League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

sophomore/rookie ladder + IT

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

sophomore/rookie ladder + IT

Post by Silogical »

*Jan 5th

Sophomores are crushing it so far, and Ball hasnt made an appearance yet. Ntilikina, Kuzma, and Bird are all performing well below my expectations, but those teams occasionally run high pace high zone, and those strats are suboptimal for this ladder. All stats shown are used plus ST%, PA/SF, FTA and whether the player is playing against opposing teams benches or starters. The most weight goes towards steals, O rebounds, blocks, and TS%.

IT at PF results get a piece below the ladder because the results are idential to Hezonjas results. There isnt much more to say. Playing a small guy against bigger opponents lead to better stats except assists, but it also leads to fewer wins. It is similar to padding a centers stats running Single post. Your center will go for 30-20 but you wont win very many games.

The optimal strats for Taylor at PF were used 3pace 66 5zone ISO. The strats used for SG were just a clone of the optimal PF strats. (ITs scoring rating was slightly higher in the tests then CSL, they were the same for both sides so it doesnt change the results. You can take any guard play him in the post and get the same results. better individual stats at the expense of team wins.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: sophomore/rookie ladder + IT

Post by Andrewu91 »

Hahaha at "the captain"

And shit, how did I beat you in the finals again? Like a magician with this system
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Bam Bam for President

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Nice work.
1 year more experience really makes a difference.
and reminds me to put my own ranking together!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Good stuff as usual, sucks that Rabb is out for the year.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Bagley clocking in at 11 despite being super raw and controlled minutes. Man, I can't wait to keep developing him.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

De'Aaron Fox seems like he's been in the League longer than 2yrs lol, great player

Some of these guys need more mins

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Good stuff. Monk is crushing my expectations for him this year. I thought the low endurance would hold him back much like it did last season, but that hasn't been the case. He's been fantastic, especially since I made him and Kemba swap positions.

Zach Collins and Semi Ojeleye are big surprises. They've had solid seasons.

What percentages did IT shoot in those trials? Where did his shots come from? Defensive stats? +/-? It's fairly useless without that knowledge since the stats aren't terribly different.

I'll be honest I don't think this was a good example to choose. It's well documented that height doesn't matter a whole lot, but with Taylor, you've picked a guard that has the interior scoring ratings of a PF or C, draws fouls at near Harden levels, and is total garbage from three. We know that frontcourt players always get more shots in the paint than perimeter players. Taylor having a high 50s FGD, great handles, high SCR, and high DRFL is a lethal combination and the closer you get him to the basket, the more he is going to score.

Offensively, the game doesn't care he is 63 pounds less than Harden was when I played him there. Defensively, I want to know what a 160 pounder does on defense at PF. Fat Harden was 223, and it was the only position at which he wasn't a turnstile. If I had to guess, 223 is fairly close to the average weight of a PF in this league currently anyway.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

BizGilwalker wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:19 am

I'll be honest I don't think this was a good example to choose. It's well documented that height doesn't matter a whole lot, but with Taylor, you've picked a guard that has the interior scoring ratings of a PF or C, draws fouls at near Harden levels, and is total garbage from three. We know that frontcourt players always get more shots in the paint than perimeter players. Taylor having a high 50s FGD, great handles, high SCR, and high DRFL is a lethal combination and the closer you get him to the basket, the more he is going to score.

Offensively, the game doesn't care he is 63 pounds less than Harden was when I played him there. Defensively, I want to know what a 160 pounder does on defense at PF. Fat Harden was 223, and it was the only position at which he wasn't a turnstile. If I had to guess, 223 is fairly close to the average weight of a PF in this league currently anyway.
I used IT because he was perfect to exploit the system. I thought if there was a guard you can play in the post and win games it would be IT. Taylor even with a boosted SCR rating and ISO offense couldnt win more games at PF than SG. I wasnt keeping track of advanced stats, but stats dont change much from sim to sim so i simmed a few extra rounds. Inside he's over .6TS% outside hes under .6TS% but his FG% from inside is better as a guard. His inside:outside ratio is just better as a post player. Conclusion: FGI not counting dunks/layups you are much better off facing a smaller opponent.

Here are the likely reasons why playing small doesnt result in wins despite padded stats.
Fouls and minutes IT fouled .6 times more per game at PF
tougher inside shots against bigger defenders
easier inside shots for your opponent.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Damn no Celtic despite fox made the list.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Ayton at #16 and the 5th highest rated rookie. Not bad but man I wish he had gotten some sort of boost during TC. Going to be a slow build with him I feel like.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Rizzo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:00 am Ayton at #16 and the 5th highest rated rookie. Not bad but man I wish he had gotten some sort of boost during TC. Going to be a slow build with him I feel like.
Bust
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:02 amBust
Go back to being silent!!!! :twisted:

:(
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Josh Jackson has still been an incredible defender still but his shooting has really fallen off this year. I'm hoping he gets it back.