injuries have been shitty but it's not over for Chicago, or shouldn't be.
Clown.Show.League

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:48 am After having 12 injuries in less than 10 games (Markkanen twice, Holiday 3 times, Crowder twice, Payne, Lillard, Allen, RHJ, Capela, and that’s just what I can remember), Chicago is already planning for next season.

“This one is over. That bug ain’t fun. It’s part of the game (injuries) but this was beyond ridiculous. I’m shutting down activities for this year, we’ve already lost enough guys. We just changed coaches and told everyone to rest their bodies for next season. I’ll be back come draft time.”
It may be related to the franchise ... my NLL Bulls suffered the same problem season after season. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

This league is like a drug. Can't get away for more than one day lol

Anyway quick update:

Thunder are prepared to offer Eric Bledsoe a very nice offer for 5 years. While other teams can only offer 4 years and 4.5 raises, this gives the Thunder the advantage. Bledsoe wants to win and the Thunder and Bledsoe will be in deep deep talks come Free Agency.

As some gm's know, free agency is where the Thunder have had great success in the past. Let's see what this one brings..
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:33 pm This league is like a drug. Can't get away for more than one day lol

Anyway quick update:

Thunder are prepared to offer Eric Bledsoe a very nice offer for 5 years. While other teams can only offer 4 years and 4.5 raises, this gives the Thunder the advantage. Bledsoe wants to win and the Thunder and Bledsoe will be in deep deep talks come Free Agency.

As some gm's know, free agency is where the Thunder have had great success in the past. Let's see what this one brings..
Just a comment, you have 66.6M in guaranteed deals for 6 players. I'm really really interested in seeing what kind of miracle you're gonna pull to keep that roster together with 23.4M available for 6 spots.
But you'll find a way, I'm sure!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:49 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:33 pm This league is like a drug. Can't get away for more than one day lol

Anyway quick update:

Just a comment, you have 66.6M in guaranteed deals for 6 players. I'm really really interested in seeing what kind of miracle you're gonna pull to keep that roster together with 23.4M available for 6 spots.
But you'll find a way, I'm sure!
Not to sound cocky, it will be taken care of

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

There's nothing cocky about the reality one of Stanley, MKG, Qi, or Carroll have gotta go if he comes back. That's just math.

Tbs like they say there's a sucker for everyone and probably at least one person foolish enough to take one of those guys.

On a side note I wish we had more league wide patience like in the NBA. Like if a team has 15 guys and 4 1st round picks force them to make a decision instead of bailing them out. I would love to see what happen. Would guys just be cut into free agency? Why give up assets and help a team you have to compete with when you could just let it play out? If a team is capped out and looking for help why not let them implode and collect the fallout? Just thoughts.
Cleveland Cavaliers

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

San Antonio:It is rumored that the Spurs will not only be quite during the draft with no picks currently, but also free agency. The Spurs have finalized three deals that will use up there current projected >$20MM cap space plus sending out bigman Jahlil Okafor. The Spurs will be bringing back another big man, combo wing, and future pick.

The teams next steps are to look who they can bring in to fill the back up PF position along with filling out the 11th and 12th roster spots.

Also, it looks like the team will part ways with current head coach Rico Blackman, who some unnamed team officials described as garbage.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

drumr wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:29 pm There's nothing cocky about the reality one of Stanley, MKG, Qi, or Carroll have gotta go if he comes back. That's just math.

Tbs like they say there's a sucker for everyone and probably at least one person foolish enough to take one of those guys.

On a side note I wish we had more league wide patience like in the NBA. Like if a team has 15 guys and 4 1st round picks force them to make a decision instead of bailing them out. I would love to see what happen. Would guys just be cut into free agency? Why give up assets and help a team you have to compete with when you could just let it play out? If a team is capped out and looking for help why not let them implode and collect the fallout? Just thoughts.
They are all staying

But if I were to trade one of them, the receiving team would be foolish to receive MKG, Stanley, Qi, or even Carroll? All provide something a championship team needs.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

A maxed Bledsloe puts you at 86 mil with 5 mil left. So no vets just undrafted rookies and 2nd rounders. Might actually be worse with salary escalations maybe like 87 or 88mil. The hard cap is 90 mil. That's why I said it would be foolish to offer full value on any of those guys. Yeah they're talented so getting them on the cheap is even better. But why help you at a premium? Someone will be foolish enough, but I'll be shocked if it's a tenured GM. Then again crazier things have happened here. CSL is a wild land lol
Cleveland Cavaliers

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

OKC eyes Kawhi:

The Thunder are eyeing the thought of trading for Kawhi Leonard. They would put 10lbs on him and make him their power forward. Their problem? Matching salaries...

Stay tuned..

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Big things brewing in OKC. Glad the office is open
Cleveland Cavaliers

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:42 pm OKC eyes Kawhi:

The Thunder are eyeing the thought of trading for Kawhi Leonard. They would put 10lbs on him and make him their power forward. Their problem? Matching salaries...

Stay tuned..
Shoot me a PM if yall need help with salaries hahah, I might be able to help if I get proper compensation.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

hardenwithnod wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:49 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:42 pm OKC eyes Kawhi:

Stay tuned..
Shoot me a PM if yall need help with salaries hahah, I might be able to help if I get proper compensation.
+1