League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Away Thread

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Away Thread

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah, if you want to be part of the league when we transition, the best way would be to stay on as an active GM and make it work without the game for the season until then. Every GM in the league prior to transition will stay on as a GM in the new program (unless they wish to leave the league). If you wait, there is no guarantee an opening will be available and you have a very good team.

AC
General Manager

Post by AC »

emplep7 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:53 pm Yeah, if you want to be part of the league when we transition, the best way would be to stay on as an active GM and make it work without the game for the season until then. Every GM in the league prior to transition will stay on as a GM in the new program (unless they wish to leave the league). If you wait, there is no guarantee an opening will be available and you have a very good team.
I'll keep in touch with Myles. I'd like to remain in the league. My "Away" post was merely related to my inability to access the game and contribute to the league on a legitimate basis.
'22 - '23 Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Lonzo Ball / Ray McCallum
SG: Jabari Brown / E’Twaun Moore / Josh Richardson
SF: Jabari Parker / Kevin Hervey / Jerami Grant
PF: Adreian Payne / Moritz Wagner
C: Damian Jones / Daniel Miller

10th overall pick (2023 CSL Draft)

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Date: until 25th
Reason: holidays
Caretaker: non
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

AC wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 pm
blackice wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm
hardenwithnod wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:23 pm

You can still stick around even without the game, as there's a few of us that don't own the game.
Yeah I've always had a macbook and couldn't get a VM to work so I've been without the use of the game for most of my time in the league but it's definitely possible, you just have do things a bit differently and although you're at a disadvantage it's no reason to leave the league imo.
VMs are quite simple to setup, updating is the only issue, at least in this situation. I don't understand how I can contribute as sole GM of a team without having a working copy. If someone can inform me of how, then I'd love to know!
I've been in the league for 9 or 10 seasons and tb is is the first one I've had the game for. It's also the first one I've missed the playoffs in. Lolol

Point is, you'll be ok for bit without the game.
Clown.Show.League

AC
General Manager

Post by AC »

Ocons wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 am
AC wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 pm
blackice wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm
Yeah I've always had a macbook and couldn't get a VM to work so I've been without the use of the game for most of my time in the league but it's definitely possible, you just have do things a bit differently and although you're at a disadvantage it's no reason to leave the league imo.
VMs are quite simple to setup, updating is the only issue, at least in this situation. I don't understand how I can contribute as sole GM of a team without having a working copy. If someone can inform me of how, then I'd love to know!
I've been in the league for 9 or 10 seasons and tb is is the first one I've had the game for. It's also the first one I've missed the playoffs in. Lolol

Point is, you'll be ok for bit without the game.
Thanks, man. I'm still wanting to be apart of this league! The whole "you don't need the actual game to be apart of the league" concept is a bit puzzling though, I'll admit :?
'22 - '23 Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Lonzo Ball / Ray McCallum
SG: Jabari Brown / E’Twaun Moore / Josh Richardson
SF: Jabari Parker / Kevin Hervey / Jerami Grant
PF: Adreian Payne / Moritz Wagner
C: Damian Jones / Daniel Miller

10th overall pick (2023 CSL Draft)

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Because you can control everything except your submatrix in the forum and other GMs are usually willing to do your matrix for you. Only think you're missing out on is advanced stats and they could be better anyway.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

drumr wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:24 am Because you can control everything except your submatrix in the forum and other GMs are usually willing to do your matrix for you. Only think you're missing out on is advanced stats and they could be better anyway.

Most GMs will even screenshot the advanced stats for you if you ask nicely ;)
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Cleasby wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:25 am
drumr wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:24 am Because you can control everything except your submatrix in the forum and other GMs are usually willing to do your matrix for you. Only think you're missing out on is advanced stats and they could be better anyway.

Most GMs will even screenshot the advanced stats for you if you ask nicely ;)
I usually charge a "laugh at my drunken jokes in the chat fee", but yes I have heard about the advanced stats fee before.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Date of absence: 7/2 - 7/9
Reason: vacation
Caretaker GM (optional): I'll bring a laptop with me if we make it to round two somehow

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Post by NanashiWake »

Hey everyone,

For sure has been quite a while since I've remembered fondly about the sim-league days. So damn happy to see this forum and CSL still going strong (seemingly). Went through a lot of changes in my personal life and feel much less stressed, now I'm re-discovering a bunch of hobbies and I hope to one day make a return to the scene if peeps will still have me.

Nonetheless, either way, I'll probably be checking in and seeing how squads end up for fun. Until then, have a great rest of the week guys. Miss the articles. Lol

EDIT: Also, didn't know where else to post this, didn't seem able to make a thread as a non-GM or something Lol So if this in the wrong place, feel free to move it.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

NanashiWake wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:33 am Hey everyone,

For sure has been quite a while since I've remembered fondly about the sim-league days. So damn happy to see this forum and CSL still going strong (seemingly). Went through a lot of changes in my personal life and feel much less stressed, now I'm re-discovering a bunch of hobbies and I hope to one day make a return to the scene if peeps will still have me.

Nonetheless, either way, I'll probably be checking in and seeing how squads end up for fun. Until then, have a great rest of the week guys. Miss the articles. Lol

EDIT: Also, didn't know where else to post this, didn't seem able to make a thread as a non-GM or something Lol So if this in the wrong place, feel free to move it.
That's good to hear Nanashi! Welcome back man and stay healthy and relaxed!
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Glad to hear you’ve got things going in your favor in life. Would love to have an active Nanashi back!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Hey Nanashi, what's up!
Saw you back in the forums, that's great news!

If you ever think about coming back for real, you can work with me as an assistant GM until we find an opening for you!
That would be a real pleasure!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Hey I see you're a veteran who's no longer a GM. Hope life is going well for you. Welcome (back?) to the league. If you have any advice for me, as a newbie, I'm all ears.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Post by NanashiWake »

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. Feels like it was not too long ago that I was refreshing this forum on my phone browser endlessly discussing trades I probanly shouldn't have done. Lol

Ramcus, thanks for the kind words, I'd hope I can offer some style of insight. I know media shit was my specialty, wouldn't mind brainstorming through some PMs if ya' like?

As for that offer Marcos, shit, that makes the most sense anyways to me! Whenever I feel comfortable enough that I don't feel I'll never have to leave unannounced again, I'll for sure message you.

Side note, where the fuck is Tristan Thompson?! That fucker better be balling?! Lol
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

TheTwoWallaces
Senior Vice President

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Date of absence: 8/9 - 8/19
Reason: bike trip across Sweden. I might check in every couple days when I rest, but unlikely. If you have any pre-free agency trades you wanna make with me, so do before I head out.
Caretaker GM: Jon and Myles will keep the Pacers afloat thru Free Agency
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Kispert | Martin
Johnson | McDaniels
Wiseman | Stewart | Petrusev

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Damn how did I miss this?

Nana! What's up man! Been a long time since I believe oCSL... maybe even R2G? Anyway great hearing from you and hope to see you GM once again.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Date of absence: 8/24 - 9/2
Reason: vacation
Caretaker GM: will have internet here and there

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Date of absence: 9/12 - 9/14
Reason: Last-minute wedding invite
Caretaker GM: Hoping I have internet at hotel

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Memphis gonna be away till the 22nd of September. I will keep trying to upload but I will miss some.