League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2023 re-draft

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

2023 re-draft

Post by Silogical »

2023 re-draft

Re-draft position / Name / Current Team

1 Jaren Jackson Jr. NY
With 4 straight all-star appearances JJJ has seperated himself from the rest of the draft class.

2 Markelle Fultz NY
Fultz has been stuck in JJJs shadow, but it cant be understated how important Fultz has been to New Yorks recent playoff success.

3 Michael Porter MIL
Porter nearly winning ROY after his amazing first training camp was surprising. Porter sitting 3rd in the re-draft is expected. Anything lower than 3rd would be disapointing.

4 Miles Bridges DET
Miles Bridges has been solid in Detroit, he is playing a similar role as Bender played in Houston during their championship run.

5 Mikal Bridges LAL
Mikal Bridges has been great unfortunately the Lakers just havnt been able to convert Bagley Bridges and White into wins.

6 Shaquille Harrison ORL
Great player, terrible fit. It’s been eigth or so seasons since Orlando had someone who could hit a shot outside 5 feet. Until they bring in a shooter they won’t sniff the playoffs, but when they do Orlando becomes a dangerous team.

7 Elie Okobo IND
Indiana made a bold move picking Okobo 6th overall. The results are mixed Okobo has played well but the pacers only made the playoffs once over the past 4 seasons.

8 Dzanan Musa CHA
Another bold move was Charlotte drafting Musa over Harrison. Personally i would draft Musa over Harrison and Okobo. He doesnt have a 98% stop rate or score 20 points per game, but its his all around game that has helped lead Charlotte to the 2nd round for 3 straight seasons.

9 Kaiser Gates HOU
Gates could be even higher, but with Houstons depth he hasnt been able to crack 20 min/game. Gates will forever be remembered for holding Skal to 0-11 2 reb in game 7. Exactly 10 months after Boston traded him to Houston.

10 Troy Brown MIA
Brown is lucky to have been drafted by the Heat. After his horrendous rookie season any other team wouldve gave up but the heat stuck with him and now he’s a solid contributor.

11 John Collins PHI
Collins has been solid. Philly has all the pieces to contend they’ve just been cursed with Gms and coaches who show up once a month.

12 Landry Shamet CLE
Drafting Shamet to take over for the aging Curry was a smart move. No Curry no Blake no problem the Cavs continue to make the playoffs.

13 Robert Williams MIA
Since Williams respectable rookie season he has not played more than 10/min per game. The Heat need to consolidate as Williams is a starter and should see 30 minutes/game.

14 Kostas Antetokounmpo BRK
After an amazing 4 straight 9th place finishes the Nets finally made the playoffs. The difference could be Kostas as he went from 21 minutes last season to 32 minutes this season. GM Rizzo has praised his defense.

15 Marcus Derrickson SAS
When the Spurs traded for Derrickson they said he’d be a good fit next to Bamba and Rozier. They were right they won 45 games for the first time since John Wall played there? I dont know its been awhile.

16 Laurynas Birutis GSW
What a dissasster in Golden State, if they could go back in time I bet they would tear it down and build around a top 3 pick. Laurynas Birutis? He’s decent.

17 Collin Sexton CHI
Another player not getting the minutes he deserves. The 2 time Champion Bulls are just too stacked to find minutes for Sexton.

18 Thomas Welsh OKC
It’s been a hard fall for OKC since blowing a 3-1 lead over Sacramento all those years ago. It’s time for OKC to end this re-tool nonsense and tear it all down.

19 Davon Reed SAC
We are running out of players who are seeing any minutes. Reed doesnt play much, but the talent is there as teams with cap room are already targeting Reed as one of the players they could steal in RFA.

20 Chimezie Metu SAC
Metu is in the exact same situation as Reed. Sacramento just has too much depth they will have to make some tough decisions this off-season.
Last edited by Silogical on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: 2023 re-draft

Post by Dennis »

I don’t get the pick order. Did we lose our pick?
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:33 am I don’t get the pick order. Did we lose our pick?
This is the re draft order. You traded your pick to biz.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

LOL. There's a lot of projected pick swaps that don't make sense here. For example, in the Top 5 alone, Bucks would have to trade up to 3, then we'd have to trade down a second time to 5. Neither Bucks nor Pistons will move up just one slot.

Putting aside that though - New York with JJJ and Fultz, Milwaukee with Porter, and Indiana with Okobo all make sense. Dance Moose doesn't drop past Dennis at 7, so there's no way he'd trade the pick to Houston.

Career/team projections are cute. I'd permanently quit the league if the playoff drought lasted another 5 years though.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Jestor wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:54 am LOL. There's a lot of projected pick swaps that don't make sense here. For example, in the Top 5 alone, Bucks would have to trade up to 3, then we'd have to trade down a second time to 5. Neither Bucks nor Pistons will move up just one slot.

Putting aside that though - New York with JJJ and Fultz, Milwaukee with Porter, and Indiana with Okobo all make sense. Dance Moose doesn't drop past Dennis at 7, so there's no way he'd trade the pick to Houston.

Career/team projections are cute. I'd permanently quit the league if the playoff drought lasted another 5 years though.
MIL drafted Porter with the 4th pick, but in the redraft you are taking Porter 3rd.
You drafted Mikal 3rd and in the redraft he is going 5th.

I wanted to talk about the players on the teams that drafted them so that's why i did it that way.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Who is dance mouse?

CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Lost... I...am... Huh???

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Yeah this is super confusing. Dont get it after reading it 3 times :D

CSL Champions Image 2028

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think he meant this as how the draft should have looked if we revisit back in a few seasons? That's the perspective he's going for I think.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Jestor wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:54 amCareer/team projections are cute. I'd permanently quit the league if the playoff drought lasted another 5 years though.
How about finishing in 9th four seasons in a row?!?! :lol:
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I have re-read and I understand what he's doing here. I think its just confusing because this is a projection article on a draft that hasn't even happened yet, but its clever because its his version of a mock draft with a four year reflection all in one.

I like reading where you have teams in 4 years (the Bulls and Rockets winning another ring, OKC falling hard after blowing this current 3-1 series to SAC, Adam doing Adam things, etc) as some of them made me laugh. Can't wait to actually look back on this article in 3-4 seasons...

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Yeah, I like the idea of a reflection before the draft even takes place. Would have been nice to use a little lube first and pre-wire us with what we were about to read. lol
Clown.Show.League

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Interesting

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

Love the idea

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Nice idea and as Jon says, love the hints how it will go ... lets see how it shakes out.
The order is overall pretty much what I would have too. But no picks this year, can lean back and watch it happen.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Orlando needs Okobo or Shamet if they wanna be a contending team next season. Rookies who can shoot usually hit the ground running.
Cleveland Cavaliers

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Love the premise of this article it's unique. but it could've used more context. I don't agree with some of the picks but that's to be expected and the general nature of this class. And I wish I could make a deal with Dennis for a pick but I end up getting killed most of the time lmao

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

A very interesting approach for a Mock Draft. I don't see Porter falling to us, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Great to see it go down to 20 which gave us a quick look at our picks.

Great idea though. We may need to correct depth issues with three late picks in this draft.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027