League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Knicks the Off Season

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

The Knicks the Off Season

Post by Stockton12 »

The knicks the off season

New York Knicks has a busy off season coming this year as a number of players come out of contract and they have 2 first round draft picks this year , we break down the players and picks on this team and what is Stockton’s to keep or trade .

PG : Moado Lo , Ryan Boatright , Chris Tang

Lo hasn’t had a single offer from any Gm’s in the league but that’s okay Stockton is happy to keep him and will try and shift him to sg come next season , Lo has had a break out season and was motivated by Boston’s comment that he was a bust. Boatright went out of Sacramento for a late second round pick and saw his time increased and even started for the knicks I’m sure he will be back .

SG/SF : Justin Anderson , Wesley Saunders, Joesph Young , TJ Warren and Julian Washburn

The Knicks scored Anderson in a trade with Orlando that also brought in Orlando’s first round pick this year so eyes will be on what happens with that pick, Anderson’s name came up in a few trades but nothing happened with two teams trying to secure his services .

Young and Warren have one year contracts next year and warren can light it off from the bench as seen in a number of games while Washburn and Saunders are both looking for new homes .

CE/PF : Josh Davis , Roy hibbert , Isiah hartenstein , Tacko Fall , Giannis and Domantas Sabonis

The Knicks gm chased Josh Davis for along time And finally got him . They love his rebounding and defence but he has shown that in the Knicks team he can score as well posting career high in ppg and it’s certain that Stockton will bring him back with a pay rise to boot . Sabonis is another favourite of stocktons and will also come back to New York unless someone offers him a mad contract this year . Giannis is rumoured to be verballed while hibbert is expiring and won’t come back , hartenstein and Fall never got much time with Fall rumoured to be on the way out .

The Draft Picks

The Knicks own their own first round pick this season and won’t trade it no matter what while they also own Orlando’s first this year and that’s slotted to be around 9-12 this year but both depend on how the lotto balls fall So Stockton will have his fingers crossed. A few offers have been received from a number of gms for Orlando’s pick but the Knicks will wait until the draft before deciding.

Cap Space

The Knicks should have around $20 million to spend and they have already researched who to target but that will depends on who they draft and how it go’s with the player agents this year and with the Knicks needing a point guard that will be their priority this year .

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Re: The Knicks the Off Season

Post by Flaming Homer »

Not an easy situation in NY.
Finding this franchise guy with this years pick would jump start the rebuild. Having Orlandos pick too gives you the chance to find another young complimentary piece.
I also like Boatright, Anderson, Warren, Davis and Sabonis as veterans around the rooks. Maybe one of them can net you another good 1st but they are worth to keep around.

Patient is as always the hard part next year ... don't trade your top draft choice too quick :-)

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This will be a long rebuild project, but you do have your picks, so that will definitely help. I think if you keep the picks, then you need go to the BPA route, as this team needs as much talent as possible.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Flaming Homer wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:33 am Not an easy situation in NY.
Finding this franchise guy with this years pick would jump start the rebuild. Having Orlandos pick too gives you the chance to find another young complimentary piece.
I also like Boatright, Anderson, Warren, Davis and Sabonis as veterans around the rooks. Maybe one of them can net you another good 1st but they are worth to keep around.

Patient is as always the hard part next year ... don't trade your top draft choice too quick :-)
If he gets a first for them, then he's on marcos level.
Will need another 3-4 years before you are close to playoffs. Maybe dds19 will work your way.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Knowing me if I were gm'ing NY I'd package Anderson and the ORL 1st for a more exciting or on the cusp franchise type player to go along with whoever you get with the Knicks 1st but things are looking up for your team.

Good luck.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Dennis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Will need another 3-4 years before you are close to playoffs. Maybe dds19 will work your way.
Anderson and Davis should fetch a first (at least my evaluation for them), if not I would definitely keep them

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Flaming Homer wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Anderson and Davis should fetch a first (at least my evaluation for them), if not I would definitely keep them
Agree.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

You've got all the good role players that teams need to fill out contenders. 3&D wing, rebounding big men, scoring 6th man guard. Just don't have any key players for them to play around, which is obviously the toughest part to obtain.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Here’s what I would do:

Package role players for future picks
Go for some young FAs
If young FAs don’t sign, sign 1 year deals to fill roster
Continue to maintain cap flexibility
Keep your picks
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Man it sounds so easy in this thread to get firsts for bench players.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 am
Flaming Homer wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Agree.
Anderson shouldn't due to his contract. Or is he an expiring already? Davis is an average player. I don't think many gms would pay a first for him. I wouldnt even give up a miami/phoenix first for him.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Honestly, just sit out FA as much as you can. It's a 4-5 year rebuilding project.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Dennis wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:48 am Anderson shouldn't due to his contract. Or is he an expiring already? Davis is an average player. I don't think many gms would pay a first for him. I wouldnt even give up a miami/phoenix first for him.
Anderson has just one year left next season, but if you look at the price tag for 3&D around the league his 10Mil seems not too expensive at all.
I would pay a late 1st for Davis any day. Rebounds are important and he is one good rebounder.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Flaming Homer wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 am
Dennis wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:48 am Anderson shouldn't due to his contract. Or is he an expiring already? Davis is an average player. I don't think many gms would pay a first for him. I wouldnt even give up a miami/phoenix first for him.
Anderson has just one year left next season, but if you look at the price tag for 3&D around the league his 10Mil seems not too expensive at all.
I would pay a late 1st for Davis any day. Rebounds are important and he is one good rebounder.
Agreed Davis is a beast rebounder .watch to see what he does next year for us .

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Myles wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:37 am You've got all the good role players that teams need to fill out contenders. 3&D wing, rebounding big men, scoring 6th man guard. Just don't have any key players for them to play around, which is obviously the toughest part to obtain.
I’ll get there eventually .

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

hardenwithnod wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:40 am Here’s what I would do:

Package role players for future picks
Go for some young FAs
If young FAs don’t sign, sign 1 year deals to fill roster
Continue to maintain cap flexibility
Keep your picks
What are you offering lol

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

After seeing the replies in the thread were I Knicks GM and couldn't package Anderson ORL 1st for the upgrade I mentioned I would keep him.

He's expiring and valuable. He would command just about his current contract if he were a FA this offseason, no need to sell him for the sake of selling him due to in season changes of teams going compete to completely win now when their window opens (similar to ORL DEN GS trade).

He'd be more useful then vs offseason imo.

That said you and Indy or Mem make great trading partners imo. BK as well.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams