League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Stat Power Rankings (9 Dec)

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

CSL Stat Power Rankings (9 Dec)

Post by bt »

Am going to try and get these out monthly but was a little late on this one.

Enjoy!

Complete Power Rankings
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: CSL Stat Power Rankings (9 Dec)

Post by Andrewu91 »

#4 seems about right. Injuries and getting the right set up is taking some time
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Looks like margin is super high weighted. Our schedule strength was way higher then Miami's, we beat them twice and had more away games the last 10 + better record last 10. Still they are ranked a good amount ahead of us. Is a blow out win against a bottom 5 team that increases your margin a lot, so much more worth then 10 point wins against Phoenix okc miami (2×) Detroit (2x) chicago and co?
Just wondering how the stats are composed.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 am Looks like margin is super high weighted. Our schedule strength was way higher then Miami's, we beat them twice and had more away games the last 10 + better record last 10. Still they are ranked a good amount ahead of us. Is a blow out win against a bottom 5 team that increases your margin a lot, so much more worth then 10 point wins against Phoenix okc miami (2×) Detroit (2x) chicago and co?
7 on the road with 90% McRae

It's okay to be behind me. Been that way forever. But... Carry on

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Dead last yup that’s where we belong

bt

Post by bt »

Dennis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 am Looks like margin is super high weighted. Our schedule strength was way higher then Miami's, we beat them twice and had more away games the last 10 + better record last 10. Still they are ranked a good amount ahead of us. Is a blow out win against a bottom 5 team that increases your margin a lot, so much more worth then 10 point wins against Phoenix okc miami (2×) Detroit (2x) chicago and co?
It's Hollingers exact formula. That will explain anything. Always a flaw with his system is that it doesn't look at individual games but just the record otherwise if this was human, you have Boston ahead of Miami because of those wins. It's a good tool to check stats though.

A lot of weight in the last 10. How the SOS is weighted compared to if you're destroying teams or home/road over the last 10, I'd need to check the calcs first. Guess I can always custom weight it but I personally agree that the last 10 games carry weight as they're constantly changing rankings, etc.
Last edited by bt on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
sacramento kings

bt

Post by bt »

Thought we were going reasonably well at 116.49 so checked some others and the Suns one year were 122.56 and that was 23 games in :shock:
sacramento kings

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

bt wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:57 am
It's Hollingers exact formula. That will explain anything. Always a flaw with his system is that it doesn't look at individual games but just the record otherwise if this was human, you have Boston ahead of Miami because of those wins. It's a good tool to check stats though.

A lot of weight in the last 10. How the SOS is weighted compared to if you're destroying teams or home/road over the last 10, I'd need to check the calcs first. Guess I can always custom weight it but I personally agree that the last 10 games carry weight as they're constantly changing rankings, etc.
Thanks for the feedback bt. Checked the formula and indeed, margin is highly weighted. So it makes sense that miami is ranked above due to +5 better while having a 0.050 worse SOS and 2 fewer road games.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 am

Not sure about last season. Else we have a run away better record than you had every season. I think (despite Detroit?) We are the only team with every season 50+ wins. Postseason didn't look well so far. But that's what happens when you have jon in the east :D

CSL Champions Image 2028

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Thanks BT!
We are not close to the very bottom so far, I take it as a good sign :-)

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Dennis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 am

Not sure about last season. Else we have a run away better record than you had every season. I think (despite Detroit?) We are the only team with every season 50+ wins. Postseason didn't look well so far. But that's what happens when you have jon in the east :D
I've gotten 50 wins every season I've been here too. Also you mention Detroit... but haven't I knocked you out twice? Man. Just no respect here lol.

Also Andrew. You won one. We get it. Doesn't mean you've suddenly become a genius GM or had it validated. It means you had a good run. That facebook diatribe was borderline insulting I would have probably cussed your ass out lol. Personally I respect the win, but I think the Suns and Kings beat you 9 times out of 10 fully healthy which I think neither were and still pushed them 7 games.

I hope we all have a nice healthy playoffs so some of us can get some humblin lol
Cleveland Cavaliers

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Haha Josh, full respect for you. Did you beat us twice? I remember the 4-3 CF loss. Just named jon and Detroit because I was going through the standings and checked every team since start. That's why I believe Detroit is the only other team. Didn't check for GM specifically, only for other teams.

Ps: jon knocked us out 4 times I think

CSL Champions Image 2028

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Just having fun with yout Dennis. Can't mess with you anymore since you left the chat lol. I'll have to check but I thought we've matched up twice.

4 times. Whew. Yeah I think a lot of us were happy to see Kemba leave Detroit lol. Though Roziers newfound efficiency is troubling.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

drumr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:12 pm Just having fun with yout Dennis. Can't mess with you anymore since you left the chat lol. I'll have to check but I thought we've matched up twice.

4 times. Whew. Yeah I think a lot of us were happy to see Kemba leave Detroit lol. Though Roziers newfound efficiency is troubling.
Haha yeah. For the better of the league I left the chat. Might change next season again.

CSL Champions Image 2028

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Good stuff, bt.

From what I've seen, the Kings are clearly the class of the CSL right now. Still plenty of time for teams to make moves and catch them, but they deserve to be at the top right now. To think they've done this without Westbrook is very concerning to me as a fellow contender haha. Not gonna be easy to knock them off.

Not much separates 2-7 imho. I would have the order a little different, but it's certainly debatable.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Nets right in the middle of the pack where we belong. We've fallen on hard times over the past 10 games so hopefully we can turn our fortunes around.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

GreenBear wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:16 pm Good stuff, bt.

From what I've seen, the Kings are clearly the class of the CSL right now. Still plenty of time for teams to make moves and catch them, but they deserve to be at the top right now. To think they've done this without Westbrook is very concerning to me as a fellow contender haha. Not gonna be easy to knock them off.

Not much separates 2-7 imho. I would have the order a little different, but it's certainly debatable.
Kings
Boston
OKC
Phoenix
Miami
Cleveland
Detroit

is where I would put it right now. I can't put myself above Miami till we win a series and OKC has beaten a lot of top teams. Phoenix has been banged up, but you are what your record is as they say. Boston is scary as they're winning with Dennis openly just managing health till the playoffs. Will Westbrook make the Kings just unbeatable or will his return be too late to make the risk worth it?
Cleveland Cavaliers

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Shocked I’m not last...
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

drumr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:21 pm
Dennis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 am

I've gotten 50 wins every season I've been here too. Also you mention Detroit... but haven't I knocked you out twice? Man. Just no respect here lol.

Also Andrew. You won one. We get it. Doesn't mean you've suddenly become a genius GM or had it validated. It means you had a good run. That facebook diatribe was borderline insulting I would have probably cussed your ass out lol. Personally I respect the win, but I think the Suns and Kings beat you 9 times out of 10 fully healthy which I think neither were and still pushed them 7 games.

I hope we all have a nice healthy playoffs so some of us can get some humblin lol
*Looks at banner*

What did you say again Josh?

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

That you're basically Ty Lue. :D
Cleveland Cavaliers